needle size? point of injection?

Bobrebooted

Trusted Member
I have a question for all the experts here. I posted awhile back regarding my inability to handle a needle, ridiculous phobia, but it's real. Unfortunately after 3 months of cream with zero results to show for it, doc has decided injections are what I need. My question is, what size needles are you all using, and where are you finding the best place to inject? My partner has given me my first two shots this week. The first one was in my right thigh and it wasn't bad at all. Tonight we decided to go in the same location on the left thigh because I still had a bit of tenderness from the first. This one was a hell of a lot more painful, to the point I involuntarily twitched and she pulled the syringe out. We went at it again, and did get my injection done, but I was a bit messed up after. Keep in mind they lay me down for bloodwork lol. I was told to use an 18g for withdrawl, and 25g by 1inch for injection. Any pointers? Shot 1 was a piece of cake, Shot 2 made me not want to go through this forever lol

Needle choice is fine. Glutes and lats only for me. Ive hit all the spots but, those 2 never cause me an issue ever.

20 g in quads only because I cant twist around to do glutes, like a nail going in but wtf quick and gets the job done, delts with water based

How much are you injecting?

If you have a needle phobia go to 27g 1" or even use 29-31g 0.5" insulin syringes and inject in your delts or push deep on your glutes.

25g is beyond unnecessary for a TRT dose. You're moving what, half an ml at a time depending on the dosage. It's not like you're pushing 2mls plus at a time and need to get deep/inject faster.

Simply backload the Insulin syringes. I use 31s for my cruise with zero issue. You literally won't even feel them. Just takes about 10s to Inject. I feel like the old 25g 1-1.5" minimum standard is a out dated.

I use 1.1/4 needles in the glute. Divide your butt cheek into four perfect squares and pick the top far right side square. I jam er in deep as far as she'll go plus I push the fat in too. Maybe over kill but I usually like a little pain that way I know I hit the muscle.

How much are you injecting?

If you have a needle phobia go to 27g 1" or even use 29-31g 0.5" insulin syringes and inject in your delts or push deep on your glutes.

25g is beyond unnecessary for a TRT dose. You're moving what, half an ml at a time depending on the dosage. It's not like you're pushing 2mls plus at a time and need to get deep/inject faster.

Simply backload the Insulin syringes. I use 31s for my cruise with zero issue. You literally won't even feel them. Just takes about 10s to Inject. I feel like the old 25g 1-1.5" minimum standard is a out dated.
I'm injecting 0.4ml twice a week

Honestly for that much you should just get started on sub q shots and slin pins
@Bobrebooted I agree 100% with the suggestion of either subq or IM shots with a slinpin (insulin syringe) especially in your situation.

I personally use a 1cc 28.5 ga 5/8 inch setup pretty much year round. Subq shots can go anywhere their is a bit of slightly loose skin. I like the area at the front and top of my thigh, almost the hip, or near the crease where the leg and crotch meet. Some places may be a bit irritable, for example Sorbate has some issues with the lower abdomen but it's all very individual so you'd have to experiment.

I've done long runs of subq but most of the time I do IM shots with the same setup. I'm lean enough that I can do that anywhere other than my ass but I usually rotate down one side of my body then the other - Delt, tricep, ventro glute and calf. I push the needle in enough to dimple the skin slightly. Rotating so as not to "ruin" any spot is very important. Also may use other delt heads, pecs, biceps etc.

All of those are usually completely painless to the point of not even feeling the prick, the exception being the calf which can be a problem for most guys. Sometimes it's sensitive and will leave me with a dull ache. So calves and biceps may be ones to avoid for you as bi's can be a bit tricky.

BTW I mostly use the slin pin even when on cycle doses, I'd rather inject small painless volume daily than large volume less often, just my preference.

Lots of other threads here about injection technique and sites too if you search, good luck.

20 g in quads only because I cant twist around to do glutes, like a nail going in but wtf quick and gets the job done, delts with water based
My first cycle I used 21 guage. My buddy who helped me assumed I knew to swap to a smaller size. I don’t even change needles, so stopper my thigh.
So like 6 weeks in I ask him if it always sucks to inject. When I tell him what I’m doing he called me a dumbass, lol.

@Bobrebooted I agree 100% with the suggestion of either subq or IM shots with a slinpin (insulin syringe) especially in your situation.

I personally use a 1cc 28.5 ga 5/8 inch setup pretty much year round. Subq shots can go anywhere their is a bit of slightly loose skin. I like the area at the front and top of my thigh, almost the hip, or near the crease where the leg and crotch meet. Some places may be a bit irritable, for example Sorbate has some issues with the lower abdomen but it's all very individual so you'd have to experiment.

I've done long runs of subq but most of the time I do IM shots with the same setup. I'm lean enough that I can do that anywhere other than my ass but I usually rotate down one side of my body then the other - Delt, tricep, ventro glute and calf. I push the needle in enough to dimple the skin slightly. Rotating so as not to "ruin" any spot is very important. Also may use other delt heads, pecs, biceps etc.

All of those are usually completely painless to the point of not even feeling the prick, the exception being the calf which can be a problem for most guys. Sometimes it's sensitive and will leave me with a dull ache. So calves and biceps may be ones to avoid for you as bi's can be a bit tricky.

BTW I mostly use the slin pin even when on cycle doses, I'd rather inject small painless volume daily than large volume less often, just my preference.

Lots of other threads here about injection technique and sites too if you search, good luck.
I still havn’t done that area in the top,of your thigh hip. I just havn’t got the balls yet. If it did ache all day, it would suck at work.

agreed on slin pins for that much oil. Takes longer to load but who cares. Use a 27g 1/2 inch and do shallow IM shots
That is the size I use and it’s the best in my opinion. It injects way quicker than a 29 g and it has no pain .

agreed on slin pins for that much oil. Takes longer to load but who cares. Use a 27g 1/2 inch and do shallow IM shots
Have you ever had any issues with the shallow IM ? I use 27ga 1/2" on my delts, but I did my legs a few times and got slight bruising like yellow color. My legs are quite lean too. I can see veins. I always figured they were not deep enough and went back to 1"