Trans Athletes in Women’s Powerlifting

it's actually not effortless and imposes on your time your effort and wellness. It's projected mental illness to me before I visit theologically and morally. I'm not on board and never will be.

All these groups also proactively criticize and detract from me while looking down on me and blaming me...why would I give any of them the time of day?

Tolerance is my best path as they most certainly don't respect my opinion.
Well said sir

it's actually not effortless and imposes on your time your effort and wellness. It's projected mental illness to me before I visit theologically and morally. I'm not on board and never will be.

All these groups also proactively criticize and detract from me while looking down on me and blaming me...why would I give any of them the time of day?

Yeah you make a fair point. I just tend to stay away from arguments and conflict with stupid people. It is a mental illness you’re 100% correct. Listen i’m in the same boat as you guys here, I would just rather call them an inchworm if that’s what they wanna believe they are to just avoid the bullshit confrontation. As long as they’re civil with me about it, I’ll be civil with them. This is outside of a debate or open discussion on the topic with these “inchworms”
Because it's ridiculous. Where does it stop?
I would much prefer if people referred to me as Doctor but they don't, nor would I ask them to pretend to call me something I am not. If someone wants to be a whale, a moose, Micheal Jordan, a God, a Demon. It's ridiculous that reality and truth are not as important as someone's feelings.
I’m with ya on the whole subject. It’s all nonsense and glorified mental health issues. My point more or less is the thought of putting in effort to purposely infuriate them by calling them a man, which is what they are. Now, how much effort is that? None, they’re a man and you’re just calling them what a man is. It’s the bullshit victim cultured arguments and situations afterwards that I would argue cause more effort than to just say “ma’am” if they’ve politely said they go by that. All the sudden a 1 minute exchange turns into a 10 minute blow up because of their own issues.
Being said, I’m not claiming that’s what you do or have done. It’s just more in the realm of conversation here. Just wanted to pick your brain a bit and ask your own personal thought on the matter. All respect from me here bros.

Reactions: 3ml

I really don't understand what effort is involved with calling someone by a pronoun that fits a person's appearance. Do you analyze every person you meet before coming to a conclusion as to what you decide to refer to them as? Like idk her hands look a little big I'll just call her sir, seems like a lot more effort than just being nice to me.

When you say these groups, who specifically are you talking about and how did they look down on you and what are they blaming you for?

What opinion is disrespected?

I really don't understand what effort is involved with calling someone by a pronoun that fits a person's appearance. Do you analyze every person you meet before coming to a conclusion as to what you decide to refer to them as? Like idk her hands look a little big I'll just call her sir, seems like a lot more effort than just being nice to me.

When you say these groups, who specifically are you talking about and how did they look down on you and what are they blaming you for?

Yeah it takes no effort.
Only time I get confused is when they are in a dress with a full beard and mustashe, lol.
As I said it’s easier just to avoid using any gender pronouns from the outset, then no one gets upset accidentally.

If someone wants to be called a moose should we play along with that as well?

Hell I identify as a 65 year old retiree....gimme my pension

Yeah it takes no effort.
Only time I get confused is when they are in a dress with a full beard and mustashe, lol.
As I said it’s easier just to avoid using any gender pronouns from the outset, then no one gets upset accidentally.

Exactly, gender dysphoria is in fact an incredibly rare mental disorder and it has little to no impact on anyone other than the person who experiences it. Going out of your way to antagonize someone who suffers from it by deliberately mis-gendering them is an asshole move. Like if you see an really fat person do you address them as fatass or if you saw someone with down syndrome do you say hey retard? I'd hope nobody does. Jokes are jokes and some are offensive to some people and that's ok I joke as much as the next guy but harassment isn't a joke.

My gf is lucky that everything about her appearance is feminine and nobody knows she's trans unless she tells them but occasionally people who know will antagonize her by using her birth name or say him etc. she politely asks them stop but it really ruins her day, she comes home and crying about it after work and I have to console her but it sticks with her. On the other hand when she gets compliments about her beauty she's on cloud 9 and it really makes her day.

The op topic is trans in powerlifting, a sport that has no financial payout, nobody cares about. Most female powerlifters with record are stronger than most of the people in this forum and alot of them are on gear.

If someone wants to be called a moose should we play along with that as well?

Hell I identify as a 65 year old retiree....gimme my pension
Do you know a person who identifies as a moose?

Yeah it takes no effort.
The beard this is weird, those people can't expect to put in 1% effort and expect everyone else to put the extra 99% in for them, if they get offended than they're probably narcissistic.

Do you know a person who identifies as a moose?
Nope
That isn't the point.
I shouldn't be expected to play along with what someone thinks they are. It isn't reality. Like I said before, since when are feelings more important than reality?

I don't care at all how people live their lives. I truly don't. If someone wants to act like a moose, woman, man, alligator, pretend they are a Dr....whatever I don't really care. Just don't expect me to cater to your distorted reality. I really don't give two sweet fucks if it offends someone. It's not my problem.

Back to the main point of the post
These people should stay out of woman's sports. Period

Nope
That isn't the point.
I shouldn't be expected to play along with what someone thinks they are. It isn't reality. Like I said before, since when are feelings more important than reality?

I don't care at all how people live their lives. I truly don't. If someone wants to act like a moose, woman, man, alligator, pretend they are a Dr....whatever I don't really care. Just don't expect me to cater to your distorted reality. I really don't give two sweet fucks if it offends someone. It's not my problem.
This just sounds like you're choosing to be a dick to people you don't know because they have a mental disorder when instead you could choose to be nice.

Or I operate in reality.
I’ll quickly ask tho what you stand to gain from it. Considering the fact that by doing it you could ruin someone’s day yaknow. And trust me, I don’t care if I offend someone either. But to do it almost deliberately seems a bit out there to me.

I’ll quickly ask tho what you stand to gain from it. Considering the fact that by doing it you could ruin someone’s day yaknow. And trust me, I don’t care if I offend someone either. But to do it almost deliberately seems a bit out there to me.
Because it's ridiculous.
Why should I deny reality to make someone's day further fueling their delusion?

If someone at work says hey I am totally competent to do that task and they aren't, should we just play along because it may ruin their day?

If your kid is 12 years old and telling people he cured cancer would you not correct thay behavior?

If I take my vehicle to someone who claims to be a mechanic but isn't a mechanic should I still let them work on my vehicle because they identify as a mechanic??

Are these examples ridiculous....yes. just like pretending to be the Gender you are not.

Again I don't care what people do with their lives but I don't need to participate in the insanity of it.

Again back to the point of this thread. Men should not be in women's sports because they are not women. It's very very very simple.

The op topic is trans in powerlifting, a sport that has no financial payout, nobody cares about. Most female powerlifters with record are stronger than most of the people in this forum and alot of them are on gear.
ehhh i mean the other women competing sure as hell do care about it. Cant really just say fuck them yaknow. Plenty of women in sports have spoken out about it.
And honestly as well, i’m by no means an animal or a freak and I can even beat all of the WR i just looked at even from the 100+kg weight class.

Reactions: 3ml

Sir or madam worked for half a century. if you can't imagine the grief caused to elderly humble folks by these shinnanigans then don't.

The problem is respect for sure that's my point I don't want to analyze or stray from here. Chances are some days I can't tolerate random bullshit.

Special interest groups racial interest groups religions woke vegan even my own Christian white male. I don't need anyone's luggage bullshit condescending garbage. We are all guilty of ignorance most of your bloated self belief applies here. I don't fucking care and it makes me the most compassionate available person I can be.

Cheers

Exactly, gender dysphoria is in fact an incredibly rare mental disorder and it has little to no impact on anyone other than the person who experiences it. Going out of your way to antagonize someone who suffers from it by deliberately mis-gendering them is an asshole move. Like if you see an really fat person do you address them as fatass or if you saw someone with down syndrome do you say hey retard? I'd hope nobody does. Jokes are jokes and some are offensive to some people and that's ok I joke as much as the next guy but harassment isn't a joke.

My gf is lucky that everything about her appearance is feminine and nobody knows she's trans unless she tells them but occasionally people who know will antagonize her by using her birth name or say him etc. she politely asks them stop but it really ruins her day, she comes home and crying about it after work and I have to console her but it sticks with her. On the other hand when she gets compliments about her beauty she's on cloud 9 and it really makes her day.

I hope you see some of the Irony in what you wrote.

Of course you don't go out of your way and call someone a fat ass. If it is a fat Male I will address him as Sir, Mr, or his name.

Mis Gendering is made up BS.

Now
As far as saying no one cares about women's powerlifitng. I can assure you many do. I was part of a powerlifting and strongman Gym. Alot of those women train their hearts out. I have spoken to them on this matter and it angers them. They don't want men in their competitions.
Now you are dating a guy who acts like a girl and don't want anyone hurting their feelings or being an ass. Yet it's ok to let a man go into a woman's comp and ruin real women's day?

It's hard to argue with people who prefer to argue about feelings rather than simple logic.

Pretending to be the opposite gender is a bit out there to me...lol
Sure is. I haven’t disagreed with that once.

All i’m trying to point out is they’re still people. I would argue most trans people aren’t going to blow their lid off at you. This is really no different than disliking someone because they have a different view than you honestly. If they’re being disrespectful to you, sure go right back at them. But if they’re being respectful and you still choose to just blatantly be an asshole, there’s an issue with you more than there is with the person doing something that doesn’t affect you in the slightest. If you can’t set aside your personal beliefs to treat someone with even the slightest bit of dignity, I think you should take a long look in the mirror, and try to be a little more empathetic.

Sure is. I haven’t disagreed with that once.

All i’m trying to point out is they’re still people. I would argue most trans people aren’t going to blow their lid off at you. This is really no different than disliking someone because they have a different view than you honestly. If they’re being disrespectful to you, sure go right back at them. But if they’re being respectful and you still choose to just blatantly be an asshole, there’s an issue with you more than there is with the person doing something that doesn’t affect you in the slightest. If you can’t set aside your personal beliefs to treat someone with even the slightest bit of dignity, I think you should take a long look in the mirror, and try to be a little more empathetic.
And whatever said individual wants to call themselves a female is female and a male is male. Wow!!

A group of females should govern their sport for fair competition for females. This is the only respectful dignified scenario.