Question? Why did everyone on this forum choose lifting/ bodybuilding rather than saying boxing or basketball

Used to play hockey growing up, and was pretty good at it. Although after puberty, all the guys shot up in height, and I stayed at only 5'6''. So as a defenceman, with short legs, I fell behind the curve of high tier hockey. So I started lifting :)

i thought athletics was for stupid people as a kid. followed some friends to the gym. after maybe 4 month of absolutely not knowing what i was doing, they challenged me to try to press 225. did it 3 time. i liked it and diet and training became my new study and i was the guinea pig. its opened the way to other athletic ventures. now i do it for mental health. dont know how sedate people get through life.

Reactions: PGM
I am glad lifting boosted your confidence and got you laid more. I thinks doing something really intensely like lifting will always boost your confidence

I tell you ... if you have quite a bit of muscle and you are ripped, the women notice, and they are all over you. I think I mentioned I trained and competed in BB for 2 years. I was big already especially in the back traps thighs and ham strings due to all the squatting and deadlifts I did when I was powerlifting. After I did my first show everyone noticed me as I did very well, especially the women, and I was 52. You definitely can get laid a lot easier when your physique looks real good. I was married so I never took advantage of that but they started hitting on me at the gym quite a bit.
That is the truth. Some will tell you they don’t like muscles, but it’s a lie, lol.
A little over 2 years ago before my colon surgery and nerve issues, I was in great shape, single digit bodyfat not huge but built bigger than average and I got attention.
The day I realized I was looking good for 46 was after my massage, I had forgot my keys in the shop (my shop is next door to the massage place) anyhow everyone went home and locked the door. I had no keys to get home, so I ask the girl behind the counter if I could borrow the phone to call my wife, 3 late 40’s woman tried to out volunteer each other to drive me home, lol.
First thing I thought of was my wife, she has always gotten hit on like this all the time. So much she doesn’t even notice anymore. It made me feel pretty cool.
Oh and there was the meat maid that was 17 years younger that was trying to bang me, lol.
That was the end of my tren days, the memories.

But yes having a decent body makes a huge difference in the bar when I was younger. That where the gift of gab and a ripped midsection rules, lol.

Tren is a wild, horny, sociopathic and wonderful roller coaster. I'm surprised you didn't try to fuck the counter directly and skip the middle man (or Meat Maid, hah)
No, I just stood on the roof of my garage, with my cock in my hand, howling at the moon, lol.
Then the squirrels came along to see what the hell was happening, and I realized they blow up when you fuck them.

No, I just stood on the roof of my garage, with my cock in my hand, howling at the moon, lol.
Then the squirrels came along to see what the hell was happening, and I realized they blow up when you fuck them.
Not if you duct tape them up first.
Posting for a friend.

my reason is because at 14 i was 5'11" and 110 pounds. I started bodybuilding to compete with friends and impress women. Women like guys who are in shape. FACT. The reason why i didn't choose basketball is because this is Canada and basketball is literally the most boring sport ever. If you don't need a helmet and pads its not a sport its a game. FACT. I played hockey instead and it was fun but unless your a pro it ends too. Being in shape was always part of hockey so i just kept going at it. Even Hockey got boring eventually. The last Canadian team to win was montreal 1993.

i lifted to help me in sports...hockey and football. I was a goon. Pretty good at being a goon too. Now I lift because I enjoy it and it gives me an advantage over people who don’t...

What got me started was the the dopamine rush. Used to party to hard for to many years, started really playing a toll on my body and mind once I was finally able to break free of that lifestyle I was left feeling pretty dull, not to much was exciting for me, nothing was really giving me that feel good rush, spent alot of time convincing myself I dont need drugs and alcohol to have fun but it sure didn't "feel" that way. Started lifting and getting those feel good feelings back and just never stopped.

What got me started was the the dopamine rush. Used to party to hard for to many years, started really playing a toll on my body and mind once I was finally able to break free of that lifestyle I was left feeling pretty dull, not to much was exciting for me, nothing was really giving me that feel good rush, spent alot of time convincing myself I dont need drugs and alcohol to have fun but it sure didn't "feel" that way. Started lifting and getting those feel good feelings back and just never stopped.
You will never have the same type of fun without drugs and alcohol, but you will live a better life, be farther ahead and likely live longer.
I never regret my old party days, but I wouldn’t want to go back, even if I’m bored sometimes. 😏

My answers falls somewhere in between between being motivated by a history of family obesity on one side and heart disease on the other side, and being sick of being called lanky even though I was relatively fit already.

Those things were the initial motivation, but now it’s the stress relief of lifting weights and enjoying the way I look. Just continually striving for improvement. My family also has a history of addictive personalities, so I’ve tried to focus that on a positive outlet.

because just for once in my life i want to be that handsome, well-built stallion, emerges from a lake, shaking his majestic mane left and right under the radiance of sun, hopefully being ridden by a fair maiden toward that beautiful sunset...

in all seriousness...grew up as a chubby kid got called all kinda names. even though as getting older people don't critic much (at least less upfront), negativity caught up eventually and decided to make a change. Started workout cuz it's a sport that focuses on changing body image.

Now stress relief and health benefits > appearance
(also, as someone who works in healthcare, wouldn't want to tell people to lose weight while I look like a bloating pig - credibility issue).