Trans Athletes in Women’s Powerlifting

Doesn't this happen all the time with PEDs? Isn't that a bigger problem with cheating in sports and robbing more people of their dreams? I'm not saying its "no big deal" in the sense that I don't care, but do you really think that the reason it gets so much attention is what you describe? Or is there something deeper there?
No I don't think I would say that what I wrote is "the" reason, I was just giving one scenario that I would bet is part of it most of the time. Even when the families I made up don't feel that way their are others who may not even be in the sport that will view the situation through that lens.

I remember entry level pysch course literature saying that there is only one reason that people get angry. That being feeling that someone is being treated unfairly. I mention that to point out that the issue we are discussing is not the only "unfair" thing that elicits this response I described in that type of family. Could be anything or the sum of a bunch of things.

I'm in that family and have witnessed it, felt it through or for others and for ourselves. Feeling like you are getting screwed through something unfair inside or outside of sports while someone else profits from the same can become infuriating. Bad officiating is another of the big ones . Unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud, nepotism, bribery etc

I guess you could have called me out for virtual signalling here too because I omitted discussing the money side of the damage but it's very real too. We put the kids through different experiences that cost hundreds of thousands for example and know many athletes that spent way more, that stings too.

They are afraid of being sued. Trans women are legally woman so any organization who excludes a specific group could be in trouble, they're also afraid of negative publicity.

Speaking out against their inclusion because "they are men" or "they are not women" is not going to go over well socially anymore and now in some jurisdictions is considered hate speech. I'm not in favor of speech laws but society is moving this way unfortunately.
I'm not sure one could say it's not going well socially anymore.
I think one's perspective could be skewed both ways depending on who they hang out with, where they live, lifestyle, what source they use for news.

I personally think a man is a man. If they want to live as a trans then that's their choice. I personally don't give a shit what people do with their lives. I don't think they should be allowed in women's sports. Those are my views and I should be allowed to have them as well as you should be free to think the way you do. Speech laws are wrong. I know many on the left like the idea. They need to be careful though because what happens when the government isn't their clown trudeau anymore? What if a conservative government came in and started making speech laws that were favorable to the right.... Bet they wouldn't like it then! Certain rights need to be respected and speech is a huge one. I am glad to see you are not in favor of them either. If there is something that everyone should agree on is this in my opinion.

That trans fighter had also been beaten by other women.
This article is a bit misleading because the broken bone was an orbital bone and those fractures are common in this sport.
Like fuck they are common. This just proves my point earlier about female bone density that you kept changing the topic and saying theres big women too.

He was beat by other women yes because hes not that good. Wouldn't stand a chance against his own gender thats why he entered the womens division and pretented to be a woman.

Like fuck they are common. This just proves my point earlier about female bone density that you kept changing the topic and saying theres big women too.

He was beat by other women yes because hes not that good. Wouldn't stand a chance against his own gender thats why he entered the womens division and pretented to be a woman.
Take this to it's obvious conclusion.
Genders are only a social construct is the claim.
Second claim is there are more than two genders.
Let's say there are 20 genders, all social constructs. Social constructs are things that are not rooted in reality like the Easter Bunny Santa Claus goths punk rockers whatever, but only made up by social decree. Fictional stories as it were.

If this is truly the case, then we were stupid to ever create a women's sports division in the first place. If there isn't going to be 20 or 30 or 40 different divisions, why have just the two?
Shouldn't anybody be able to compete in any division they want at any time? If all is only based a self-identity, then this should be the "fair" result.
Why should someone identifying as a woman be allowed, but not someone 2 spirit, or queer, or whatever gender they choose to identify with? If gender is a social construct, then gender can't imply any competitive advantage.

To me, clearly then, the answer is to eliminate "women's sports" as a division entirely. That's the only fair way ahead in the proposed "gender is a social construct" ideology.

Someone mentioned semantics above.
In this case, semantics are important because the entire issue revolves around definitions of words.

Were we to grant the position that men and women genders are merely a social construct having nothing to do with biology..... This would be a redefinition of terms beyond their original intended meaning.
When the women's / men's sports were named as such, it was clearly to differentiate males versus females sports because of an inherent physical advantage.
At the time it was likely impossible to believe that this would ever be an issue.
As it now is an issue perhaps the optimal way forward is to rename the divisions male sports, and female sports.
Unless people are going to argue that biological sexes are merely a social construct as well.
If so, that just leads us back to a singular human sports division, because as a made up social construct, sex can't offer a competitive advantage either.
I welcome anyone to point out where the logic in this train fails.

Another gem popped into my mind
This dude said he’s a woman and went to woman jail and got 2-3 fellow female Inmates pregnant lol

That makes total sense in backwards land

It? How dare you!

I jest. I've always wonder what exactly people find offensive about calling someone "it". I even feel that way a bit but I don't understand why lol
To me calling someone an "it" almost implies the person to be non-human lol

Sometimes my wife will say we, when she was trying to get me to help her do something.
I used to say, “what you and your bugs”, but maybe in hindsight she was referring to her pronoun and it was thoughtless of me, lol.

The most commonly broken bones in MMA are, nose, hands and then orbital bone, it's one of the most common injuries. I never changed the topic either, you made a generalized claim than men have more bone density which on average is true but some women have bone density equal to the average man which if it's an advantage gives that particular female a genetic advantage. I'm not really an advocate for anything about sports, I personally don't enjoy sports in general, I'm just saying that some people have genetic advantages and those are unfair to the people who don't possess them however as you stated you also have to have some skill to be any good.

The most commonly broken bones in MMA are, nose, hands and then orbital bone, it's one of the most common injuries. I never changed the topic either, you made a generalized claim than men have more bone density which on average is true but some women have bone density equal to the average man which if it's an advantage gives that particular female a genetic advantage. I'm not really an advocate for anything about sports, I personally don't enjoy sports in general, I'm just saying that some people have genetic advantages and those are unfair to the people who don't possess them however as you stated you also have to have some skill to be any good.
Its not a generalized claim..lol. its well known and studied. Just like men have dicks.. pretty well known. Stop trying to change it..lol

Look at this stupidity.
This poor actual woman loses by default because a guy wants to fight as a woman. The real woman withdrew citing safety concerns.
This is the only way that woman can fight back against this.
Happens enough eventually the organizations will have to do something, or trans athletes will stop competing against the females, because they know that no one will show up.
Winning by default sucks, I won a kickboxing match that way once. It doesn’t feel like a win.

This is the only way that woman can fight back against this.
Happens enough eventually the organizations will have to do something, or trans athletes will stop competing against the females, because they know that no one will show up.
Winning by default sucks, I won a kickboxing match that way once. It doesn’t feel like a win.
Well the only way it would work is if all women refused to fight trannies. Good for her for refusing, but at the same time who knows how bad this sets her back which is unfortunate for her.