Anxiety....

ironwill

Trusted Member
Trusted Member
Anxiety can be very troublesome for some folks, either acutely or chronic. I have chronic anxiety. I manage it very well. Gym is number one for me. Otherwise, i can have someone disrespect me and think for days on every form of revenge one can imagine. I can run things through my mind for days. I do not get nervous about things like speaking in public. I can feel stress in spades and feel it deep in my gut. Etc, etc.
I can feel awkward if sitting in a group of colleagues, then start yapping. Then wonder for hours or more if i was weird, and run over and over what i said and how it was taken.
Now that may be anxiety, i was told it was by a psychologist and diagnosed. Not sure if it remains to be fact.
I function decently, but it does not matter if it is a CEO, or fellow executive director, or a sub ordinate report, or The pope. If i feel disrespected i fire..
Not fun...
Regardless, this was a big thing for myself for many years, and i hid it quite well, but suffered immensely inside. Like a deep never ending pain.

I discovered GABA awhile ago. I have been taking GABA for awhile now. I am a whole different person inside, and the person i am on the outside is the same, but not a fight to maintain. It is easy now, many things are water off a ducks back.

I am in a position where i have to deal with high stress situations and lots of arrogant people that are hard to deal with as i am an executive director for Many mines and i actually enjoy my job now. I don't wake up daily wondering if i will tell someone off, or just Quit my job and create hell on my way out. Or worse.

I know it sounds immature, but the struggle was very real.
My point is, if anyone struggles with anxiety, or chronic stress and having trouble dealing with it. I highly, highly recommend Gaba. Available at any health food store, it is derived from lactic acid. Maybe that is a tie in with the gym, If in the gym 5 times per week, i was also able to manage much better, but still not this good, not even close.
I have had several concussions and many body injuries over the years from different things. They figure there is a tie in for Anxiety and other mind issues from stress, Concussions etc.
I was stubborn for many years and thought it was everyone else and not me, as i matured i realized i was wrong. I had an issue, then i worked to resolve it. I still have times few and far between where i need an extra bit of Gaba, but for the most part i am very well now.
Caused a lot of issues with scrapping, being a dick at times, and just overall self destruction.
Without physical destruction as in hurting myself intentionally, mostly with my mouth, and of course at times that escalates, but not too frequent as my reputation preceded me. Not proud, just saying.
I do not drink alcohol as that was a whole different level, i won't go into details but the cops were at my house or i was in overnight holding too many times. I was very in tune with the drunk tanks in Winnipeg, several of them....Clad those days are done and have been for quite awhile.

Try Gaba if this is an issue for you. Works amazing.

Please chime in if you are comfortable speaking of it. I just am sitting at home and felt like sharing this. I like CB as there is very little judgement of each other here. For the most part, we are all a collective bunch of weirdos that enjoy each others company....lol

Except @Wolfinator, still needs to find better amateur pussy, just went and looked and the quality is hit and miss...JK, JK.

First two paragraphs were me.
Then one day I decided that I wasn’t going to get as worked up, plus stopped caring if others thought I was weird.
Took me along time to get to where I am now, which is no where near perfect. But I dont lay awake stressing over things anymore.
But man I was kinda messed up before.
It was a Facebook post by a friend that got me started, he posted something similar to what you have and talked about trying to change himself.

I’d bet type A personalities are very prone to what we are like.

Anxiety can be very troublesome for some folks, either acutely or chronic. I have chronic anxiety. I manage it very well. Gym is number one for me. Otherwise, i can have someone disrespect me and think for days on every form of revenge one can imagine. I can run things through my mind for days. I do not get nervous about things like speaking in public. I can feel stress in spades and feel it deep in my gut. Etc, etc.
I can feel awkward if sitting in a group of colleagues, then start yapping. Then wonder for hours or more if i was weird, and run over and over what i said and how it was taken.
Now that may be anxiety, i was told it was by a psychologist and diagnosed. Not sure if it remains to be fact.
I function decently, but it does not matter if it is a CEO, or fellow executive director, or a sub ordinate report, or The pope. If i feel disrespected i fire..
Not fun...
Regardless, this was a big thing for myself for many years, and i hid it quite well, but suffered immensely inside. Like a deep never ending pain.

I discovered GABA awhile ago. I have been taking GABA for awhile now. I am a whole different person inside, and the person i am on the outside is the same, but not a fight to maintain. It is easy now, many things are water off a ducks back.

I am in a position where i have to deal with high stress situations and lots of arrogant people that are hard to deal with as i am an executive director for Many mines and i actually enjoy my job now. I don't wake up daily wondering if i will tell someone off, or just Quit my job and create hell on my way out. Or worse.

I know it sounds immature, but the struggle was very real.
My point is, if anyone struggles with anxiety, or chronic stress and having trouble dealing with it. I highly, highly recommend Gaba. Available at any health food store, it is derived from lactic acid. Maybe that is a tie in with the gym, If in the gym 5 times per week, i was also able to manage much better, but still not this good, not even close.
I have had several concussions and many body injuries over the years from different things. They figure there is a tie in for Anxiety and other mind issues from stress, Concussions etc.
I was stubborn for many years and thought it was everyone else and not me, as i matured i realized i was wrong. I had an issue, then i worked to resolve it. I still have times few and far between where i need an extra bit of Gaba, but for the most part i am very well now.
Caused a lot of issues with scrapping, being a dick at times, and just overall self destruction.
Without physical destruction as in hurting myself intentionally, mostly with my mouth, and of course at times that escalates, but not too frequent as my reputation preceded me. Not proud, just saying.
I do not drink alcohol as that was a whole different level, i won't go into details but the cops were at my house or i was in overnight holding too many times. I was very in tune with the drunk tanks in Winnipeg, several of them....Clad those days are done and have been for quite awhile.

Try Gaba if this is an issue for you. Works amazing.

Please chime in if you are comfortable speaking of it. I just am sitting at home and felt like sharing this. I like CB as there is very little judgement of each other here. For the most part, we are all a collective bunch of weirdos that enjoy each others company....lol

Except @Wolfinator, still needs to find better amateur pussy, just went and looked and the quality is hit and miss...JK, JK.
Just trying to make sure there is something there for every taste!

Thank you for sharing.
We are all weirdos and that makes everyone unique in their own way here.

I have used GABA before sleep along time ago, it gave me a little tingly feeling at first but I had great sleep. If I recall it should help with GH release as well. Correct me if I’m wrong.

As for the other stuff, I hope you are never troubled with negative thoughts again. Going through that sort of thing will make for a challenging life. My big mouth has gotten me in trouble as well because I cannot take shit from someone and must act there and then. Or else, I will not be able to sleep. In fact, I have made sure to always settle shit before the opportunity is gone. You should also remember that people can’t stabd each other for some reason. It could be related to anything and everything. Just some defect people have and start hating others. I’ve been told I’m weird in a good way, but I do know that other who think very normal of themselves find me weird in all sorts of ways. Maybe that’s because I usually don’t give a shit about what people think and behave the way I feel. But any direct or indirect disrespect towards me, I snap ....period. I’m still working on it.

I'll have to give GABA a try. I also suffer from anxiety and anger management issues. I've seen many professionals over the years, but you're never "cured" you just learn better ways to control it, but it's always bubbling in the background. The GABA angle make sense though, because I can remember back before I sought help I was self-medicating with phenibut. It worked, but once you stopped the anxiety came rushing back twice as bad. Phenibut is addictive as hell, so I could only take it a couple times a week. So you'd be anxiety free and happy one day, then suffer for 2 or 3 days. Not worth it!

You know something. Our nose is just barely above our mouth. Real close.
If you do not brush your teeth for a couple of days , you do not notice this, everyone near you will notice it big time. That is kind of like us humans.
Some of us cannot see the issue with ourselves, and we are as close to the issue as one can get, but everyone close to us definitely can.
I finally realized I was not perfect and am having a much better time of it all.

I'll have to give GABA a try. I also suffer from anxiety and anger management issues. I've seen many professionals over the years, but you're never "cured" you just learn better ways to control it, but it's always bubbling in the background. The GABA angle make sense though, because I can remember back before I sought help I was self-medicating with phenibut. It worked, but once you stopped the anxiety came rushing back twice as bad. Phenibut is addictive as hell, so I could only take it a couple times a week. So you'd be anxiety free and happy one day, then suffer for 2 or 3 days. Not worth it!
GABA works on the same receptors as Ativan, but no addiction at all. Very similar results. Keep pushing yourself, it will come brother.

Thank you for sharing.

I have used GABA before sleep along time ago, it gave me a little tingly feeling at first but I had great sleep. If I recall it should help with GH release as well. Correct me if I’m wrong.

As for the other stuff, I hope you are never troubled with negative thoughts again. Going through that sort of thing will make for a challenging life. My big mouth has gotten me in trouble as well because I cannot take shit from someone and must act there and then. Or else, I will not be able to sleep. In fact, I have made sure to always settle shit before the opportunity is gone. You should also remember that people can’t stabd each other for some reason. It could be related to anything and everything. Just some defect people have and start hating others. I’ve been told I’m weird in a good way, but I do know that other who think very normal of themselves find me weird in all sorts of ways. Maybe that’s because I usually don’t give a shit about what people think and behave the way I feel. But any direct or indirect disrespect towards me, I snap ....period. I’m still working on it.
Yes it does pulse Gh. You need quite high doses to get that effect, it is harmless supplement and you can take a lot, with no ill effects. It will promote sudden sleep at the dose for gh release, so only use before bed. Or it may be embarrassing. Lol

I feel you on everything you said.

What dosage dosage do you run???
I take 200 mg at about 8 am and 200 mg about 8 pm. If an extra stressful day I add in more as required.
No sleepiness, just relief and very good clarity and focus.
I can’t use tren because of my anxiety. Part of me wants to try and use GABA a bit higher dose. Maybe down the road.

First two paragraphs were me.
Then one day I decided that I wasn’t going to get as worked up, plus stopped caring if others thought I was weird.
Took me along time to get to where I am now, which is no where near perfect. But I dont lay awake stressing over things anymore.
But man I was kinda messed up before.
It was a Facebook post by a friend that got me started, he posted something similar to what you have and talked about trying to change himself.

I’d bet type A personalities are very prone to what we are like.
Yes my friend . I hear you, I wish I could not care, that’s my problem. When not using GABA, I think I am a pretty strong case of anxiety. I literally tried everything except prescription I was prescribed as I didn’t like the feelings and loss of concentration and clarity.
Now I think about it, poof I can let it go, consistently. I can even think about an asshole later on and drop it again. I used to fear thinking about someone that was ignorant as I would think of everything one can imagine for what I wanted to do to make them feel like me at that moment.

I am so happy to have that alleviation.

Great share and info!

I agree and can relate to alot of what you said about anxiety and stress. It can wreak absolute havoc on your whole life, it has for me even with medications. I have to admit I need to work on my coping skills thats for sure.

Ive never tried GABA, but after reading this I think i am definitely going to give it a try. Thanks!
Give it a whirl man. Honestly,,, game changer .
I’ve got a few friends to try it and they thank me frequently.

I forgot to mention one thing. Hardly no one at all knew I was going through this. I worked hard, consistently, three trades tickets and a professional in two fields. Then something would happen and I’d leave my job and some destructive actions in my wake. I was lucky I had these skills as I’ve not applied for a job in a real long time, headhunters kept me in employment.
I’m an energetic fun guy most times.
My brother and a few close friends would always say , when he stops talking and gets quiet, just stop whatever you are doing.
Again not proud.
I am proud now big time, that’s why I’m sharing. I would like anyone going through this to know there is hope , maybe GABA, maybe something else. Keep searching. It’s been quite awhile of goodness now.

I have some very problematic anxiety issues. I can be myself and completely fine and everyone is happy and then something triggers it. I start "spinning" and then wreak havoc all around me at times.

For me, it starts getting worse with no sleep, turns into anxiety which causes less sleep (or insomnia) sometimes and then if it continues I slide into depression. Luckily, I usually get out of it by then.

I went to my first counselling session since I was starting to suspect I may have even have had PTSD but it seems it may be only anxiety thankfully. I learned to understand it and how to break the vicious cycle. It often starts with uncertainty and then turns into worry which then physically manifests itself into anxiety which your body then responds to and amplifies everything as you continue to go through the loop over and over.

I need to practice cutting it off when it starts more though. When it happens your mind thinks it's a real thing and you want to continue even though it's probably just something that's being blown way out of proportion most of the time.

I also heard Ashwagandha is good at making issues seems like water off a ducks back as you mentioned earlier but haven't tried that either.

I will put GABA in my Amazon cart and try it this week.

Thank you & take care everyone,

OD

I have some very problematic anxiety issues. I can be myself and completely fine and everyone is happy and then something triggers it. I start "spinning" and then wreak havoc all around me at times.

For me, it starts getting worse with no sleep, turns into anxiety which causes less sleep (or insomnia) sometimes and then if it continues I slide into depression. Luckily, I usually get out of it by then.

I went to my first counselling session since I was starting to suspect I may have even have had PTSD but it seems it may be only anxiety thankfully. I learned to understand it and how to break the vicious cycle. It often starts with uncertainty and then turns into worry which then physically manifests itself into anxiety which your body then responds to and amplifies everything as you continue to go through the loop over and over.

I need to practice cutting it off when it starts more though. When it happens your mind thinks it's a real thing and you want to continue even though it's probably just something that's being blown way out of proportion most of the time.

I also heard Ashwagandha is good at making issues seems like water off a ducks back as you mentioned earlier but haven't tried that either.

OD
I used to do the same. I would focus on the bad situation and it would compound. Then I’d lose it.
Now when I catch myself I calm myself down but I still feel off for a couple hours after.

I am so much better now, but this is 6-7 years of learning to let the little things go.

Thank you for sharing.

I’ve met a lot of guys off the board.
Yes we are a bunch of weirdos, lol.
But at least we are weirdos together, lol.

Actually if I think about it, are we the weirdos, or are we normal and everyone else is weird?

Lol

@ironwill My better half got diagnosed with anxiety over a year ago.. She went on the anti anxiety meds and got off within 8 months and did great, then it started coming back..

Now she takes
-Ashwagandha
-R ALA
-5HTP

She manages her anxiety better with those then with the meds she was given. I think the meds did a better job of lowering her anxiety, but the side effects were MUCH more severe with the meds. Meds made her lathargic, couldn't orgasm, weight gain etc.. the weight gain wasn't bad, but looking in the mirror made her feel worse.

She did try GABA, but it didn't work as good as those 3 I mentioned and she no longer tskes GABA

Either way, I look into those 3 for anyone with anxiety.. She hasn't worked out or exercised in over 10 years, but in the last month she's on her own free will using the treadmill 3x a week she bought 10 years ago and never used. Her energy is higher now than ever.. Watching her energy levels is one way I can tell how her anxiety is doing without even asking her. I learned cues to monitor her anxiety without asking because a) she will lie about it lol b) she actually isn't able to see she has anxiety sometimes

oh and she started magnesium. I think that helps a bit too

@ironwill My better half got diagnosed with anxiety over a year ago.. She went on the anti anxiety meds and got off within 8 months and did great, then it started coming back..

Now she takes
-Ashwagandha
-R ALA
-5HTP

She manages her anxiety better with those then with the meds she was given. I think the meds did a better job of lowering her anxiety, but the side effects were MUCH more severe with the meds. Meds made her lathargic, couldn't orgasm, weight gain etc.. the weight gain wasn't bad, but looking in the mirror made her feel worse.

She did try GABA, but it didn't work as good as those 3 I mentioned and she no longer tskes GABA

Either way, I look into those 3 for anyone with anxiety.. She hasn't worked out or exercised in over 10 years, but in the last month she's on her own free will using the treadmill 3x a week she bought 10 years ago and never used. Her energy is higher now than ever.. Watching her energy levels is one way I can tell how her anxiety is doing without even asking her. I learned cues to monitor her anxiety without asking because a) she will lie about it lol b) she actually isn't able to see she has anxiety sometimes

oh and she started magnesium. I think that helps a bit too
Ashwaganda is in my arsenal as well and acetyl l-carnitine. 5 htp low dose before bed is ok. It makes me groggy. GABA is the one that makes the biggest difference by far.

OD
Similar to myself. When it happens, it is tough to contend with. Ashwaganda helps, but it takes awhile to work. Gaba is good for the acute attacks, and helps alleviate them. Animal inside also has good info above. All work well and keep me going in a positive direction. It has been a long while since ive had a full on issue where i could not control it.