Quitting Nicotine Accountability Thread.

Don't smoke or vape. The relationship thing was just justifying smoking.
Only way to truly quit is just quit.

Or you can do what I did for a decade. Only smoke once a week. This way every time you get a craving you tell your body, it has to wait till smoking day, lol.
It did actually make me feel better and helped me but I definitely didn't need it. Just kind of wrong timing a bit but that's how it gets you. I think I'm alright vaping as a single tank is about equal to a single cigarette. I may be wrong but I'm enjoying it. I am tapering down basically but going this weekend without it and maybe further. Thank you for the support.

Yep,you will withdraw.
might sweat, get a bit moody and not sleep great but it won’t be as bad as when you first quit.

anyhow dont smoke
Thanks brother yea I feel like shit from it tomorrow I'm done for sure lol

I gave away my vape on a hard day and then the day got harder and then I woke up being eaten by ants and then woke back up later in a panic wanting my vape so I used some nicotine lozenges we can get for free in Canada from a Pharmacy on the smoking cessation plan.

If I can get through not vaping or smoking like this surrounded by smokers then I'll be good.

I'm on the 2mg lozenges right now. Kind of squirrelly in the mornings about not being able to have a cig. Its kind of like getting used to a different life. Takes a few months before you can really enjoy mornings the same way if you go cold turkey. These lozenges can be quite addicting too if you take too many.

How goes it now? I'm in the same boat...... Can't tell you the number of days as I don't remember nor care. It's one day at a time and that is what matters. I do take the patch and yes the mornings can have a quick twinge but as soon as I remember that "hey, I don't smoke" that goes away. If that doesn't work I do have other tools I use to get out of my head, that is where the problem really is LOL

How goes it now? I'm in the same boat...... Can't tell you the number of days as I don't remember nor care. It's one day at a time and that is what matters. I do take the patch and yes the mornings can have a quick twinge but as soon as I remember that "hey, I don't smoke" that goes away. If that doesn't work I do have other tools I use to get out of my head, that is where the problem really is LOL
I tried to lower the nicotine content in my vape too quickly. I was able to go from 9mg to 3mg and then 3mg to 1.5mg without more than a few days of discomfort. I tried lowering down to 1.0mg and as always allowed myself to vape longer to adjust. It was a mistake and I really should of played the slow game and let my body finish withdrawing from the higher content which takes six to eight weeks or I just say 2 months to be safe. So I went back up to 2.5-3.0 mg and loved it for a week. I moved back down to 1.25-1.5mg and it's a really great level to be at for myself.

I think by the end of August I will able to lower down to 1.0mg without discomfort as my body will finally not be recovering or withdrawing from the original 6mg or cigs.

I never ever vape and smoke together. Its always one or the other and I never make an excuse or see vaping as just as bad because it's no where near the same but it is still most definitely really unhealthy.

Smoking is one of the most bizarre things to have been normalized by society. Drinking also is marketed towards us and people do exactly what those companies want. Come home have a few beer and watch hockey or go out on weekends and drink because that's what we're supposed to do despite it making people fat, get stomach cancer (leading cause of stomach cancer), spend money and prevent them from finding true happiness. I mean it's better than being bored if you're not willing to work on being happier but it's a depressant and affects hormonal levels so you're not going to be truly happy drinking every second day, well I've never once seen it...

I tried to lower the nicotine content in my vape too quickly. I was able to go from 9mg to 3mg and then 3mg to 1.5mg without more than a few days of discomfort. I tried lowering down to 1.0mg and as always allowed myself to vape longer to adjust. It was a mistake and I really should of played the slow game and let my body finish withdrawing from the higher content which takes six to eight weeks or I just say 2 months to be safe. So I went back up to 2.5-3.0 mg and loved it for a week. I moved back down to 1.25-1.5mg and it's a really great level to be at for myself.

I think by the end of August I will able to lower down to 1.0mg without discomfort as my body will finally not be recovering or withdrawing from the original 6mg or cigs.

I never ever vape and smoke together. Its always one or the other and I never make an excuse or see vaping as just as bad because it's no where near the same but it is still most definitely really unhealthy.

Smoking is one of the most bizarre things to have been normalized by society. Drinking also is marketed towards us and people do exactly what those companies want. Come home have a few beer and watch hockey or go out on weekends and drink because that's what we're supposed to do despite it making people fat, get stomach cancer (leading cause of stomach cancer), spend money and prevent them from finding true happiness. I mean it's better than being bored if you're not willing to work on being happier but it's a depressant and affects hormonal levels so you're not going to be truly happy drinking every second day, well I've never once seen it...
Smoking was the worst habit I ever did. But when I was young the losers didn’t smoke, lol. Pretty much everyone did.
I’m glad I’m done with that, and cold Turkey is the only way. Best way to do it is to laugh at yourself when you are fuzzy headed and stupid from the lack of nicotine.
I only drink to get drunk, so I have no interest in having a couple. It’s 6-12 beer or nothing.

Smoking was the worst habit I ever did. But when I was young the losers didn’t smoke, lol. Pretty much everyone did.
I’m glad I’m done with that, and cold Turkey is the only way. Best way to do it is to laugh at yourself when you are fuzzy headed and stupid from the lack of nicotine.
I only drink to get drunk, so I have no interest in having a couple. It’s 6-12 beer or nothing.
I don't understand how cold turkey is the only way when that lowers your chances at being successful at quitting any addiction from something like below 20% to -5%. I've seen a lot of people stay in other addictions longer because of that and also I've seen smokers not quit because there is no middle ground. It might be the preferable way for people to try and it does work for some but it's not the only way. I know you probably were referring to yourself and it's your opinion which is all good but I wanted to make that statement.

If a person is given the gift of desperation cold turkey is absolutely a good way to go. Ask anyone in a 12 step program that are happy, joyous and free and I'm pretty sure they will agree with this statement ;)

Edit: Changed to "a good way to go" sorry. It's not "the" way to go. My bad

Last edited:
I don't understand how cold turkey is the only way when that lowers your chances at being successful at quitting any addiction from something like below 20% to -5%. I've seen a lot of people stay in other addictions longer because of that and also I've seen smokers not quit because there is no middle ground. It might be the preferable way for people to try and it does work for some but it's not the only way. I know you probably were referring to yourself and it's your opinion which is all good but I wanted to make that statement.
Yea everyone's different. Cold turkey never worked for me I go nuts and bad withdraws lol. To each their own for sure

If a person is given the gift of desperation cold turkey is absolutely the way to go. Ask anyone in a 12 step program that are happy, joyous and free and I'm pretty sure they will agree with this statement ;)
Except people addicted to opiates where saboczone or methadone can be helpful but yea if you can go cold turkey do it. I couldn't though I found the patch helped a lot.

Like when you train, you go all in or don’t no half assing.
Plus its only really difficult for the first 3 weeks, then after that its way easier.
Just trust me, I’ve done it all, gum, the patch, all the aids. Until you tell your brain you are in charge and just do it, you won’t quit.

For various reasons, I have found 12-step programs to be over-rated. They do a lot of good for some people but stand-alone not so much. I'm not saying not

5% make it 5yrs is true. Yes the VAST majority of the newcomers drop out in the first year. It is a painful process dealing with getting honest with myself, very painful at times and distasteful.

Not given is the percentage of people who actively work with newcomers and sponsees- 75%. There is a reason(s) for this high percentage ;)