Working in Camp - What to do about diet

I’m late to party sorry lol
insta pot pressure cooker there about $150 they will cook rice & full meals.
It’s not 5 star but chicken stew & rice is always good
It has an 8 quart pot inside

Walmart has counter top miniature bar fridges there tiny but big enough to hold a couple days of Tupperware meals

Reminds me of being in university, in a single dorm room and a meal plan..

At the meal hall
-eat lots of cottsge cheese
-get burgers (chicken or beef), eat me.. toss rest.
-boiled eggs
-lunch meat (lots of sodium, but helped with variety
-they often had tuna at the sandwhich bar to make your own sandwhich.. I'd grab some tuna in a bowl.
-thye had omlette bars, Id hit those up whenever they had.
-egg salad from sandwjhch bar

*I woudl occsionally sneak in some tupperware and load up with the stuff mentioned above for my room.

My room was terrible.. you were not allowed hotplates, foreman grills, microwaves.. but you could have a fridge. I ran a foreman grill anyways.. I opened the window to use it. I'd cook a pile of chicken breasts.

I used lots of protien powder, cottage cheese, tuna straight from can, some nuts..

It plain sucked to be honest.. And the meal hall food was trash quality.. like dog food.

If I was in camp now, I would bring lots of jerky, smookies.. I'd bring some stuff in tupperware if you have a fridge.. If not I'd investin a small yetti cooler if your allowed,

I have a plug in cooler that goes into a cigarette lighter. Then bought an adapter to plug into the wall. Or just leave it in your window sill with the window open. Or you can grab ice and leave it in your sink. Carbs are easy. Most camps have rice or oatmeal and lots of bread..lol. potatoes as well. protein is normally garbage. I get as many steaks as possible on steak night. Chicken is normally the frozen salt brine rubber ones. I normally eat lots of eggs, yogurt. You have to be creative. Grab 5 sandwichs and take the roast beef off them and toss the white bread.. etc. I eat as much fruit and veggies because its free. Bring your own tuna and rice as last resort.

Super late to this thread but if you are still struggling Ive seen a lot of camps will bake plain chicken breast, no oil or anything, for the people who ask for it. Most of the bigger camps Ive seen cater to the bodybuilders as there are usually more than one. Hope you are still enjoying the job