All four former officers involved in George Floyd's killing now face charges

LePsyber

How's about we go corn hole us a drunk?
Trusted Member
Sad, just sad that it seemingly takes cities to burn before the obvious happens.

I said it before. If you sit there and let your fellow officer employ illegal methods to arrest someone, you're criminal responsible for not doing anything about it. A couple words..."Yo...Derek...maybe don't choke the older black man to death who's not fighting you in any way."

Cops aren't immune to the laws they enforce. Maybe this will open some fucking eyes.

All cops envolved should definitely be charged. But the devestaion from all this is going to hurt more. the police will need police of there own to protect them,more and more people are going to turn on police and there will be more and more violence,
Seeing the police fire rubber bullets on innocent people and news reporters was enough for me i coukdnt watch anymore. I try and stay out of politics beong away from home so long scares me ,what if i cant make it back home in time. Just like this covid Deal . Iv been out west 16 years and i possibly am quiting my job to stay back home on the east lifes to short im going to be a broke bum i guess.

All cops envolved should definitely be charged. But the devestaion from all this is going to hurt more. the police will need police of there own to protect them,more and more people are going to turn on police and there will be more and more violence,
Seeing the police fire rubber bullets on innocent people and news reporters was enough for me i coukdnt watch anymore. I try and stay out of politics beong away from home so long scares me ,what if i cant make it back home in time. Just like this covid Deal . Iv been out west 16 years and i possibly am quiting my job to stay back home on the east lifes to short im going to be a broke bum i guess.

This is just like all the rest. There is the leading edge of the protests with the rioters. Not many of them but enough to cause a lot of damage. Behind ten or twenty thousand abusers are hundreds of thousands of peaceful protestors.

The BEST video I saw yesterday was Jon Jones taking a can of spray paint of someone. Talk about fighting the WRONG dude.

"Gimmie the paint."
"Wuhh? I'm not doing nothing!"
"Gimmie the paint."

Never seen it ill look it up,just seen soem pics from some idaho townies all loaded up with guns protecting there town ,its awsome. Peaceful there the way it should be

Never seen it ill look it up,just seen soem pics from some idaho townies all loaded up with guns protecting there town ,its awsome. Peaceful there the way it should be

It's why I wonder why places don't hire themselves some hunters. Put a couple guys with AR-15s or Lapua .338 rifles inside the front door of your store. Someone trying to loot your place? WHAT person trying to loot your place.

1591249974248.png

What a wonderful graphic to commemorate his life.

Not everything in this debacle are negative. It's terrible that had to be painted but perhaps that right there is the face of change.

Sad, just sad that it seemingly takes cities to burn before the obvious happens.

I said it before. If you sit there and let your fellow officer employ illegal methods to arrest someone, you're criminal responsible for not doing anything about it. A couple words..."Yo...Derek...maybe don't choke the older black man to death who's not fighting you in any way."

Cops aren't immune to the laws they enforce. Maybe this will open some fucking eyes.

Lol..... why not employ some of that cop logic to the nonsense you are spewing?

Again.... if you were in fact a cop you should realize why your comments are ridiculous.

The charges aren’t occurring now because cities are burning.

It’s because the investigation has to be completed. It’s because the facts have to substantiate the charges and reflect them properly.

When is it ever a good idea to lay charges too fast? If the investigation is rushed (for whatever purpose) mistakes are made and corners get cut.

Maybe the laying of charges helps to calm the outrage initially? But what happens when a case is lost on bullshit technicalities? Or with the wrong charges laid and the subsequent burden can’t be proven?

What then?

Let’s not forget that this is a situation where one agency is investigating another. Processes have to be followed in any case, but especially there. Not to mention the pressures to get things right because the fallout from getting it wrong will be far far worse than people being upset that they think things should happen faster.

You should have this figured out if you are who you claim you are.

You want a narrative to raise speculation and outrage that no one is talking about?

What do you think jury selection is going to look like? And as a result of this being so publicized and with so many emotionally charged and calling for the perpetrator’s heads without due process.... how many black people or people that will see the police from a potentially negative light or being heaven handed in some sense will actually make it through selection?

So then, from a conspiracy theory side of things? Who may be fuelling all the coverage and the activism?

But no one is talking about that are they?

Rushed investigations are rarely fruitful and those whom are involved can’t afford to make mistakes. And that’s not to say.... hey it’s ok take your sweet ass time. No there needs to be pressure but it can’t be rushed.

Again..... all points you should clearly understand if you were actually involved in law enforcement for a significant portion of your life.

Again.... if you were in fact a cop you should realize why your comments are ridiculous.

It’s because the investigation has to be completed. It’s because the facts have to substantiate the charges and reflect them properly.

When is it ever a good idea to lay charges too fast? If the investigation is rushed (for whatever purpose) mistakes are made and corners get cut.

Maybe the laying of charges helps to calm the outrage initially? But what happens when a case is lost on bullshit technicalities? Or with the wrong charges laid and the subsequent burden can’t be proven?

What then?

Let’s not forget that this is a situation where one agency is investigating another. Processes have to be followed in any case, but especially there. Not to mention the pressures to get things right because the fallout from getting it wrong will be far far worse than people being upset that they think things should happen faster.

You want a narrative to raise speculation and outrage that no one is talking about?

What do you think jury selection is going to look like? And as a result of this being so publicized and with so many emotionally charged and calling for the perpetrator’s heads without due process.... how many black people or people that will see the police from a potentially negative light or being heaven handed in some sense will actually make it through selection?

So then, from a conspiracy theory side of things? Who may be fuelling all the coverage and the activism?

But no one is talking about that are they?

Rushed investigations are rarely fruitful and those whom are involved can’t afford to make mistakes. And that’s not to say.... hey it’s ok take your sweet ass time. No there needs to be pressure but it can’t be rushed.

Again..... all points you should clearly understand if you were actually involved in law enforcement for a significant portion of your life.
I agree with what your saying on rushed judgments and you definitely want this to stick and not get thrown out.
On a side note off topic that guy that killed those cops in fredericton north side and that couple last year, has gone on sooooooo long its ridiculous like charge him already canadian justice system is definitely done very poorly. As far as the states ,man thats just a toughy the citizens want blood and there getting it from anywhere they can get it.

I definitely feel like its the right call, but to say it was a slow decision, not sure. They want to make sure they have solid ground to make the arrest so that it's concrete and loose ends cant be used against the prosecutors. To my understanding, all 4 arrests were relatively fast compared to other cases.

I know all these people think that they are winning when after a few night of straight up criminal violence, they assume that is what upped the charges to second degree and charged the other cops, but they may be disappointed during the trial.
Now the prosecution must prove without reasonable doubt that that officer had intent to commit murder. He was out of line the way he was restraining the guy, but its not like he had him in a full choke hold to try and end his life. Cop was an idiot, but will likely be found not guilty of second degree murder. Involuntary manslaughter would be a home run.
Now it will look as though cop got away with murder, and then what?
A second wave of riots. And they know that. Maybe thats what that Dem controlled state wants?
Only thing that could bring justice is the DOJ bringing charges for human rights violations.

What then?

Y
You think that what's going on in the United States is logical? Yes? You're an idiot. No? Then you might know a little bit. I'm speaking about the looters, NOT the police or the police investigation of their own that is ONLY being done because they got caught again. I am NOT applying anything from Canada, I'm applying what I see. I see a fucking powder keg that's going to detonate. There's no logic there.

You know what? Lots of people respect you on this site for your patient and thoughtful comments. I tend to agree with them. In this situation, you're wrong. In fact I look a little closer and you sound like someone who's an academic who really doesn't know about more than what happens in a civilized world. You obviously don't understand the emotion of the situation which is what I'm speaking about.

My comments are not about a civilized world. They're about what looks to be damn near a revolution of sorts. In fact, if another of these happens and the people have to watch another black man die needlessly, you're going to see more than what burned this time, burn to the ground. People are going to start hunting cops. More scary is there are just as many white people looting as there are black. It's not JUST about stealing either. They're PISSED. Do you think a police investigation has anything to do with 10's of thousands of people who are PISSED? Whatever, go back to your books.

I'm talking about American policing and the American WAY. If you think that an investigation and court proceedings are what millions of people are ONLY looking for, then you're a fool. This is about yet more police corruption.

Lastly, don't call me out. I have no benefit from telling people who I am. I don't question that you're not a nerd sitting behind a computer sitting there blowing smoke out of everyone's ass with your understanding of Canadian academia. You most definitely do not understand American policing and you sure as fuck don't understand the minds of people who are protesting in the United States right now or you wouldn't be sitting here thinking the police are in as much control as you think they are.

Do you think the National Guard are going to open fire on people if they decide they want to burn more and more things down? If the numbers of people increase. If the numbers of looters increase? Do you think that what is going on inside the United States is civilized right now? If you do, you're just another fool academic who uses too many words to speak.

Do not, do NOT think you know me. I comment based on what I see not based on my experiences inside my job in Canada. I'm not exactly happy with how I was treated with my career however I understand the process of policing. This isn't about a police investigation as much as it's about the system there failing yet again.

View attachment 4979

What a wonderful graphic to commemorate his life.

Not everything in this debacle are negative. It's terrible that had to be painted but perhaps that right there is the face of change.

Why the fuck does this scumbag fucking criminal deserve to be martyred like this? Why would anyone want to commemorate his life? I support equality 100% and I understand the desire and place for symbolism but this is misplaced. How's that for negative?

Why the fuck does this scumbag fucking criminal deserve to be martyred like this? Why would anyone want to commemorate his life? I support equality 100% and I understand the desire and place for symbolism but this is misplaced. How's that for negative?
You shocked me with that one, you swore and everything, I giggled, i agree 👍

Yea I had no idea guy was a piece of human shit, because of fucking course the msm wont ever tell you that! Do you think as many people would care if they heard this information? Took me a while to find out what his past was like.

HOWEVER I will say he didnt deserve to be killed like that, but he shouldnt be remembered any more than the next person. Bury him and move on. People are so gullible.

edit: oh hey this was posted in general chat..hmm better tread carefuly, but I agree wholeheartedly with gondar

So a lifelong scumbag deserves to be choked to death?

Right, and people wonder why I'm talking about this so negatively and without legalese. This isn't about the law or people like you would find him guilty just based on his life. This is right or wrong and it's wrong to take another person's life.

he never said that, try again.

He's wondering why "the scumbag deserved to be martyred".

Sorry, but it doesn't matter who the man was or what he did or didn't do. He's a corpse now and he shouldn't be. Sorry but not all people murdered can't be Nobel Peace Prize winners who had 4.0 GPA's at Harvard before they saved a herd of lemmings from certain death from a steam roller by throwing themselves in front of it.

The point? It doesn't make a difference. He's a man and he was murdered. He wasn't fighting, he was begging for his life for the better part of ten minutes. It's despicable and should make you sick to your stomach. Instead, you're now lessening the value of his life because he was a criminal.

I KNEW this would come out. I knew some of you would shade a dead man worse. We already knew he was trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill so honestly I'm surprised why anyone is surprised.

So a lifelong scumbag deserves to be choked to death?

Right, and people wonder why I'm talking about this so negatively and without legalese. This isn't about the law or people like you would find him guilty just based on his life. This is right or wrong and it's wrong to take another person's life.

I never said any such thing, why don't you try sticking to the program?. And don't tell me what I would do.