To those back in gyms, howd it go?

Mine gym has been open for about 4 weeks. So.....we have a protocol, in place at Anytime Fitness Pitt Meadows BC

1 Sign in with time and Ph #
2 Put the pen in a bin for used pens
3 Pick up a towel, a bottle of cleaner and a wipe down cloth
4 Wipe down all surfaces where you are training before and after training IE Machines, Plates etc..
5) Put towels in a bin and put spray bottle in a separate bin full of cleaner and water.
6 Sign out with a clean pen.

We have very good compliance. The regulars are all there. The crowd is 1/3 what it was. Its fucking awesome no phone geeks, no equipment hogs, no fuck-ups who need a talking to.

We are all having alot of fun catching up. A few new faces.
I'm training on a double split 5 days a week: 1 hour cardio am before work. Weights after work with my son who doubles as my training partner.
I've started gaining muscle again despite a stringent diet and cut cycle: Test Prop/Mast Prop/Eq Low dose eod. Anavar daily.

Its the atmosphere change most definitely! The morning sunshine helps.

I have a power rack, 390 lbs of Olympic plates, 2 Olympic bars, Hyper-extension bench/roman chair a commercial incline and a commercial flat bench at home. Finally, I have dumbbells from 5 lbs up to 75 lbs, 2 tension bands and an Olympic curl bar a gym room with a rubber gym floor.

We were training 5 days a week running 5k every morning and doing a 4 day split. HIIT on Saturday before it opened.

The gym really just added the extra layer of motivation.

Get to it!

Grandpa

Sounds like a nice home gym snd a solid cutting cycle....for an old guy....Hope you’re keeping dosages reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a nice home gym snd a solid cutting cycle....for an old guy....Hope you’re keeping dosages reasonable

Yes I am doing very low dose: 50 ML Test Prop/100 Mast Prop/150 Eq EOD, 60 Anavar daily. Doing BW every 3 months at my GP's request. Doctor is happy with my BW results. BP is in the normal range. It does elevate during the work day.

5 weeks in I feel great!

Grandpa

Yes I am doing very low dose: 50 ML Test Prop/100 Mast Prop/150 Eq EOD, 60 Anavar daily. Doing BW every 3 months at my GP's request. Doctor is happy with my BW results. BP is in the normal range. It does elevate during the work day.

5 weeks in I feel great!

Grandpa

Curious....how do you do the cycle above, give your body enough clear out and recovery time within 3 months so it does not negatively impact BW ? Or is the Dr BW not looking at lipids, PSA, etc every 3 months?

Curious....how do you do the cycle above, give your body enough clear out and recovery time within 3 months so it does not negatively impact BW ? Or is the Dr BW not looking at lipids, PSA, etc every 3 months?

Wow! I appreciate the concern and the sharing! I still have so much to learn!

If in fact there are other factors I should be observing I would love to know. Please shoot me a message or post here if that' s ok.

Overall we watch my RBC, Liver enzymes, Lipids and electrolytes. She has not mentioned my psa but has repeatedly reassured me we are keeping an eye on every aspect. She tests my thyroid and testosterone along with the rest of my BW. I have some anomalies. I am missing my gallbladder, common bile duct, 4 feet of lower intestine and thyroid gland from my accident. As long as my BW stays within whats normal for me she remains unconcerned.

Not being one to complain since I am feeling good I go riding merrily along. We have a good relationship and she feels free to call me if she has a concern.. Having not only lived but thrived after weeks in a hospital and a coma, more bad medical news, multiple surgeries, a failed arterial graft, RT arm bone necrosis (ongoing) physical rehab centres and setbacks than the average bear, I call most days where I see the daisies from the top and not the bottom a win!

This is only my 2nd cycle life time. I just started doing this in October 2019. I was thrown off the last cycle when the virus sent everyone not in healthcare (I am) scurrying for the shadows.

I ran test prop 50 eod until I started this cycle a week before the gym opened.

Cheers!

I run my workouts on a 3 day cycle, so when I woke up on day 4 my entire body was fucking killing me. I'm not sure the last time I experienced that, usually it will be just 1 or 2 muscles experiencing mild pain. For the most part, I dropped about 10% across the board. Biceps were the worst tho.. I dropped about 15lbs on single-arm curls. Triceps were pretty sad too. Bench seemed unaffected by the break. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So it took me 3 weeks to get back and surpass where I was before the break... my belly fat can't say the same but we're close.

Last edited:
I’ve heard here in BC that gyms seem to be a hotspot for Covid. I’m surprised with the protocols they have to follow.

I run my workouts on a 3 day cycle, so when I woke up on day 4 my entire body was fucking killing me. I'm not sure the last time I experienced that, usually it will be just 1 or 2 muscles experiencing mild pain. For the most part, I dropped about 10% across the board. Biceps were the worst tho.. I dropped about 15lbs on single-arm curls. Triceps were pretty sad too. Bench seemed unaffected by the break. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gradually work it back up and u won't feel so much soreness. I know that is a motherhood statement I always do it when I start deadlift, bench or squat cycle. However sometimes a real hard work with a lot of soreness is just what we need ... lol. It is always fun to push it.

I did a drive by the Goodlife Gym in Saint John NB today. It's in a mall so I yelled to the entrance guy if I could do a walk in. He said 15 minutes which wasn't bad. I had things to do so I just drove on. I am able to workout at home as I maintain a home gym so did my final deadlift routine for the week. Will try a drive by again tomorrow. I have talked to others that have went bad and they are happy with what Goodlife has done.

Going in an hour for the first time! I've been doing a decent home workout so I'm not too worried.

ontario is the last to allow people to exercise. i think people here are more out of shape too. hence doug ford is the premier

Lol statistically I beleive saskatchewan is the most obese province, sask also has a pile of other great #1s in Canada, like highest crime rate per capital, HIV capital, most impaired driving, most domestic violence. I'm sure there are some other really good ones just can't think of them right now.

H
My gym just opened yesterday, I really enjoyed the fact that there's way less people there now. Although the one hour time slot allotted kind of sucks. But I'll just do my heavy lifting at the gym, then I rip home and finish off my training. Also looked like only serious people were there, no one just sitting around, socializing, and chilling on their phones. All in all, I'm glad to be back.
Had six people in the gym,two were on cardio machines:)

T
Lol statistically I beleive saskatchewan is the most obese province, sask also has a pile of other great #1s in Canada, like highest crime rate per capital, HIV capital, most impaired driving, most domestic violence. I'm sure there are some other really good ones just can't think of them right now.
Those stats are a little misleading.

First day back in. Just got home from leg day and it sucked. But still going to hurt for a week.
Masks going in and leaving but not while lifting if you dont want
Everyone in there got so fat lol

Same here first day back and gym was pretty much empty. Plus they did a bunch of renos and added more power racks which makes me happy. I have a feeling I'll be hurting tomorrow but bring it on :)

I go to Goodlife in Edmonton on my 6 days off so ive only had 6 days there so far but really, the only difference I noticed is that I had to condense my workout to 45 hard mins and 15 min big man walk on the treadmill. Besides on the odd dude wearing a mask, not talking to anyone, wearing no gloves and touching everything in site. lol...…… over it

Things are pretty stable at Anytime Fitness Pitt Meadows. Both the 5:30 am crowd and the 4:30 pm crowd remain the same as always. A lot more chatting and laughing around the gym among the regulars. Glad to be out!
I noticed some new folks joining. There are a lot of complaints from them about the unrealistic restrictions and lack of hygiene around the gyms they have migrated from.

Personally my training is going great. Injury free for 10 months now.

Grandpa

second day back and its not bad at all. If you show up 15 min early they let you in so you get 75 mins. The place only gets half capacity or less so theres no issues with getting what you want. And today there was a bunch of hot 20 year old girls in next to no clothes