What's your testosterone levels on HRT and your dose

She is a good dr. She did test my hormones religiously for almost a decade. We have now reached a level of trust.

Back when she tested my free test it was typically 550ish. It would hang around 750 if i took dhea. I posted this before, i dropped the dhea as my E2 would go low, free test higher and i would feel meh.

How low was your E2 when you felt bad from it?

I'm on 100mg dhea a day prescription for the last couple years. My dhea levels were 9.5 this go around for bloods. My E2 was 66.

How low was your E2 when you felt bad from it?

I'm on 100mg dhea a day prescription for the last couple years. My dhea levels were 9.5 this go around for bloods. My E2 was 66.
Without Dhea my e2 levels historically were around 95 pmol. On 25mg dhea my E2 levels would drop to 55.

55pmol e2 and 750 pmol free test i felt like crap. I feel way better on 70mg every 5 days (so essentially 100mg per week) and not measuring T or E. I’m sure my free t is back down around 550-ish but from a composition or strengthen the gym, I don’t know if any difference. Plus estogen up in the normal range is more heart protective.

After Christmas I’ll likely push my test up a tad to 85 or 90 every 5 days but no ai, dim or dhea. Unless your gyno sensitive or BP goes up i nolonger believe on trying to manipulate the natural T/E ratio your body tries to establish

Last edited:
Without Dhea my e2 levels historically were around 95 pmol. On 25mg dhea my E2 levels would drop to 55.

55pmol e2 and 750 pmol free test i felt like crap. I feel way better on 70mg every 5 days (so essentially 100mg per week) and not measuring T or E. I’m sure my free t is back down around 550-ish but from a composition or strengthen the gym, I don’t know if any difference. Plus estogen up in the normal range is more heart protective.

After Christmas I’ll likely push my test up a tad to 85 or 90 every 5 days but no ai, dim or dhea. Unless your gyno sensitive or BP goes up i nolonger believe on trying to manipulate the natural T/E ratio your body tries to establish

The private hormone clinic I'm with tried to get me to take 1mg arimedex a week when my estrogen was about 90-100. I told them they were crazy and I would feel like shit. They disagreed and insisted etc.. So I agreed to try it, ya it tanked me and I felt it. They thought my feelings weren't reall and insisted all their patients had less then 40 estorgen levels.. I'm now on 0.75mg adimedex once a week. To be honest its probably closer to 0.-0.75 because I'm splitting that tiny tab... and I divide my test over 3 shots a week. So that tab gets split lota and I tend to take less adex when I'm trying to sort out those little peices.

I told the dr that I feel 100x better when I divide my test over 3 shots a week.. Again, they wanted once a week. I said tha'ts crazy because I'll have more estorgen conversaion and I know when I did it this way I felt like trud at specifc points in the week. They disagreed.. But I told them I wasn't going to cahnge..

For them the gold standard is 100mg once a week with 1mg aridemex with your shot.

Can any give a good explanation to show the difference and how it relates to us when compared free testosterone to total testoserone to SHBG?

Simplest answer is free test is what’s unbound, total test includes free test plus bound test. SHGB is the protein that binds to androgens and estrogen.

When I work with a private lab, I only ask for free and total testosterone as then you can figure out your SHG B without having to pay for the extra test.

That seems like a lot of arimidex but estrogen can vary from person to person, I'm on 180 mg test and quit arimidex all together at this point.
And I always thought d.h.e.a. raised estrogen maybe that can vary as well,
and one can figure out s.h.g.b. based off test levels I did not know that!

Blood work and optimizing everything is way beyond me man I feel like I'm never bang on or if I am it's shortlived and then tired or weak or just not 100% on. That's life I guess.

on my trt script its 80mg/week but since twice a week seems the sweet spot I started that way but then Im not sure when to get blood drawn for accurate results..

When injection once a week you get blood drawn just before you do the next injection but what about twice a week ? Same thing ?
Draw timing should not matter with twice weekly injections, blood levels will be more stable with fewer highs and lows.

You could try to time it perfectly, but it’s not really going to change the number if you are consistent in your dosing and administration.

I agree that with 2x weekly it's pretty stable. My doctor says if it's done once a week he wants to see 4 days after injection so he can see peak levels, I'll see around 22nmol this way at the peak and I have no idea what the trough is, if I do 2x weekly and go 4 days after it's like 13-16nmol, I'll usually inject after bloodwork at lunch.

The private hormone clinic I'm with tried to get me to take 1mg arimedex a week when my estrogen was about 90-100. I told them they were crazy and I would feel like shit. They disagreed and insisted etc.. So I agreed to try it, ya it tanked me and I felt it. They thought my feelings weren't reall and insisted all their patients had less then 40 estorgen levels.. I'm now on 0.75mg adimedex once a week. To be honest its probably closer to 0.-0.75 because I'm splitting that tiny tab... and I divide my test over 3 shots a week. So that tab gets split lota and I tend to take less adex when I'm trying to sort out those little peices.

I told the dr that I feel 100x better when I divide my test over 3 shots a week.. Again, they wanted once a week. I said tha'ts crazy because I'll have more estorgen conversaion and I know when I did it this way I felt like trud at specifc points in the week. They disagreed.. But I told them I wasn't going to cahnge..

For them the gold standard is 100mg once a week with 1mg aridemex with your shot.

Can any give a good explanation to show the difference and how it relates to us when compared free testosterone to total testoserone to SHBG?
Hmmm,,, is your private clinic called Science and Humans by chance:unsure:?

Numerous years ago 125 mg of test had me upper middle of the range when I drew bloods the day before injection. I was injecting 2 times a week.
23 I believe.

I'd love to have a dr that is good to go by feel.

All my other blood work is amazing, but my script has been 100mg a week for years. Usually free test is around 650/700.. Now its 575.

To be perfectly honest, I usually use 125-150mg a week divided into 3 shots. So 40-50mg 3x a week. I feel so much better (not cranky, not tired, boner works etc).

How many days after your injection until you did blood work?
My injections are Monday AM Thursday PM blood work is usually done on Thursday mornings but last time it was Wednesday afternoon due to me having to leave for work