TRT @120mg/week -- Dosing up to 500mg/week -- how long to get normalized after for bloodwork

Ok my answer will be different.
You want a flat stomach for holidays to look good, don't increase your test dose before going.

As a guy who has experimented with this numerous times before holidays, my stomach is the least bloated looking if I go on holidays on trt. 500 mg of test a week will swell all muscles including your abs.

If I was to take anything before going it would be mast or winny to dry out.

If you wanted to blast you need to do it far enough before to gain the weight then taper off about a month before.

Ephedrine 2 times a day (8mg) with cardio and a good diet will have you stripping fat and I know ephedrine works. I am not a big believer in fat burners.
The test is also for myself not just the trip - I will be doing this for 3 months at 500mg/week before going back to 120mg/week.
For a fat burner I am taking TORCH by Syn Pharma as I have heard good things.
Also, taking Var at 60mg/ED for 23 days just to get some strength and hold some muscle while I diet.

Hopefully all of this will help my training and mental state :)

Hi @gondar1 -...

Just a FYI - I'm not being defensive and anything you have to add to any comment / post people should read.
Hey bud,
yeah I know we are all good. I knew there were differences from province to province but I didn't want this fella or anyone else reading along to take away any message other than "be careful", checking into each individual situation would be prudent.

Relevant somewhat recent experience was having a guy send me his info so as to save time in reviewing his medical stuff through a provincial and lab portals. I was shocked at how much was there. I knew about the lab work already but the provincial thing was new to me. Every script, Dr appointment, ER visit, immunization etc for something like 15? years. I was looking at it from a coaching perspective through his POV but I'd think an actual medical professional would be able to see more and more detail. I also wasn't super impressed with it security wise, there was some verification of some sort but I understand hackers can do some pretty amazing shit.

Have a good one

In Ontario, you can remove consent for others than those requesting the labs, to view your medical records,

The two main data repositories are Ontario Laboratory Information System (OLIS) and the Digital Health Drug Repository (DHDR).

To remove consent from OLIS call 1-800-291-1405.
To remove consent from the DHDR you must fill out form 4385-87

https://forms.mgcs.gov.on.ca/en/dataset/014-4385-87.

* Note, the directive can be overridden per policy

https://ehealthontario.on.ca/en/shared/ehr-consent-directive-consent-override-policy

Last edited:
Hey bud,
yeah I know we are all good. I knew there were differences from province to province but I didn't want this fella or anyone else reading along to take away any message other than "be careful", checking into each individual situation would be prudent.

Relevant somewhat recent experience was having a guy send me his info so as to save time in reviewing his medical stuff through a provincial and lab portals. I was shocked at how much was there. I knew about the lab work already but the provincial thing was new to me. Every script, Dr appointment, ER visit, immunization etc for something like 15? years. I was looking at it from a coaching perspective through his POV but I'd think an actual medical professional would be able to see more and more detail. I also wasn't super impressed with it security wise, there was some verification of some sort but I understand hackers can do some pretty amazing shit.

Have a good one
Even a chiropractor can access all your scans, MRI's, etc. from decades ago when they started to computerize everything. I lose my temper with docs with loud mouths. I once saw an oral surgeon and was on oxycodone (No acetaminophen as I was just recovering from the damage to my liver from mono) at the time on a low dose for legitimate back and neck pain from an accident. I was on it for 3 weeks. 20 mg a day and the surgeon asked me if I thought I could cut it in half and just take half the dosage as too many people were getting hooked. The whole purpose of oxycodone is it lasts 12 hours and if I cut it I would get the 10 mg all at once. The doctor was an idiot and should not have been dispensing pharmaceutical advice.
Further, my father saw him and he asked my father if I stopped taking it. Major violation of privacy between patient and doctor.
When my father told me, I went to work the next day and drove to his clinic and calmly told if I was on a higher dosage he could have killed me and if I wanted I could sue him for disclosing my medical info without permission.
Anyway, I needed a MRI and he knew it - the weight due to being non urgent was 3-6 months. He called the hospital where he did most of his major surgeries and I had a MRI done in one week. I called him and asked him if he said something - he said yes, you shouldn't be in pain for that long. I took it as trying to buy me off. He was actually a nice man and ended up being a customer of mine in later years but he walked way over the line and someone had to tell him it wasn't OK.
Our hospital had to change their procedures as people were walking in and asking for patient info and being given it. I still can't believe that one but it made our local news and the person handing out the info was punished/fired but she was just doing as she was instructed. Messed up system and one can never be too cautious.

I think you will want to do the same thing each time because although your testosterone may be lower, other hormones could be higher or off.

I would wait four weeks each time. If you take an AI then it's going to be different. You want your other hormones to come back up to normal ranges otherwise if you do need a prescription AI your doctor might be like oh high estrogen seemed to go down on its own!

In Ontario, you can remove consent for others than those requesting the labs, to view your medical records,

The two main data repositories are Ontario Laboratory Information System (OLIS) and the Digital Health Drug Repository (DHDR).

To remove consent from OLIS call 1-800-291-1405.
To remove consent from the DHDR you must fill out form 4385-87

https://forms.mgcs.gov.on.ca/en/dataset/014-4385-87.

* Note, the directive can be overridden per policy

https://ehealthontario.on.ca/en/shared/ehr-consent-directive-consent-override-policy

That's awesome. I am terrified of getting blood work because I've had doctors who trained primarily in Iran tell me that I would never get a kidney test if I needed it if they found something. I wish I kept his name because I met a few doctors after that were going to report him and bring him to the forefront, they were not happy about it.

Good tip. Part of my regime, effective for CV health through this plus increasing vascularity . I think the flush stops people from taking it. Gotta admit it can be pretty uncomfortable but it doesnt last for long, ya gotta tough it out.
I take it in my pre workout meal, it's a strong vasodilator through the nitric oxide pathway, that's what causes the flush. It's also really cheap compared to what lots of people pay for formulated pre-workout supps aimed at that same effect, the pump.

Opinion - Some people will chose the no-flush version that is available to avoid the discomfort. Suck it up Nancy, you want the flush that's what is doing all that good shit or at least a large part of it. That's according to the studies I've read anyhow, to be fair I have seen one abstract that had wording something like "similar effects". As always there certainly could be new info out there that would influence my opinion.
Regardless a few different compounds can be called "Niacin" so best practice would be to do a little research and then carefully read labels rather than just grabbing one off the shelf

Good tip. Part of my regime, effective for CV health through this plus increasing vascularity . I think the flush stops people from taking it. Gotta admit it can be pretty uncomfortable but it doesnt last for long, ya gotta tough it out.
I take it in my pre workout meal, it's a strong vasodilator through the nitric oxide pathway, that's what causes the flush. It's also really cheap compared to what lots of people pay for formulated pre-workout supps aimed at that same effect, the pump.

Opinion - Some people will chose the no-flush version that is available to avoid the discomfort. Suck it up Nancy, you want the flush that's what is doing all that good shit or at least a large part of it. That's according to the studies I've read anyhow, to be fair I have seen one abstract that had wording something like "similar effects". As always there certainly could be new info out there that would influence my opinion.
Regardless a few different compounds can be called "Niacin" so best practice would be to do a little research and then carefully read labels rather than just grabbing one off the shelf
Which one are you buying?

Which one are you buying?
Direct Answer - Nicotinic Acid. It has to say that on the label. It may also say "Niacin (as nicotinic acid)" or (vitamin B3) on the label but it MUST say "nicotinic Acid" and shouldn't say anything else in the part where the dosage is listed.

I take between 125 and 500mg a day depending on what's happening that day.

I really strongly recommend each individual research for themselves on this one. IMO it's fantastic, even crucial at proper dose but there are concerns to be examined for people with sensitivity to it for various reasons. Toxicity at "high doses", among the words I recall popping up in various studies - Liver, kidneys, lowers BP, gastrointestinal.

Read scholarly stuff not magazine type articles, it seems like every "article" I read from some website was misleading in one way or another. There are so many variables to each compound and question. For example one article something like "What's the best niacin" said Extended Release NA, mostly supporting this because it should give less or even zero flushing. Unfortunately they didn't mention that the ER version is twice as toxic to the (kidneys OOPS EDIT): liver or what dose you should take.

It's not hard for me to imagine this scenario - one of us meatheads hearing that it's good for the pump and max recommended dose is 500mg per day so obviously, being that we are special you're gonna double that right? I've taken that much myself, more actually. But say said meathead combines that with a hefty dose of some orals? Could be big liver trouble in a hurry.

Fuck it's so hard not to write a book here! Now I feel like I have to say that when I took that much bigger dose it was for a short time and part of a comprehensive and supervised plan of attack on on my relatively minor cardiovascular disease and plaque buildup, dr consult every 2 weeks and bloods every 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Direct Answer - Nicotinic Acid. It has to say that on the label. It may also say "Niacin (as nicotinic acid)" or (vitamin B3) on the label but it MUST say "nicotinic Acid" and shouldn't say anything else in the part where the dosage is listed.

I take between 125 and 500mg a day depending on what's happening that day.

I really strongly recommend each individual research for themselves on this one. IMO it's fantastic, even crucial at proper dose but there are concerns to be examined for people with sensitivity to it for various reasons. Toxicity at "high doses", among the words I recall popping up in various studies - Liver, kidneys, lowers BP, gastrointestinal.

Read scholarly stuff not magazine type articles, it seems like every "article" I read from some website was misleading in one way or another. There are so many variables to each compound and question. For example one article something like "What's the best niacin" said Extended Release NA, mostly supporting this because it should give less or even zero flushing. Unfortunately they didn't mention that the ER version is twice as toxic to the (kidneys OOPS EDIT): liver or what dose you should take.

It's not hard for me to imagine this scenario - one of us meatheads hearing that it's good for the pump and max recommended dose is 500mg per day so obviously, being that we are special you're gonna double that right? I've taken that much myself, more actually. But say said meathead combines that with a hefty dose of some orals? Could be big liver trouble in a hurry.

Fuck it's so hard not to write a book here! Now I feel like I have to say that when I took that much bigger dose it was for a short time and part of a comprehensive and supervised plan of attack on on my relatively minor cardiovascular disease and plaque buildup, dr consult every 2 weeks and bloods every 4 weeks.
Thanks for the info.

The test is also for myself not just the trip - I will be doing this for 3 months at 500mg/week before going back to 120mg/week.
For a fat burner I am taking TORCH by Syn Pharma as I have heard good things.
Also, taking Var at 60mg/ED for 23 days just to get some strength and hold some muscle while I diet.

Hopefully all of this will help my training and mental state :)
Var @60 mg is that a waste .I watch vigorous Steve and he mentioned at 50mg barley can tolerate it and mentions 30mg is the sweet spot.

Ok my answer will be different.
You want a flat stomach for holidays to look good, don't increase your test dose before going.

As a guy who has experimented with this numerous times before holidays, my stomach is the least bloated looking if I go on holidays on trt. 500 mg of test a week will swell all muscles including your abs.

If I was to take anything before going it would be mast or winny to dry out.

If you wanted to blast you need to do it far enough before to gain the weight then taper off about a month before.

Ephedrine 2 times a day (8mg) with cardio and a good diet will have you stripping fat and I know ephedrine works. I am not a big believer in fat burners.
8mg pre workout and the other 8mg when ?