THE MENTZER BROTHERS, ARTHUR JONES AND NAUTILUS HOW IT AFFECTED BODYBUILDING

I will agree to disagree with this guy on some of his statements. First of all he says his expertise is in biomechanics, I can't find anywhere on the internet where he studied biomechanics at the under grad or post grad level ... I always look up some ones credentials especially when they refutes Mike Mentzer's and Dorion Yates methodology on training ( He does say his book is endorse by a number of PHD's and other professionals but did not say who they were, I guess I will have to believe him). He said that going balls to the wall on one set has been proven scientifically ( he refers to these guys as 'they' have proven ... who are they) that this method does not work as well as doing a higher volume of sets submaximally. I looked at Mike Mentzer's and Dorian Yates's physiques and compared it to Doug Brignole's physique ( the speaker ) and again I would say I would agree to disagree, no where near the size and musculature. Not to say that his physique was not impressive, he had won more than 1 Mr Universe titles. I do think and agree with the statement that ... some people may respond better to more volume and submaximal weight ... however I think other people would respond better to the Heavy Duty and the HIT methods of Mentzer and Yates. The guy seems to be very knowledgeable in the area of bodybuilding and has self taught himself on the mechanics of lifting, but this interview seems to be more about selling his book and his views on BodyBuilding. You should be able to get your point across in a book in less than 600 pages, Just in my opinion :)

Big fan of Mike Mentzer. Guy was pretty much a genius inside and outside the gym.

Unfortunately his legacy is never winning the Olympia.

Reactions: PGM
I used an extreme type of HD for biceps in a cable preacher station,worked real well for a year and a half
Texas A&M used a one set,once a week system on a Hatfield style squat machine.Set went to extreme failure on negatives.

Reactions: PGM