Anxiety....

I used to do the same. I would focus on the bad situation and it would compound. Then I’d lose it.
Now when I catch myself I calm myself down but I still feel off for a couple hours after.

I am so much better now, but this is 6-7 years of learning to let the little things go.
That may or may not be anxiety. It may be just ego....Who am i to say...Not being an ass hat. Full on Anxiety is not easily controlled. it is debilitating etc. 30 plus years of trying for myself, countless mentors, consultants, tools in the tool box etc.
Mine was completely uncontrolled. Not fun when even raising my voice on a normal day, makes people turn to snowflakes. Being a semi freak of nature in size and strength does not help with the judgements, i can say that as well.

I have amazing will power. I can practice and master many things. This is not something that breathing or mind control will help with. Once it starts, it does not stop. It is a chemical reaction. Feels helpless. I went to work many a day or out to the bar or an outing many times wondering what would occur and it is not fun when your destiny is kind of out of your control.
I have deep empathy for anyone struggling with these and other mind issues.

Thanks for the feedback and discussions folks.

Last edited:
That may or may not be anxiety. It may be just ego....Who am i to say...Not being an ass hat. Full on Anxiety is not easily controlled. it is debilitating etc. 30 plus years of trying for myself, countless mentors, consultants, tools in the tool box etc.
Mine was completely uncontrolled. Not fun when even raising my voice on a normal day, makes people turn to snowflakes. Being a semi freak of nature in size and strength does not help with the judgements, i can say that as well.

I have amazing will power. I can practice and master many things. This is not something that breathing or mind control will help with. Once it starts, it does not stop. It is a chemical reaction. Feels helpless. I went to work many a day or out to the bar or an outing many times wondering what would occur and it is not fun when your destiny is kind of out of your control.
I have deep empathy for anyone struggling with these and other mind issues.

Thanks for the feedback and discussions folks.
I’m thinking mine just isn’t as bad as yours.
I still get and used to get the same feelings. I know exactly what you are talking about.
I’ve had to apologize a few times after the fact once I’ve realized what I did.

Anyhow, my wife is very good at calming me. If she’s around and sees it coming, she knows exactly what to do or say to get me out of the funk.

When I was young I was so chaotic, seriously never thought id make it to 40, never mind 50,lol.

All you can do really is hold it together and if you new found drug is helping to get some relief, perfect.

I still get and used to get the same feelings. I know exactly what you are talking about.

Anyhow, my wife is very good at calming me. If she’s around and sees it coming, she knows exactly what to do or say to get me out of the funk.

When I was young I was so chaotic, seriously never thought id make it to 40, never mind 50,lol.

All you can do really is hold it together and if you new found drug is helping to get some relief, perfect.

I think what your experiencing is part of just being a male in a world that has become much more interactive and social then many male's brains have evolved to be.

Guys like us functioned very well with this personality for thousands of years, but its just not acceptable anymore and so we are forced to behave in a way we are not programed to

I think what your experiencing is part of just being a male in a world that has become much more interactive and social then many male's brains have evolved to be.

Guys like us functioned very well with this personality for thousands of years, but its just not acceptable anymore and so we are forced to behave in a way we are not programed to
Yeah, maybe. I never really analyzed it though.

Possibly.
What i meant by ego is that when younger we all have ego's, as we age we get it under control. I have an ego as well, similar to what Animal inside is speaking of.
Very true statements. I come from an area where one was measured on manliness, i.e.: strength, ability to endure pain, ability to stand off if challenged, ability to hold ones alcohol without being a little bitch etc. Etc. Ability to Hunt and prepare game, catch fish, Trap animals.
If you were good at all these things, you were celebrated and talked about in high regard.
Now a days, all these are frowned upon as caveman like. lol

It is true. All of these traits were very valuable at one time in society, and has slowly digressed, right wrong or indifferent, it is what it is.

Anxiety has always been there since my late teens and the reason i am speaking about it is, once i figured it out, and that it was not just me not fitting in with snowflakes and it was something more, it was empowering.
Sounds funny, but tis true.
Supplements, not drugs are able to right some wrongs with chemicals in my brain, or gut. From several concussions and many other physical traumas in life. One does not get to play with big ass bulls and horses trying to domesticate them as they see us as a flea, and want to shake our asses off of them without some repercussions, one does not get to get hit upon the brain bucket with axe handles or other items in situations or car crashes with fractured skull etc. without something happening. We call all of this "good times".
Anyway, That is what the docs figured is the root causes.

I have definitely Not been sitting in a room in a fetal position with a doc saying "show me on the dolly, where the big mean man hurt your feeling" lolol

I am similar to you in the fact my wife can help me a lot, she sees it coming and will either give me a talking to, or has walked to the guy if in an altercation (very rare lately) and softly said, well sir, you are about to embark on a journey that will not have a positive outcome in your favor, so fair warning...lolol...
Mostly she will help me calm down and try and help me see the calmer side of things and that my brain is telling me something that may, or may not truly be as big a deal as i think. Then reminds me of the impact of what my mouth, or brain will have on the near future if i carry on.

I can always control myself if kids are around, i will never embarrass , even the biggest douche in front of his kids. I will never lose my temper or get antsy, it is code engrained deep in me, more so than anxiety.
That is just one side of it, the thinking over and over if i remember something i need to do, then needing to write it down in thoughts i may forget the task.
Anyways, I've said a lot already and it is all great discussions, no need to carry on with MY items. I appreciate others chiming in as well. Always something to learn when others share.

My kid has a Anxiety Panic disorder, it has been manageable for the last couple years, good days and bad days. But in the last couple weeks none of his "go to" techniques to control it have been helping, and it's getting worse daily. Only getting a couple hours of sleep each night, having to leave work, not wanting to see his gf or friends, really messing with his guts and stomach pains. Yesterday we got a product with Gaba and it's the first night he has slept through the night. Hoping this will continue to be something that helps him. Thanks for the tip IW.

Anxiety and panic attacks have become a recent problem in my life. I can only state on my own experience. There are definitely factors that compound the condition.

I am in my 60's and left partially physically disabled from a bike accident. I struggle with a sense of "not measuring up". Much like ironwill spoke of it is a generational thing. The financial impact of my extended healthcare needs crippled me financially for a 4 year period. This only added to the afore mentioned state of being.

The feeling of vulnerability at the core from financial fear and physical frailty has to say the least been crushing at times.

Most recently, after 32 years of providing frontline healthcare to the homeless/MH/Addictions community the additional stressors of the regulations for service under the pandemic culminated in the workplace stress level becoming unbearable.

There a number of excellent medications and therapies. EMDR, talk therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are worth investigating.

Medications like Mirtazapine, Cymbalta several anti-depressants in the correct dosages all balance brain chemistry in our favour. Coupled with the correct therapies it might just save your life

If you have not done so please seek medical advice from someone who is qualified.

When I went off work 3 months ago m BP was 191/119 for days at a time. I could not get out of the house except to train.

Saw my GP Tuesday after a 5km fast walk while drinking a Starbucks Grande Americano. My BP was 130/81. (I hit on the nurse too).

That kind of improvement is not to be dismissed.

Hope this helps.

Anxiety can be very troublesome for some folks, either acutely or chronic. I have chronic anxiety. I manage it very well. Gym is number one for me. Otherwise, i can have someone disrespect me and think for days on every form of revenge one can imagine. I can run things through my mind for days. I do not get nervous about things like speaking in public. I can feel stress in spades and feel it deep in my gut. Etc, etc.
I can feel awkward if sitting in a group of colleagues, then start yapping. Then wonder for hours or more if i was weird, and run over and over what i said and how it was taken.
Now that may be anxiety, i was told it was by a psychologist and diagnosed. Not sure if it remains to be fact.
I function decently, but it does not matter if it is a CEO, or fellow executive director, or a sub ordinate report, or The pope. If i feel disrespected i fire..
Not fun...
Regardless, this was a big thing for myself for many years, and i hid it quite well, but suffered immensely inside. Like a deep never ending pain.

I discovered GABA awhile ago. I have been taking GABA for awhile now. I am a whole different person inside, and the person i am on the outside is the same, but not a fight to maintain. It is easy now, many things are water off a ducks back.

I am in a position where i have to deal with high stress situations and lots of arrogant people that are hard to deal with as i am an executive director for Many mines and i actually enjoy my job now. I don't wake up daily wondering if i will tell someone off, or just Quit my job and create hell on my way out. Or worse.

I know it sounds immature, but the struggle was very real.
My point is, if anyone struggles with anxiety, or chronic stress and having trouble dealing with it. I highly, highly recommend Gaba. Available at any health food store, it is derived from lactic acid. Maybe that is a tie in with the gym, If in the gym 5 times per week, i was also able to manage much better, but still not this good, not even close.
I have had several concussions and many body injuries over the years from different things. They figure there is a tie in for Anxiety and other mind issues from stress, Concussions etc.
I was stubborn for many years and thought it was everyone else and not me, as i matured i realized i was wrong. I had an issue, then i worked to resolve it. I still have times few and far between where i need an extra bit of Gaba, but for the most part i am very well now.
Caused a lot of issues with scrapping, being a dick at times, and just overall self destruction.
Without physical destruction as in hurting myself intentionally, mostly with my mouth, and of course at times that escalates, but not too frequent as my reputation preceded me. Not proud, just saying.
I do not drink alcohol as that was a whole different level, i won't go into details but the cops were at my house or i was in overnight holding too many times. I was very in tune with the drunk tanks in Winnipeg, several of them....Clad those days are done and have been for quite awhile.

Try Gaba if this is an issue for you. Works amazing.

Please chime in if you are comfortable speaking of it. I just am sitting at home and felt like sharing this. I like CB as there is very little judgement of each other here. For the most part, we are all a collective bunch of weirdos that enjoy each others company....lol

Except @Wolfinator, still needs to find better amateur pussy, just went and looked and the quality is hit and miss...JK, JK.
I have social anxiety and a chronic anxiety disorder. Sometimes I overthink so much on insignificant things that I completely ruin my mood for days. I’ve heard about gaba before but that might be the push I needed to give it a go.
-
I’ve dropped the tren last week since I was getting way too anxious and it became hard to deal with my clients. It’s worse on steroids but I won’t stop taking them, I still think that someday I’ll find a way to cure this sh*t. I take low dose of gear and right now I’m on test and proviron only, I feel way better than with tren.
-
I’ve lost everything twice because of alcohol, so I think it’s better that I stay away from it.
-
your post was very nice to read as it’s rare to see people open up about this in the fitness community. Men must be big and strong can’t have anxiety cause men become girl if they do.
-
What would be the best protocol with GABA ? I’m gonna order it right now on Amazon.
-
I would share more about my personal story if I was more fluent in English.
-
anyway, it’s nice to know that I’m not alone dealing with these kind of things. I’ve identified myself a lot with the things you said.
Thank you

GABApentin?
its like a very mild sedative if taken in 2000 mgs + made me feel numb at regular - moderate doses. I use trazodone for sleep now. and my anxiety comes and goes, the more i mature the more its easier to handle.

I have social anxiety and a chronic anxiety disorder. Sometimes I overthink so much on insignificant things that I completely ruin my mood for days. I’ve heard about gaba before but that might be the push I needed to give it a go.
-
I’ve dropped the tren last week since I was getting way too anxious and it became hard to deal with my clients. It’s worse on steroids but I won’t stop taking them, I still think that someday I’ll find a way to cure this sh*t. I take low dose of gear and right now I’m on test and proviron only, I feel way better than with tren.
-
I’ve lost everything twice because of alcohol, so I think it’s better that I stay away from it.
-
your post was very nice to read as it’s rare to see people open up about this in the fitness community. Men must be big and strong can’t have anxiety cause men become girl if they do.
-
What would be the best protocol with GABA ? I’m gonna order it right now on Amazon.
-
I would share more about my personal story if I was more fluent in English.
-
anyway, it’s nice to know that I’m not alone dealing with these kind of things. I’ve identified myself a lot with the things you said.
Thank you
Hey John Snow, Thanks for sharing. IMHO, i have tried drugs from Pharma, spoke to experts on the matter. I tried and hated any pharma drugs introduced to me.

I run GABA @ 200-300 mg in the am, and 2-300 mg in late afternoon.
I have literally tried everything and this has been the best of all time.

In saying this, it works for me and works well, I am sure other types of anxiety need other routes taken.

I have had many a stressful day even since starting this thread and maintained composure and ability to deal with the issue and move on.
I get frequent times , or i should say have gotten items that pried on my mind for days on end and ruined my mood. One personal item can come up and ruin my day.
Not Now...Now, i think about it, make a plan, rationalize it, and move onwards.
No more days and days of hiding my true feelings and eating away at myself and beating myself up etc, or thinking of revenge or other negative items.
I did not feel comfortable sharing at first, then figured if some folks can find peace with this, then i will be a happy camper and share.

Magnesium and potassium supplements, GABA, good fats and keeping my hormones stable at what dose i run is key.
With no added hormones i am worse off than i am with adding in, BUT only the tried and true compounds. Zero tren allowed with me, Zero EQ etc, etc..
Thanks for sharing guys, we can learn from each other.

My kid has a Anxiety Panic disorder, it has been manageable for the last couple years, good days and bad days. But in the last couple weeks none of his "go to" techniques to control it have been helping, and it's getting worse daily. Only getting a couple hours of sleep each night, having to leave work, not wanting to see his gf or friends, really messing with his guts and stomach pains. Yesterday we got a product with Gaba and it's the first night he has slept through the night. Hoping this will continue to be something that helps him. Thanks for the tip IW.
Hey my friend....5-HTP along with GABA is awesome at night. 150-250 mg of 5 HTP and 2-300 mg of GABA will help your son. I wish him all the best and hope the best for the young fella.

Does he have stomach issues Slick Rick? This ties direct into the brain as well. I have not had gut issues luckily, but that may be a key.
Magnesium deficiency is very, very common along with Potassium deficiencies, and GI health issues. get good prebiotic and probiotic foods and supplements as well.
Springtime molds and dampness affect many with these issues brother. It makes me worse,

Does he have stomach issues Slick Rick? This ties direct into the brain as well. I have not had gut issues luckily, but that may be a key.
Magnesium deficiency is very, very common along with Potassium deficiencies, and GI health issues. get good prebiotic and probiotic foods and supplements as well.
Springtime molds and dampness affect many with these issues brother. It makes me worse,
Hey IW, yes he's having gut issues, I've been reading about the gut / brain connection. For his sleep he's taking something that has Gaba and 5-htp, it's called AOR Ortho sleep I think, along with Magnesium about a 1/2 hour before trying to sleep. Also just started a probiotic,Jamieson 10 million. He's started lifting and also doing cardio daily, cut off the weed and alcohol. He seems to be in a better place over the last few days. Yesterday he said he was feeling great, had a good day and then out of no where a panic attack and gut ache at 2 am. Sometimes seems like no rhyme or reason, he sees the doc next week, I am sure will do blood tests ect ect. Props for the thread and info, wasn't aware about damp weather having an effect either.

Nice post brother. I too have suffered from mental health issues for as long as I can remember and I think the number one reason one never gets over it is because they pretend its not there. They cover it up and in turn its a snowball effect over the years. Finally after 40 years I've let go of a lot of shit. What a relief.

I was finally able to overcome some things about who I am when I finally realized what caused me to be these ways in the first place. That is KEY. Trauma is real and you need to deal with it head on. That's what I've found for myself anyways.

Also, Tren, bad idea lol. I amplified all my issues 10x all the years I ran that shit.

Oh and if it makes you feel any better. At work I guarantee you aren't the issue. I too am in management in a mine and when you have to deal with the quality of people we have to on a daily basis its hard to keep it chill all the time lol. I found the less I care the easier it becomes. Do the best you can during your shift and whatever else happens it is what it is brother.