Were the Flames robbed?

TinyTim79

Trusted Member
Ok I'm a die hard Flames fan..
I watched every game of their post season. I truly beilive the Oilers would have beat them in game 6 or 7....
ButbI think the refs purposely gave that Colman disallowed goal to McDavid. So he could continue in the playoffs. .
What are your opinions?
I think it was the worst call in playoff memory... again I am biased as a true Flames fan.

That makes no sense, if it was gonna be rigged they would make it go 7 games. Alberta lost out on millions because flames didn't show up for that series and cut it short. 2x 100 point players on the flames and I dont even remember hearing their name after game 1. He definitely didn't kick it as he was going to fast for that, but definitely moved his skate towards it which was stupid cause it was going in anyways. I was rooting for flames, but that was a terrible series for them

If he didnt move his leg just a little bit forward, as his other leg was stopped/slowed it would of counted, hell if the player wasnt there it would have been a goal.

The bodies natural reaction is to prevent injury so he wouldnt do the splits causing a groin injury. He moves his leg just a bit.

Colman admitted later that he kicked it. (When you are falling you don't extend you leg out to the side). It was probably an instinctual reaction but what a dumb move as the puck was going in anyways.

But if you look through the season and the playoffs... with all the allowed goals that were very similar. Even more kicked in than this one, do you not wonder if the league is playing favorites?

I beilive the same thing happened to the Leafs vs Tampa.. and I am NOT a Leafs fan

Colman admitted later that he kicked it. (When you are falling you don't extend you leg out to the side). It was probably an instinctual reaction but what a dumb move as the puck was going in anyways.
I never saw that he admitted it, but it was very obvious that he purposely moved his leg to direct the puck into the net. Was it a "distinct kicking motion"? That's debatable. He was on his outside edge with that foot and did push it forward in an attempt to direct the puck. I wouldn't call it a "kick" but it was a deliberate push and redirection. I think the refs got this one right but an argument can be made either way.

I beilive the same thing happened to the Leafs vs Tampa.. and I am NOT a Leafs fan
If you're referring to Tavares' disallowed tying goal, then this was the right call all day long. It's not even grey area like the Flames goal. Holl very blatantly threw a pick which allowed Tavares the space to get the shot off and ultimately put the puck in the net. Even a minor league ref would call interference on a play that leads to a scoring chance.

I never saw that he admitted it, but it was very obvious that he purposely moved his leg to direct the puck into the net. Was it a "distinct kicking motion"? That's debatable. He was on his outside edge with that foot and did push it forward in an attempt to direct the puck. I wouldn't call it a "kick" but it was a deliberate push and redirection. I think the refs got this one right but an argument can be made either way.

If you're referring to Tavares' disallowed tying goal, then this was the right call all day long. It's not even grey area like the Flames goal. Holl very blatantly threw a pick which allowed Tavares the space to get the shot off and ultimately put the puck in the net. Even a minor league ref would call interference on a play that leads to a scoring chance.
I was referring to the insane amount of weak penalties called against the leafs vs tampa... I beilive about 75% of all the penalties were against the leafs... and honestly they let way more go for tampa imo

I was referring to the insane amount of weak penalties called against the leafs vs tampa... I beilive about 75% of all the penalties were against the leafs... and honestly they let way more go for tampa imo
The only obvious one I saw was the first high sticking call in Game 6. He clearly caught the shoulder pad, and it's the pad that rose into the guy's face. Still a good call on the high stick, but there could have been an offsetting embellishment call there.

Overall powerplays were 33-28 in favor of Tampa for the series. As for "letting more go", it's playoff hockey. Unless it's blatant and stupid, takes away/creates a scoring chance, or something that can cause injury.... they're letting it go. No game is ever called completely by the book, the game would be boring as hell if it were.

For a guy who's not a leaf's fan, you sure do sound like one! LOL They did take a lot of stupid penalties, but I don't feel the officials lost this one for the leafs. They did it to themselves.

The only obvious one I saw was the first high sticking call in Game 6. He clearly caught the shoulder pad, and it's the pad that rose into the guy's face. Still a good call on the high stick, but there could have been an offsetting embellishment call there.

Overall powerplays were 33-28 in favor of Tampa for the series. As for "letting more go", it's playoff hockey. Unless it's blatant and stupid, takes away/creates a scoring chance, or something that can cause injury.... they're letting it go. No game is ever called completely by the book, the game would be boring as hell if it were.

For a guy who's not a leaf's fan, you sure do sound like one! LOL They did take a lot of stupid penalties, but I don't feel the officials lost this one for the leafs. They did it to themselves.
Lol .. I guess I'm still just bitter about the Flames being put out and ranting lol

The flames didn’t seem they didn’t care until a goal wasn’t allowed due to the kicking motion. But I could be wrong as I’m an oilers fan

Flames not robbed nope. If it was tied and last game then maybe one could still be upset. But either way they were done regardless. I have no team. But watched a couple games and oilers dominated all except the first and only loss.

But if you look through the season and the playoffs... with all the allowed goals that were very similar. Even more kicked in than this one, do you not wonder if the league is playing favorites?

Interesting point.
I’m a die hard hockey fan in general and really believe the NHL as a massive conglomerate does NOT want a Stanley cup champion in Canada. Why would they? Every team is massive here. Every team is worth a ton. They’re looking and always been looking to push and sell hockey in the lower 50 states. Having TB win the last two years has been a blessing for the growth of the game down south in my opinion.

I can just see the NHL realistically not wanting a Canadian team to win. Truthfully the flames were our best shot. EDM doesn’t have the firepower the Avs do.

Just my two cents.

Interesting point.
I’m a die hard hockey fan in general and really believe the NHL as a massive conglomerate does NOT want a Stanley cup champion in Canada. Why would they? Every team is massive here. Every team is worth a ton. They’re looking and always been looking to push and sell hockey in the lower 50 states. Having TB win the last two years has been a blessing for the growth of the game down south in my opinion.

I can just see the NHL realistically not wanting a Canadian team to win. Truthfully the flames were our best shot. EDM doesn’t have the firepower the Avs do.

Just my two cents.
Thank you ... glad someone sees it the way i do