needle size? point of injection?

My first cycle I used 21 guage. My buddy who helped me assumed I knew to swap to a smaller size. I don’t even change needles, so stopper my thigh.
So like 6 weeks in I ask him if it always sucks to inject. When I tell him what I’m doing he called me a dumbass, lol.
been doing this for 40 yrs, used all kinds of sizes 20 g x 1 is the best fit for me very little injection pain or pip if you know what your doing , you like subq and im not a fan of that method to each his own I guess

Have you ever had any issues with the shallow IM ? I use 27ga 1/2" on my delts, but I did my legs a few times and got slight bruising like yellow color. My legs are quite lean too. I can see veins. I always figured they were not deep enough and went back to 1"
A couple times it left a bump and maybe a bruise but 99% of them are fine. These shots are 1/2ml max. If im going more i just use 25g 1 inch
I get more bumps and redness from aas sub q shots.

been doing this for 40 yrs, used all kinds of sizes 20 g x 1 is the best fit for me very little injection pain or pip if you know what your doing , you like subq and im not a fan of that method to each his own I guess
I agree. This is a personal preference. If your really concerned about needle pain, slin needles probably will be the best to choose.as these I don't feel anything when they go in ( hcg, M2, hgh injections). if your not concerned with a little injection pain and pip then you can use various gauges of needles. I use between 23g - 25g and mostly I do not get any injection pain as long as I go straight in .don't hit anything where I am injecting ( a nerve etc). I do thighs mostly cause I can sit down and relax my legs and they are easy to get at as they are in front of me.. Length I use is 1 inch down to 5/8's. Most of my workouts cause me significant more discomfort than pinning, so mentally it's not a big deal. I have done glutes as the needle goes in like a hot knife through butter, however I have a hard time reaching that location so I don't do it anymore.

I only inject in my delts and never an issue with the 27 g 1/2 . Never tried it on legs. If you were super lean I think the ventral glute may be a candidate?

I agree. This is a personal preference. If your really concerned about needle pain, slin needles probably will be the best to choose.as these I don't feel anything when they go in ( hcg, M2, hgh injections). if your not concerned with a little injection pain and pip then you can use various gauges of needles. I use between 23g - 25g and mostly I do not get any injection pain as long as I go straight in .don't hit anything where I am injecting ( a nerve etc). I do thighs mostly cause I can sit down and relax my legs and they are easy to get at as they are in front of me.. Length I use is 1 inch down to 5/8's. Most of my workouts cause me significant more discomfort than pinning, so mentally it's not a big deal. I have done glutes as the needle goes in like a hot knife through butter, however I have a hard time reaching that location so I don't do it anymore.
I hate when I do a glute shot and the needle isn’t the sharpest (you know sometimes they just suck) and it burns like a fucker as you push thru the skin, lol.

I hate when I do a glute shot and the needle isn’t the sharpest (you know sometimes they just suck) and it burns like a fucker as you push thru the skin, lol.

Reminds me of another small tip for @Bobrebooted - after you swab with alcohol make sure it dries completely. First of that is correct sterile procedure and secondly it can sting if you drag some alcohol in with the pin.

Reminds me of another small tip for @Bobrebooted - after you swab with alcohol make sure it dries completely. First of that is correct sterile procedure and secondly it can sting if you drag some alcohol in with the pin.
I don’t swab. I inject out of the shower in the morning.
‘but I have not let it dry completely before, that sucks also.

I use 25g on a 1mL syringe. I really like these little 1mL syringes. The last time I filled my TRT script the pharmacy had given me 10mL syringes (for my 70mg prescription). I will save those for to baste the Thanksgiving turkey.

Did my injection this morning, used the same size (25g x 1) into my right thigh. Couldn't find smaller needles where I live and since that was only my third stab, I wasn't comfortable trying a new location. Actually, my partner has been doing them because I'm a pussy. Anyways, this one was smooth as butter, zero pain at all. I might order 30g x 1in online though, just to give it a go

I do mine in the upper arm. Same place you would get a normal needle. I get it twice a week and don’t feel a thing or have any pain

i swab the spot before i even start filling the barrel. Then i heat the barrel, switch pins and inject

Did my injection this morning, used the same size (25g x 1) into my right thigh. Couldn't find smaller needles where I live and since that was only my third stab, I wasn't comfortable trying a new location. Actually, my partner has been doing them because I'm a pussy. Anyways, this one was smooth as butter, zero pain at all. I might order 30g x 1in online though, just to give it a go
25 is just fine. You’ll have to push like hell to get the oil out of a 3cc barrel with a 30 gauge needle.

I have never had this happen lol. I look forward to this happening in the future so I can experience what have :)

I use a 1/2" 30ga insulin syringe, it draws a little slow but it's worth it. I do delts, quads, glutes. Sometimes the delts get a little itchiness for a day or 2 but the rest are smooth.