SaltyDawg’s Recovery Log

SaltyDawg

Trusted Member
Ok guys never did a log before not sure how to do it but I’ll jot things down daily as I progress. Today swelling is starting to subside in the legs. Moving around the house a little. The shoulder is the most painful and keeping me up at night. I’m currently using my regular vitamin and mineral protocol with increased calcium, magnesium and turmeric with glucosamine. Along with my regular TRT dose of test . SaltyDawg

Ok guys never did a log before not sure how to do it but I’ll jot things down daily as I progress. Today swelling is starting to subside in the legs. Moving around the house a little. The shoulder is the most painful and keeping me up at night. I’m currently using my regular vitamin and mineral protocol with increased calcium, magnesium and turmeric with glucosamine. Along with my regular TRT dose of test . SaltyDawg
Looking forward to seeing your progress, good luck bro, wish inf you a speedy recovery

So I’ve had a excellent day of eating, Increased my protein intake via lean red meat as well as extra chicken, Before bed I’ll be having a protein shake which will include whey protein isolate, 1/4 cup of oats 1 tbsp natural peanut butter 1 cup skim milk 1 scoop of protein. @Opti has graciously offered to send me some GH to aid recovery . When I receive that It will be incorporated into my recovery protocol. I’ve just taken my TRT shot of 150mg of Testosterone Cyp. Hoping to get a better sleep with the change in pain management protocol from my doctor. SaltyDawg

Today sleep was quite broken. Couldn’t get into a comfortable position. Dull aching in shoulder and rotator cuff. Was awake at 4:30am and again at 5:30am so I just decided to start my day. Had 2whole eggs and 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites, 2 slices of multigrain flax toast natural peanut butter black coffee. Managed a 12minute slow walk around my property. Later in the afternoon meal was a wrap made with a P2 wrap containing hummus, chicken breast , greens and peppers with fat free ranch and a bottle of water. Then went for a 16 minute slow walk around my property again I just go until things start to bother me. Entire shoulder and arm still have zero strength and excessively low mobility. SaltyDawg

Today sleep was quite broken. Couldn’t get into a comfortable position. Dull aching in shoulder and rotator cuff. Was awake at 4:30am and again at 5:30am so I just decided to start my day. Had 2whole eggs and 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites, 2 slices of multigrain flax toast natural peanut butter black coffee. Managed a 12minute slow walk around my property. Later in the afternoon meal was a wrap made with a P2 wrap containing hummus, chicken breast , greens and peppers with fat free ranch and a bottle of water. Then went for a 16 minute slow walk around my property again I just go until things start to bother me. Entire shoulder and arm still have zero strength and excessively low mobility. SaltyDawg
Keep moving, that is how I have always recovered quicker. Get the blood flowing to get nutrients in.
It’s great to hear you are keeping up your diet.
Hopefully you’ll get some good sleep soon. When I had my nerve issues, I stacked pillows in weird ways and lay on them, so a small one under my side, hips, and big one under my head, then my shoulder and arm was under no pressure.

Then eventually I used this 5’ tall stuffed Trex my grandson had, I could lay on it just right to get comfortable.

Keep moving, that is how I have always recovered quicker. Get the blood flowing to get nutrients in.
It’s great to hear you are keeping up your diet.
Hopefully you’ll get some good sleep soon. When I had my nerve issues, I stacked pillows in weird ways and lay on them, so a small one under my side, hips, and big one under my head, then my shoulder and arm was under no pressure.

Then eventually I used this 5’ tall stuffed Trex my grandson had, I could lay on it just right to get comfortable.
I’m having to stack pillows and place my shoulder and elbow on them and lay on my stomach to get come relief. But if I simply roll on my back leaving pillows and elbow same way just change in position makes the pain worse. SaltyDawg

Managed another 15 minute walk around my property, Had a protein shake skim milk, banana, oats and glutamine. Alternating between ice and heat on my shoulder area. I’m really excited to work with @Opti with the GH and see how much it speeds and aids in recovery. I don’t think I’ll be doing more walking today I don’t want to over do it. I plan on one more solid meal and a shake immediately before bed. SaltyDawg

@SaltyDawg
Fellow TeamBeatToShit here. Multiple MVA's and similar trauma, athletics injuries, multiple surgeries etc.
There are a million "important" things to be aware of during the climb back up.
Number one mistake I see is guys that don't take it seriously enough and slack off in physio and nutritional areas.
Treat it like a job, the most important job you ever had, I have friends who are still limping around from injuries 40 years ago because they only gave that stuff about 80%. I think they said "good enough" and moved on with the rest of life.

Rambling again , sorry. The real intent of this post was to say that there is a good chance you don't need to supplement the calcium. Can't say for sure without knowing a lot more about your diet obviously but I'd suggest you check it out. Calcium seems to be a thing that has a precious balance between enough and too much. Some serious implications to CV and Bone health.

"Hypercalcemia" - google term.

Thank You @gondar1, I appreciate that information on the calcium. I intend to rehab slowly and to the fullest extent . I still have many years in the gym left and I don’t want to jeopardize that. My diet is staying on point but am looking up best nutrition for healing injuries. I will be googling that term any and all information is good to be armed with. This log may not be as exciting as a gear log but it helps log progress and setbacks for me. SaltyDawg

Hey guys, So lastnight before bed I had a protein shake with 1 cup skim milk , 1 banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup oats and 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter and a single scoop of protein. Last night by far was the worst night for sleep and not sure why. I was in a good sleeping position but ended up in pain and sweating the whole night in pain . I didn’t want to take more pain medication as I don’t need an addiction on top of trying to heal up. Was up at 5:30 am took a 15 minute slow walk around my property. Had 2 whole eggs and 1/4 cup of whites 1 slice of flax toast and 3 strips of turkey bacon and 2 cups of black coffee. Did my usual vitamin and mineral protocol with the addition of 1 extra turmeric capsule. This caused a little stomach discomfort. Did some wrist curls and rotations with the 2.5 lb dumbbell don’t want to do too much in that aspect until physiotherapy is set up. SaltyDawg

Had another meal , Wrap with p2 wrap , lean beef and cooked peppers and spinach fat free cheese iced green tea sugar free. Walked the property for 18 minutes and did more wrist curls and twists with the 2.5 lb dumbbell. I start physiotherapy on Friday it’s been all set up. They said it will be very limited treatment as they are working around a fracture. Their concern for now is to stimulate healing of the rotator cuff. SaltyDawg

Morning @SaltyDawg - sorry if I missed the injuries or issues you have. Is there a thread that explains what issues you have? Been through a lot of injuries and healing with peptides, supplements, HGH, and other PED's. Would be happy to chime in but can't unless I know what is going on.
Regardless, hope you continue to improve. Injuries and getting older blows. I'm dealing with one that will be here for a few days - I can tell it isn't chronic but still it means taking another week off other than stretching and mobility exercises.

So for last night I had a better sleep and found a good sleeping position and managed the pain better so I got an extra hour and a half sleep. Feeling way better mentally with the extra sleep I was getting a little depressed. Woke up and had one kodiac protein pancake 2 strips of turkey bacon and 2 cups of black coffee. Did a 20 minute lap around my property came in and used the 2.5 lb dumbbell for wrist curls and rotations on the injured side just to keep it moving . Can’t do much more with the fracture. Sat and had a cup of green tea and I had a piece of delicious sweet and hot jerky thanks @Sorbate you all need to try this jerky amazing. Next plan is to heat and ice the area to try to stimulate blood flow and looking into a tens machine on Amazon. Anyone had experience with that Amazon ones please chime in. Does anyone have a go to for bac water ? Wife tried all our local pharmacies and they don’t carry it . They told her it’s not something they see much anymore and I need some . SaltyDawg