Stretching / warm up

OTFJOEY

Trusted Member
How much time (or sets) do you take to warm up? How often do you stretch ?(pre or post workout)

my RMT mentioned ideally I should be spending the same time stretching and warming up as I do working out.

I’m seeing all types of growth lately, but I’m also feeling tighter and tighter as time goes on, my usual stretch routine isn’t sufficing any longer! As important as it is I know many guys don’t do itor at least not nearly enough.

How do you practice mobility and what are your go-to’s or practices for physical mobility and well being ??

More and more the older i get...but i am at the best mobility i have been in years

15 minutes before training - focus on scapula, lats, thoracic and hips
foam roll for about 10 after training....focus on what i trained...great way to cool down
on non training days do 20 minutes of mobility work watching TV. head to toe

How much time (or sets) do you take to warm up? How often do you stretch ?(pre or post workout)

my RMT mentioned ideally I should be spending the same time stretching and warming up as I do working out.

I’m seeing all types of growth lately, but I’m also feeling tighter and tighter as time goes on, my usual stretch routine isn’t sufficing any longer! As important as it is I know many guys don’t do itor at least not nearly enough.

How do you practice mobility and what are your go-to’s or practices for physical mobility and well being ??
Go to your RMT every two weeks. It should do the trick, or he/she needs to work you over harder, lol.

I don’t warm up before training, but I do a few warm up sets to get in the groove.
Now I do stretch afterwards.
But it’s in a certain way.
First is the percussion massager, then foam roller or lacrosse ball, then when things are loose and warmed up, I stretch, using a variety of yoga poses.
Or I’m fucking lazy and depend on my RMT, lol.

I told her she will always have a job, because I’ll keep being lazy or push myself too hard, lol.

I'm getting older, so I realize how important this is. Still, I go to the gym, do 3 spiral arm turns, (the ones they teach a 4-year-old) a couple o' shoulder shrugs then lay down on the bench and bang out 4 sets of 10 bench presses. (currently hitting PRs each week which is great) I will, one day cave and do yoga or some shit.. hope it's not an injury that forces me to do that.

I’m wondering about seeing a chiropractor even; it’s one avenue I haven’t ventured yet and I know I should be! Fuck 30 feels nothing like 25 , I’m getting old fast lol.

I’m wondering about seeing a chiropractor even; it’s one avenue I haven’t ventured yet and I know I should be! Fuck 30 feels nothing like 25 , I’m getting old fast lol.
I went to a chiro.. they did an assessment, x-ray, some thermal scans. ($250) Told me it would be best to come in 2 times a week for 90 days. This was all because I had a tight lower back and glute.. nothing major, I was more curious. It was a total cost of about $1700 for the plan, I got 1/3 the way through and said fuck it. They wanted me to come in to talk about the progress after the first 30 days, said it was an extra $60. I see videos online of guys cracking backs with crazy audible cracks (maybe fake).. It was nothing like those videos.. I swear to fucking god one time I went in and he cracked my toes and said "see ya next week". $65 for a toe cracking? "its all connected"

I see a RMT x2 per week plus chiropractor x1 per week year round. its defiantly a commitment.

I'm getting older, so I realize how important this is. Still, I go to the gym, do 3 spiral arm turns, (the ones they teach a 4-year-old) a couple o' shoulder shrugs then lay down on the bench and bang out 4 sets of 10 bench presses. (currently hitting PRs each week which is great) I will, one day cave and do yoga or some shit.. hope it's not an injury that forces me to do that.
LMAO - this was priceless. If I didn't know better I would guess it was @The Old Guy posting.

I stretch and do warm up sets without fail - but nothing near the same time that I spend actually working out. That's a new one to me. I just wouldn't have the time to spend warming up for an hour and a half and then working out for an hour and a half.

Well after 17 years of heavy squats and deadlifts and stretching very rarely , I suffered a back injury ( who would of thunk!)
At 33 years old putting my shoes on amd tying them up became an ordeal . 7 months of doctors appointments and today at just over 2 months of physio , including dry needling , which is the single
Most uncomfortable experience I have ever had in my life .
They take 30 gauge needles and jam them between your back discs amd joints your hamstrings and hips and calf’s and wiggle them around.
After all this I have learned I need to stretch everyday .
I’ve heard guys say on this forum before an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of repair . And it’s true . I wish I could grab my 18 year old self by the face and tell him to stretch anot every day has to be break a record day at the gym fuck sakes .
Anyways I went in and deadlifted today finally for the first time in I don’t know how long and all I can say is thank god . Will never let my body get tight again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do DeFranco agile 8 every morning and pre workout, as well as 15-20 minute yoga session whenever I can, focusing mainly on hips and glutes, and lats.

The agile 8 has really helped with my mobility and I would definitely recommend it pre workout, limber 11 if you need a bit more work on mobility