What crypto do you like

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
Getting my feet wet in crypto. Currently only holding bitcoin and doing lots of research. What coins do you think have a good future. You dont have to explain why, I need to do my own research. Im looking for long term stuff.

Getting my feet wet in crypto. Currently only holding bitcoin and doing lots of research. What coins do you think have a good future. You dont have to explain why, I need to do my own research. Im looking for long term stuff.

Just getting into crypto myself. I'm mostly holding cardano, I think it is a solid project with good long term prospects. I also got a bunch of AMP as more of a gamble, cuz if it goes up for any reason it'll be life-changing (it's cheap enough to buy in the 10s of thousands right now).

I'm trying not to look at my portfolio much, this week has been too much of a roller coaster and I don't know if fin will be enough to protect my hair with that kind of stress lol

Cardano has been good to me, steadily rising this month. When BTC dips it holds pretty strong - cracking $1.00 was big, holding at $1 is even bigger. It's my long play coin and won't sell it for a long time. The alt market is down right now because of the drop, but some coin are doing well - everything else is on sale. LOL I hold a few other alt coins but the one that excites me the most is from Ecomi - $OMI.

Right now it's the coin behind the VeVE app - think 3D collectables in augmented reality. People have always loved to collect things - but the key to collecting is the licenses and VeVe has them - DC (their batman and harley quinn sold like crazy, TNMT, Ghostbusters, NFL (huge), and now GM is on board so soon you'll be able to collect their cars AND their concept cars. Their head of international licensing is the one who introduced the world, outside of Japan, to Pokemon. Check out twitter - you'll see lots of videos of people showing off their collections (this will be big on social media) - you can collect and then drive the delorian from back to the future.

That's my 2 cents, I do have a decent number of OMI in my portfolio and it's tripled in price already. It's still very early. Do your research. Look at the team. Look at the tokenomics. Look at the use cases then decide if it's a good coin for you.

I just trying to get my feet wet also ..
Cardano looks very promising fro why I read.
Also might do get some doge coin as well .

Cardano has been good to me, steadily rising this month. When BTC dips it holds pretty strong - cracking $1.00 was big, holding at $1 is even bigger. It's my long play coin and won't sell it for a long time. The alt market is down right now because of the drop, but some coin are doing well - everything else is on sale. LOL I hold a few other alt coins but the one that excites me the most is from Ecomi - $OMI.

Right now it's the coin behind the VeVE app - think 3D collectables in augmented reality. People have always loved to collect things - but the key to collecting is the licenses and VeVe has them - DC (their batman and harley quinn sold like crazy, TNMT, Ghostbusters, NFL (huge), and now GM is on board so soon you'll be able to collect their cars AND their concept cars. Their head of international licensing is the one who introduced the world, outside of Japan, to Pokemon. Check out twitter - you'll see lots of videos of people showing off their collections (this will be big on social media) - you can collect and then drive the delorian from back to the future.

That's my 2 cents, I do have a decent number of OMI in my portfolio and it's tripled in price already. It's still very early. Do your research. Look at the team. Look at the tokenomics. Look at the use cases then decide if it's a good coin for you.

I was looking at OMI last week, it's an interesting project. Isn't the supply 750B though? I guess as long as you're buying at sub 1c there's still good potential.

What exchange is it on? BitForex?

Last edited:
Doge is junk imo. Its only booming because of elon and wallstreet bets. If you bought in low enough theres definitely money there, but I dont see long term. Im all in on monero and bitcoin. Im gonna look into cardano as well.

Doge is junk imo. Its only booming because of elon and wallstreet bets. If you bought in low enough theres definitely money there, but I dont see long term. Im all in on monero and bitcoin. Im gonna look into cardano as well.

Monero is a good choice as well 👍.

For people just getting into this, follow his example and avoid the temptation to over-diversify. When I first started I ran around like a spaz and had 8+ coins in a sub-$1k portfolio. 🤦‍♂️ I've since consolidated into 3 projects I believe in (and even that is probably too diversified for the amount I've invested).

I was looking at OMI last week, it's an interesting project. Isn't the supply 750B though? I guess as long as you're buying at sub 1c there's still good potential.

So that was one of my first questions when I looked at the coin. Doesn't make sense right? So once I dug into it I came up with a very simplified version of what's happening:

40% of that 750bn is reserved in app which is 300bn. When a collectable is purchased the equivalent amount of OMI is burned. 10% of that is used to buy back tokens off exchanges to keep the liquidity of the reserve wallet. Buy backs also happens with transactions on the secondary market (people selling their collectables to other people). Overall this means it's deflationary. Of the 450bn not in reserve 20% is locked for board advisors - 12 months, and 20% for founders which are released over the course of 3 years. 20% is also locked for long term development. So from what I read about 150bn is in full circulation - which will decrease as buy backs happen.

If you do a search on ecomi tokenomics you'll find a full breakdown - and it'll probably be better explained than what I just spit out LOL

Yes on Bitforex for now. Soon uniswap then another exchange (don't know which one though). I bought on Bitforex then moved to trust wallet.

Bitcoin will always be king, but I also have a little bit of XRP. I find cryptos success to be heavily influenced by social media, and XRP is a coin that was at almost 3 bucks not too long ago. It has since fallen to like 50 cents a coin. Bitcoin took a huge tank like a year or two and and has rebounded massively since then, I dont see why XRP couldnt do the same with the online popularity that it has.

Even if it doesnt skyrocket and hit 100 bucks (which many believe isnt outside the realm of possibility) it has already shown us its capable of hitting $3 as it has been there before, and if it does that you will still get like 6 times your money. Its not a coin that I would rely on, but if your looking to diversify a bit and want to put a bit of cash into a coin with some potential while its still early, and your able to sit on it for a long time if needed, I think XRP could have some serious potential.

XRP could go back up but I would wait until the SEC case is finished.....one founder sold all his shares and the other 25%

XRP could go to zero or bounce back only time will tell

So that was one of my first questions when I looked at the coin. Doesn't make sense right? So once I dug into it I came up with a very simplified version of what's happening:

40% of that 750bn is reserved in app which is 300bn. When a collectable is purchased the equivalent amount of OMI is burned. 10% of that is used to buy back tokens off exchanges to keep the liquidity of the reserve wallet. Buy backs also happens with transactions on the secondary market (people selling their collectables to other people). Overall this means it's deflationary. Of the 450bn not in reserve 20% is locked for board advisors - 12 months, and 20% for founders which are released over the course of 3 years. 20% is also locked for long term development. So from what I read about 150bn is in full circulation - which will decrease as buy backs happen.

If you do a search on ecomi tokenomics you'll find a full breakdown - and it'll probably be better explained than what I just spit out LOL

Thanks for the detailed write up! I looked into it a bunch more yesterday and decided to grab a small bag of OMI. 👍 The bitforex Android app is a complete disaster though lol. I ended up using their web site instead.

this is just my opinion but bitcoin is valuable because it was there first and was a solid tech. what sealed it was the ability to buy contraband. critics of crypto always fail to recognize this important point. i believe there will be no real crypto of any real value unless it can improve any of these 3 points. eth improves on the tech. thats the only other one. i think the others are just tulip mania. not saying there isnt money to be made trading them, just its speculation and they are intrinsically worthless.

this is just my opinion but bitcoin is valuable because it was there first and was a solid tech. what sealed it was the ability to buy contraband. critics of crypto always fail to recognize this important point. i believe there will be no real crypto of any real value unless it can improve any of these 3 points. eth improves on the tech. thats the only other one. i think the others are just tulip mania. not saying there isnt money to be made trading them, just its speculation and they are intrinsically worthless.

The legitimate projects have the potential to revolutionize business (Smart contracts) and finance (ie. cardano bringing financial services to poor areas of Africa).

Trouble is, you need to sort out the few real projects from the 100s of PnD scam coins. You know some group recently released a coin called "Tulip"... and people are buying it! It's obviously a social commentary on the crypto market lol.

Edit: look at their project on git. "Tulipmania has landed" indeed 🤦‍♂️