Reading Books

I also like reading Jack Higgins and Clive Cussler books when I'm in the mood for some lighter reading.

I like Higgins' character Dean Dillon and Cussler's character Dork Pitt. Good reading.

Edit the typo - its Dirk Pitt heheheheheh

If you had to interact with my family you'd understand it's the only way. They are emotional / mental terrorists, so need to be dealt with as such.

I only started reading the book 3 weeks ago so I still have a lot to learn. The last dinner I had with my family my mother ended up telling me to 'go fuck myself' and that she was glad she had other kids because I was a selfish asshole, and she says all this in front of my wife and kids, haha! Then she left the restaurant, leaving my father behind for me to drive him home, and the other guests at tables surrounding ours in shock at our interaction. This is typical, if it's not me it's my brother that locks horns. If not my mother, then my father. He likes to throw things and demean our intelligence... this was over a discussion about plans for X-mas holidays because I told her we also need to spend time with my in-laws so they can see my kids during X-mas too.

I was just a couple chapters into the book so I called her the next day: FM DJ voice, mirroring, labeling, etc... in 10 min she was my best friend and all the plans I need to put into place were a go, and on top of that she thinks it's all her idea.

I love them all, and I don't take any of it personally. It's that Eastern European blood, mixed with a lot of wine and scotch. Call it what you will. I love this book!

I didn’t mean it in a negative way. I am a great negotiator, am able to convey what I want and usually get my way when to come to interactions. I have rad a lot on this because I knew I woukdnedd it fir work dealingbwith suppliers, my management company. My butcher laughs, because our mangmebt company where I lease was demanding that I follow certain rules and I didn’t think they were acceptable, my butcher says, well who am I to think I’m gojng to tell the management company how they are going to run their building, anyhow I got what I wanted, he laughs and says, well only you would be able to get away with this. It’s an art and has taken me years and still something I am learning how to perfect.

I will read the book you suggested, might help to hone my skills. It’s the born salesmen in me, lol.

my pet peeve is when a author gets older and gets a ghostwriter to help him. And in some case he gets a few of them so he can churn out a lot of books. Now on the one hand I understand the need to make money. But these same authors I have bought and enjoyed their books for years. Now they land this big contract to churn out the books and sadly they are just not as good as the ones that where done when he wrote them himself.

Clive Cussler is one that does that and my fav author Wilbur Smith does it as well. Just a darn shame the books are not as good. Very disapointing.

my pet peeve is when a author gets older and gets a ghostwriter to help him. And in some case he gets a few of them so he can churn out a lot of books. Now on the one hand I understand the need to make money. But these same authors I have bought and enjoyed their books for years. Now they land this big contract to churn out the books and sadly they are just not as good as the ones that where done when he wrote them himself.

Clive Cussler is one that does that and my fav author Wilbur Smith does it as well. Just a darn shame the books are not as good. Very disapointing.

Wow, I never realized that Cussler had ghostwriters writing for him now. You would think their integrity as an author/artist would keep them from doing something like that - and its not like Cussler needs the money. Very disappointing to hear.

Just finished the Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell. Any one enjoy historical fiction, this trilogy is probably the best and most unusual tail of king Arthur ever. It skips the whole magic sword stuff and instead is a fictional story based on the probable historical facts...highly engaging and fun...plus some great battles. Flew threw all 3 books as i could not put them down...the character development is outstanding and the point of view is thought provoking especially about the Catholic Church and their ruthless impact on the period.

I love to read. I much perfer a actual book but have a kindle as well. I enjoy fiction. I have read every book written by Wilbur Smith. He writes historical fiction set in Africa. I also really enjoy the Jack Reacher series of books by Lee Child. I also read a lot on the internet. I cannot image a life without books :(

@The Old Guy your welcome to any book I have downloaded. Some I bought, some borrowed and some given to me by friends.

Did Wilbur SMith write a book called "Blue Horizon"??

When I was early 20's I was a private security guard for a shipping yard. Long long night shifts.. I used to read a lot during them.. One day on my way to work I forgot a book, so I went to local gas station and just picked up the thickest book they had. That was a the book. Decent book

To go back to the original post..

I used to read a LOT when I was younger. I had and read nearly every Farley Mowat book there is. Even ones out of print I have. Those type of wilderness, native american, trapping books lead me to read more survival type books..

As an adult when I have time to read I like to google "100 books everyone must read" or "100 all time greatest books" or "100 classic books".. Then I pick a book off these lists and order it from amazon... Picking books this way forces you out of your usual genre and interests.. Some of my favorite books came from googling these lists. It's always nice to read a book off that's known as a absolute classic as well.

Did Wilbur SMith write a book called "Blue Horizon"??

When I was early 20's I was a private security guard for a shipping yard. Long long night shifts.. I used to read a lot during them.. One day on my way to work I forgot a book, so I went to local gas station and just picked up the thickest book they had. That was a the book. Decent book

yes and it is a very good one,. its part of a mini series. you should read the others, they get better and better the more you learn the characters

yes and it is a very good one,. its part of a mini series. you should read the others, they get better and better the more you learn the characters

I didnt; know it was a series.. Honestly I just picked it up beecause it was the thickest and would last a couple shifts lol.. I didn't think I'd end up liking it as much as I did. Whats the series called?

I still have blue horizon somewhere in a box of stuff from 10-15 years ago.

I read only when on a train between my country and England (the trip takes about two hours). Usually something about health (the last one I bought is "How not to die" I haven't finished it yet) or about cats behavior (fascinating).

I’m really into Clive Barker right now. Read Imajica first, then The Hellbound Heart which became the Hellraiser movie. Now I’m reading Cabal which became the Nightbreed movie.
I plan to read everything he’s done eventually.

I’m really into Clive Barker right now. Read Imajica first, then The Hellbound Heart which became the Hellraiser movie. Now I’m reading Cabal which became the Nightbreed movie.
I plan to read everything he’s done eventually.

Having lived the horror of multiple marriages, horror is to tame for me

Just finished Scar Tissue it was god but gets a bit repetitive.

Just starting to read Clint Eastwood’s bio, and also downloaded Eric Clapton’s

I read only when on a train between my country and England (the trip takes about two hours). Usually something about health (the last one I bought is "How not to die" I haven't finished it yet) or about cats behavior (fascinating).
@millenium girl i was going to order how not to die, but i didn't know if it was just a recipe book. i've been a fan of dr. greger (if we're talking about the same 'How Not To Die') for over 10 years.

was it a good read?