SaltyDawg’s Recovery Log

So for last night I had a better sleep and found a good sleeping position and managed the pain better so I got an extra hour and a half sleep. Feeling way better mentally with the extra sleep I was getting a little depressed. Woke up and had one kodiac protein pancake 2 strips of turkey bacon and 2 cups of black coffee. Did a 20 minute lap around my property came in and used the 2.5 lb dumbbell for wrist curls and rotations on the injured side just to keep it moving . Can’t do much more with the fracture. Sat and had a cup of green tea and I had a piece of delicious sweet and hot jerky thanks @Sorbate you all need to try this jerky amazing. Next plan is to heat and ice the area to try to stimulate blood flow and looking into a tens machine on Amazon. Anyone had experience with that Amazon ones please chime in. Does anyone have a go to for bac water ? Wife tried all our local pharmacies and they don’t carry it . They told her it’s not something they see much anymore and I need some . SaltyDawg
You are welcome, you sounded down so I thought you needed some cheer me up jerky.

You are sounding a lot better now though. You'll get there, now that the swelling is mainly gone, get 50 mg of deca into you a week and your recovery will increase.

Had a really good meal , P2 wrap with lean beef , peppers , mushrooms, lettuce. 1/2 cup of basmati rice. Diet soda. Did 2 walks around my property at 20 minutes each. Had to lay off any arm movements as it was getting very sore. Hoping to get some quality sleep tonight . I will incorporate another protein shake with 2% milk this time with natural peanut butter bit of flax and chia seeds the choice in milk is because I didn’t consume enough food calories today. Looking forward to seeing the physiotherapist Friday to have a professional get things rolling. SaltyDawg

Lastnight was not a good night, I had the pain control dialed in but just couldn’t sleep for the life of me. Tried melatonin with no success. Had a protein shake with whole milk , flax oil along with oats and 2 scoops of protein. My theory was if it was heavy enough it would help me get sluggish and sleep. In the morning I was out of bed at 5:30am and made 6 eggs and 3 slices of turkey bacon and black coffee. Did 22 minutes walking on my property as well as some wrist curls and wrist twists with the 2.5 pound dumbbell. Physiotherapy went really well they did heat and ice as well as massage therapy to what they could around the fracture . They did acupuncture and after that was 20 minutes on the tens machine. That actually felt a bit better. They want a good look at the X-rays before they do any stretching protocol where there is a fracture involved . SaltyDawg

Just thinking out loud but if it was a hit and run you probably qualify for victim services or whatever it's called but it would generally be a big pay out, pay for medical stuff, psw's, lost wages etc...I think even if the guy wasn't caught. I'd look into it. Also opiates and nsaids even naproxen and toredol will disturb sleep. Not sure if your taking anything

Lastnight was not a good night, I had the pain control dialed in but just couldn’t sleep for the life of me. Tried melatonin with no success. Had a protein shake with whole milk , flax oil along with oats and 2 scoops of protein. My theory was if it was heavy enough it would help me get sluggish and sleep. In the morning I was out of bed at 5:30am and made 6 eggs and 3 slices of turkey bacon and black coffee. Did 22 minutes walking on my property as well as some wrist curls and wrist twists with the 2.5 pound dumbbell. Physiotherapy went really well they did heat and ice as well as massage therapy to what they could around the fracture . They did acupuncture and after that was 20 minutes on the tens machine. That actually felt a bit better. They want a good look at the X-rays before they do any stretching protocol where there is a fracture involved . SaltyDawg
You can buy a tens machine off Amazon, they are all about the same. The tens machine helps control pain by overloading your nervous system do it down regulates. It really doesn’t fix anything.

Now what it could be doing is allowing you to move around more without pain, which could help with healing

Just thinking out loud but if it was a hit and run you probably qualify for victim services or whatever it's called but it would generally be a big pay out, pay for medical stuff, psw's, lost wages etc...I think even if the guy wasn't caught. I'd look into it. Also opiates and nsaids even naproxen and toredol will disturb sleep. Not sure if your taking anything
Yes Sir , low dose opiate Percocet , I’m thinking this is why the stomach irritated and I can’t go to the bathroom properly. I’m trying to stay to Tylenol and Advil rotated. My car still isn’t repaired and the insurance adjuster hasn’t even contacted me yet to look at it. SaltyDawg

Yes Sir , low dose opiate Percocet , I’m thinking this is why the stomach irritated and I can’t go to the bathroom properly. I’m trying to stay to Tylenol and Advil rotated. My car still isn’t repaired and the insurance adjuster hasn’t even contacted me yet to look at it. SaltyDawg
Percocets will probably effect your sleep too so I could imagine it'll get better as your script runs out

Oh and yea not just through insurance but through the pice if you filed charges you could get paid. Any victim of violence can get it if you had bodily harm not even just from car accidents. I never had it but knew some people who have. One person got like 15 grand for being stabbed and another person got run over and got 100 000

Take restoralax when you take opiates or you won’t poop. A cap full every day. You will not need extra fibre other than your diet. Actually fibre like Metamucil is not recommended while on opiates.

Restoralax is your friend.

Take restoralax when you take opiates or you won’t poop. A cap full every day. You will not need extra fibre other than your diet. Actually fibre like Metamucil is not recommended while on opiates.

Restoralax is your friend.
Thanks @Sorbate I didn’t think of that, I’ve been just trying to drink extra water trying to soften things up. SaltyDawg

Oh and yea not just through insurance but through the pice if you filed charges you could get paid. Any victim of violence can get it if you had bodily harm not even just from car accidents. I never had it but knew some people who have. One person got like 15 grand for being stabbed and another person got run over and got 100 000
Is an auto accident considered a victim of violence @Jerbear ?

Thanks @Sorbate I didn’t think of that, I’ve been just trying to drink extra water trying to soften things up. SaltyDawg
I had colon issues about 4 years ago, I know all the tricks, lol. Nice thing about restorlax is you don’t feel crappy using it, plus it’s so safe they give it to babies. I looked it up, you can take indefinatly without any issues.

I took it daily for a year.

start with 1/2 a cap, after a couple days if it hasn’t resolved up to 1 cap. Opoiates slow your digestion , which in turn your colon removes more of the water. Restorlax tricks your body into leaving more water. So it kinda balances out.

I had colon issues about 4 years ago, I know all the tricks, lol. Nice thing about restorlax is you don’t feel crappy using it, plus it’s so safe they give it to babies. I looked it up, you can take indefinatly without any issues.

I took it daily for a year.

start with 1/2 a cap, after a couple days if it hasn’t resolved up to 1 cap. Opoiates slow your digestion , which in turn your colon removes more of the water. Restorlax tricks your body into leaving more water. So it kinda balances out.
What was wrong with your colon @Sorbate

What was wrong with your colon @Sorbate
Diverticulosis, that evolved into multiple cases of diverticulitis where I was hospitalized to get IV antibiotics.
Pretty much what it is, is you push too hard to poop, damaging your colon (it was because I didn’t eat enough fibre and expected to poop like clockwork, so I made myself poop, not a good idea). Anyhow you get like little pouches (like when you squeeze a balloon) but they do not heal or go away, then food gets caught in there, starts to rot and then that starts to eat at your large colon wall. Then eventually it rips and you get an infection.

Once you have had enough infections you get a sizeable amount of scar tissue and since scar tissue cannot flex, you now have a difficult time pooping. The you start getting constant pain. For me it felt like I had a scab that was raw in the pelvis area inside my body. Like a open hole.

I used restorlax to soften my poo so I would pass it easier and reduce my pain, had to wait over a year for surgery.

They removed 10” of my colon and I am now completely fixed.

So I always recommend to take fibre or at least have proper bowel movements that do not involve extreme pushing.

Last edited:
Sorry for my absence in my log here, Myself and my kids got under the weather. Just really sick to our stomach, Sweats and I still have a pretty serious headache. I lost a few pounds couldn’t keep much down. But my eating is slowly coming up. Today I had kodiac strawberries and cream oatmeal, black coffee. Also plain tuna and brown rice and a Pepsi zero. Next was a plain chicken breast with rice and some cantaloupe. Been using the tens machine at home and the therapy staff came over and did massages we all had to mask up for that where we were sick. Did a little waking but heart rate would rise fast and I’d sweat. Huge Thank You to @Opti a kit of black tops arrived in my mailbox today . SaltyDawg