Canadian Brawn Roll Call

It will take time for her to pick up other senses nothing to worry about & if you flush her ears with the formula it myth help. With my baby they said that she would not see from both of her eyes ever again after her injury from special need child throwing steak off dinner table after asked not to do so multiple times & the results of my baby getting attacked by bigger dog. I love my babe and I kept pushing for her even when she was giving up her self and stopped eating I syringe fed her & I definitely did not give up no matter how hard it got and no matter what doctors said. Her vision did come back in one eye which was a blessing since the doctor’s said she’ll never see again, the other one had to be removed two years after fighting the infection so my point is keep on fighting for her keep on loving her no matter what doctors say she could always get her hearing back or if not she would learn other ways to respond to you because she would know that you are loyal to her as she is to you animals are smarter than people give a credit to.
Ya yours reminds me of a pug that went blind too.

Was such a good loving pug, with soooo much energy. Im probably just over thinking this to much.

You are not overthinking at all you are just concerned because you love her.
Thanks. Still feel a bit down, had a good cry talking to the fiance about it last night. But as you guys have all said. She will adapt.

And it seems to me that its her left ear where most of the hearing is gone, and that was the ear where the infection was. And as I had stated, pugs are very prone to ear infections and hearing loss in older age because of them. So its very possible this could of just happen naturally, who knows. Her right ear seems ok, but hard to tell.

At this point, I will just flush her ears again by the end of the week and just let life take its course.

Mentally Im not ok right now. A week ago my pug had an ear infection so I took her in and the vet gave us this medication which seem to work, but little did I know how serious some of the side effects could be.

She is now partially deaf, she will barely respond to me. She can still hear, but it seems a struggle for her to understand me. wtf. It seems issues with this medication and it causing dogs to loose hearing date back as far as 2010. But yet this fucking product is still on the market. At this point there is no much we can do. I can try flushing her ears and hope that it reverses over time which Merck seems to say about %80 of animals will regain hearing, which I call bullshit. Considering there is more negative reports then good. I have not seen one report of a dog regaining there hearing.

At this point im fucking fed up with everything. The slightest thing and im probably gonna loose my shit. All I can do is look at my pug and ball my eyes out, like wtf did I do to her. But what choice did I have. Her ears where developing an infection, so it had to be treated. Unfortunately being a pug and 9yr,s old she is more prone to ear problems then most other animals.

Might be a good time to come off cycle, cause im about to mentally break down. I might have to take her to the vet again idk, there isnt much they can do anyways. And the fact funds are extremly low makes it even harder on what to do right now. I dont wanna ask anyone for help because its not there issue, and its not like vets care to help anyone during this hard time.

But beware of this product: Mometamax, this shit should not be on the market, there needs to be a class action lawsuit against merck, but really who has the money to even file a case agains them. Just do a quick search, it seems this crap has done more harm then good. One thing ive learnt, make sure im aware of any medication I give her from now on. I was just so stressed out and rushed to the vet before the infection got worse I did not even bother to look into what I was giving her.

View attachment 6767

Holy shit, just a few weeks ago I took my dog in for a minor ear infection. The vet prescribed some meds. I vaguely recalled reading about hearing loss resulting from such medications, so I googled it and sure enough there were multiple reports of hearing loss. We decided not to give him the meds.

I easily could have been in your same situation, and would be just as devastated. I don't know how they can keep this on the market!

It's absolutely not your fault, so please don't feel guilty. We love our pets so much and bring them to the vet because we want to help. You'd never expect something like this.

Not sure how old your dog is, but I read in a lot of younger dogs the hearing can come back after 2 weeks. I hope yours has a good outcome!

Holy shit, just a few weeks ago I took my dog in for a minor ear infection. The vet prescribed some meds. I vaguely recalled reading about hearing loss resulting from such medications, so I googled it and sure enough there were multiple reports of hearing loss. We decided not to give him the meds.

I easily could have been in your same situation, and would be just as devastated. I don't know how they can keep this on the market!

It's absolutely not your fault, so please don't feel guilty. We love our pets so much and bring them to the vet because we want to help. You'd never expect something like this.

Not sure how old your dog is, but I read in a lot of younger dogs the hearing can come back after 2 weeks. I hope yours has a good outcome!
Ya man, I had just rushed her to the vet because I could see her ear getting worse, so I didnt even think twice when she gave me the med. I just wanted to help my dog. Now she isnt fully deaf, but she does struggle to hear me some times. I just gotta pray now it comes back. But yes she is 9 yrs old. But this was bound to happen with a pug anyways.

But the vet sent me a reply, she is a good lady and I know its not her fault either.

So sorry for the delay in my response, but I'm really glad you got some ear cleaner in the mean time. I'm also really glad to hear that the hearing loss seems to be partial!

While it's fairly uncommon, it certainly does happen sometimes (as you've sussed out already, too). You're also correct that the hearing loss may OR may not be permanent - only time will tell. Don't feel bad, though! I think we did everything right to treat her ears, and she just happened to be one of the unlucky ones to experience this side effect. Thankfully though - her hearing loss isn't complete, and we got some benefit of the treatment too before we had to discontinue. As well, dogs are so remarkably resilient - she will adapt no problem to this! (I find that they are much better at adapting to things like this than people are, haha)

Of course, we'll have a note on her file that this occurred and that she's never to have this medication again. As well, my practice manager will be reporting this event to the drug company as an adverse effect of medication.

Are her ears still looking okay after flushing with the malacetic wash?

Thanks for keeping us posted and great job dealing with this at home,

Ya man, I had just rushed her to the vet because I could see her ear getting worse, so I didnt even think twice when she gave me the med. I just wanted to help my dog. Now she isnt fully deaf, but she does struggle to hear me some times. I just gotta pray now it comes back. But yes she is 9 yrs old. But this was bound to happen with a pug anyways.

But the vet sent me a reply, she is a good lady and I know its not her fault either.

So sorry for the delay in my response, but I'm really glad you got some ear cleaner in the mean time. I'm also really glad to hear that the hearing loss seems to be partial!

While it's fairly uncommon, it certainly does happen sometimes (as you've sussed out already, too). You're also correct that the hearing loss may OR may not be permanent - only time will tell. Don't feel bad, though! I think we did everything right to treat her ears, and she just happened to be one of the unlucky ones to experience this side effect. Thankfully though - her hearing loss isn't complete, and we got some benefit of the treatment too before we had to discontinue. As well, dogs are so remarkably resilient - she will adapt no problem to this! (I find that they are much better at adapting to things like this than people are, haha)

Of course, we'll have a note on her file that this occurred and that she's never to have this medication again. As well, my practice manager will be reporting this event to the drug company as an adverse effect of medication.

Sounds like a good vet. She's right, at least your pup still has partial hearing. Hopefully she'll recover more over the next week.

I just wanted to post this how grateful I’m & blessed. On Thursday we had really bad storms trees was down everywhere. Today when I was delivering food to one of the households I have found out from the couple that I delivered food to that about two weeks ago they rented a room to elderly man that man has passed away from a tree falling straight through his bedroom window & young couple not far from me have both passed away with the same situation happened to them seven people have died from this storm in my town & there are people that are not having electricity all the way until tomorrow. I feel like I did had a rough year from disasters but I do forget to be humble no matter what the circumstance I might be dealing with at the moment I’m still grateful and blessed for being alive, having shelter and food on my table ☺️

I just wanted to post this how grateful I’m & blessed. On Thursday we had really bad storms trees was down everywhere. Today when I was delivering food to one of the households I have found out from the couple that I delivered food to that about two weeks ago they rented a room to elderly man that man has passed away from a tree falling straight through his bedroom window & young couple not far from me have both passed away with the same situation happened to them seven people have died from this storm in my town & there are people that are not having electricity all the way until tomorrow. I feel like I did had a rough year from disasters but I do forget to be humble no matter what the circumstance I might be dealing with at the moment I’m still grateful and blessed for being alive, having shelter and food on my table [emoji3526]

Pretty awesome attitude to have, it can be hard sometimes especially when you’ve been given more than a few reasons to feel otherwise.

Nothing wrong with feeling down sometimes too, but I think it makes a big difference in your life if you let that kind of positive attitude and gratefulness take the forefront.

I found out who’s cat that was that I’ve been taking care of. She showed up from nowhere at their house as a kitten but the family have 5 kids & 3 are special need that get very violent with the animals the cat is afraid of those kids, no wandering she runs to my house I was so disappointed of this news. I grow so close to her my phone is already has like hundreds of pictures of her lol

I need advice I just ordered bunch of food from Sam’s Club 28 cases of cat food & FRONTLINE flea treatment for 6 months and she has that outdoor waterproof heated cat home what do I do? Should I keep it or return it can I legally get in-trouble for feeding someone’s cats & taking care of it?

How are things with the pup @The_Night_King? Did her hearing come back fully? Hope everything is going well.

She is still her self, but hard to tell if hearing is restored, like she can still hear. But it seems only high pitched sounds like clapping and such. Just got to adapt to it all now I guess.

I've read dogs do quite well adapting to the loss of a sense like sight or hearing. They "see" so much of the world through their nose already, it makes it easier to compensate

You clearly take great care of her, so I'm sure she's still perfectly happy. 👍

I need advice I just ordered bunch of food from Sam’s Club 28 cases of cat food & FRONTLINE flea treatment for 6 months and she has that outdoor waterproof heated cat home what do I do? Should I keep it or return it can I legally get in-trouble for feeding someone’s cats & taking care of it?

Sorry, I'm not sure about the legal side. I think if the cat has come on to your property then you might have some leverage. You could even claim you thought it was a stray.

Alternatively, is it possible the family might be willing to let you adopt the cat or come to some arrangement?

This is how I felt today especially since I was on call last night and had to work until 6 AM. Second day working out after my recovery from injury on the 11, I feel like I’m too motivated I had a friend to tell me to not over do with so I had to cut my motivation down.
BC751725-81E2-4BF4-9053-F90717495214.jpeg