My first experiences with testosterone

Alright sweet, I'll start here!

So I'm currently 25 years old, 6 foot 2 and about 215lbs. I started this journey when I was 15 years old 252lbs 6 foot. Fat as ever.

My mother was a natural, competitive bodybuilder and showed me Body for life. I dropped weight down to 184 by the time I was 18 and then got more serious into the lifting and eating, and got up to 228lbs of some pretty big, natural swollen muscles, chest was big, tris were bigger and my legs were monsters from constant snowboarding, gifted leg genetics and going hard on leg days always.

Then I fell ill, had to do cyclaphosphomide and prednisone at high doses and totally fell off the train for about 6 years. Having reached a low weight of 164lbs near dead from the drugs they put me on, I was skinny as ever and depleted. So once I healed up from that crap, I spoke to a personal national level bodybuilder for training splits, diet plans and PEDS.

In the first 5 or 6 months I gained about 20 pounds of muscle and lost some fat. Excellent, but compared to before I knew something was up. I was also extra emotional after the chemo, crying over my dog breaking a flower type thing, feeling bad for everyone and lethargic.

I spoke to my doctor and trainer, and got some hormone blood work done, turns out my test levels were sitting at 315ng/dl (I'm used to this measurement system from my own personal research) this explains a few things.... this is about 15 points above the docs limit for an actual trt dose but my doc said go do it at home lol.

So I turned to my trainer and we started my on SYN testosterone cypionate 250mg twice a week. Everything in my life changed, I was back to bugging the for some bedroom time wife 5 times a day again not once a week, my motivation for making money and getting everything done was back, my pumps in the gym were coming in with a vengeance.

i followed my training and supplement protocol to a tee and put my weight up to 210lbs at about 18% body fat. This bulk was going great, waste slimming right out, man boobs turning into rock hard pecs. This was the ultimate, but life prevails and my wife's father died, so we had to drop everything and make a trip. This trip as dumb as it sounds was stressful enough to have brought back my illness and they popped me back on prednisone and gotta start the chemo pille again, but once i lower the prednisone i can get back to training on the chemo pills as they are gentle. I know testosterone was given to people on this specific chemo pill to reduce the muscle wasting and keep your swimmers alive.

So I'm starting to explore more testosterone options other than Syn, and cypionate. forgive me if this isn't allowed but I wanted to mention, I found a site that I won't mention the name of, and one of my buddies gets from them regularly and he's pretty big. So I ordered from them cause as much as I love my trainer it just feels harsh paying 100$ a vial for syn when I see it online for about 60-70, just haven't had any trust worthy looking enough to buy.

So I try this new stuff, its Test Ethanate 250mg from Teragon Labs. I do .6ml twice a week and about to switch to .4ml, 3 times a week cause I'm noticing some hot flashes and acne on the shoudlers figured it might help the peaks. But HOLY CRAP!!! This stuff F'N HURTS I'm talking 3 days of limping, swollen site, I read that there's benzyl benzoate on the label....

not sure if this is usual and kinda wanted to ask some of you if you've had this, should I be worried? Go back to syn? Syn never hurt like this I have to say hahaha

but yeah I just started today on the .4ml every other day and I want to get back into the groove of training, lose this fat the prednisone gave me and optimize my health. I figure joining a proper forum with more knowledgeable people will be a massive help in my journey, info has been kinda choppy out there.

I'm excited to finally be in a position where I can actually have enough time and dedicate myself fully to fitness. Snowboarding is massive to me and getting my thunder thighs, and all those ligaments trained up for it has been my biggest goal, becoming a greek statue is also my goal dont get me wrong i take this seriously. I went and bought a bunch of boards, a pass at the local bodybuilding gym and filled my freezer with chicken and frozen Broccoli and went to work. I'm very happy with how far I've come, I've always been a fast muscle builder, and seeing the results from doing everything in schedule and proper had been an insane difference in growth and speed. And I figure that's about all I gotta say about that :) thanks for reading

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to when you post "My first experience with paragraph breaks" ;)

That's a little joke but seriously, not even gonna attempt to read that without migraine medicine on hand. Please don't be offended, just hoping to help you get some engagement. You may wish to make use of the edit button.

Welcome aboard.

First, I personally wouldnt use Teragon or Northern. I had an old friend who purchased from one of the 2 sites that sell those labs (last summer 2023) and he got the same thing. Super insane cystic acne and pip for days. He got it from there as we had a mild falling out over his spastic actions while juicing his brains out and cannot ever take accountability for it so he couldnt order through me or any of the labs I go with.

Second! Switch labs ir go back to Syn and hopefully it clears ups. Unfortunately for my old mate his acne didnt clear and he needed accutane Rx as the pimples were ruining his tattoos.

Best of luck.

Morning,
Thanks for sharing your story. Your doctor told you to go do it at home? He/she was willing to jeopardize their medical license vs. requesting a second run with bloods because you are right at the border of being able to get a script? Not many docs will tell you to take something that can result in multiple negative side effects and has to be purchased from a non pharmaceutical source. They can't even recommend supplements they know work albeit some do if they are known to be benign. Vets will but doctors won't - difference between animals and humans.
I would have pushed it down a little lower which you should be able to do, and ask for a retest in a month and get a TRT script or go to a TRT clinic. Regardless - you clearly like SYN and it is known to be a good brand and has a good reputation. I have never used Terragon but haven't read a lot of good reviews and strangely enough it is popular in this Province but people complain of PIP all the time when you really shouldn't have any from Test E or C.
I am not a doctor but I had no idea that adding testosterone which will inevitably reduce your swimmers, if not induce azoospermia somehow protects your swimmers. Did your doctor tell you that? I would think it would make it worse but I don't understand how the two mix. For example TRT over an extended period of time gave me azoospermia.
Don't take my questions as eluding to you making something up, it is me being inquisitive.
Welcome to the board and being so open with your story.
GR

I'm looking forward to when you post "My first experience with paragraph breaks" ;)

That's a little joke but seriously, not even gonna attempt to read that without migraine medicine on hand. Please don't be offended, just hoping to help you get some engagement. You may wish to make use of the edit button.

Welcome aboaboard
Thanks cosmic!!! No offense taken, I edited so hopefully your migrane medicine can stay in the cupboard hahaha I appreciate the tips ;)

First, I personally wouldnt use Teragon or Northern. I had an old friend who purchased from one of the 2 sites that sell those labs (last summer 2023) and he got the same thing. Super insane cystic acne and pip for days. He got it from there as we had a mild falling out over his spastic actions while juicing his brains out and cannot ever take accountability for it so he couldnt order through me or any of the labs I go with.

Second! Switch labs ir go back to Syn and hopefully it clears ups. Unfortunately for my old mate his acne didnt clear and he needed accutane Rx as the pimples were ruining his tattoos.

Best of luck.
Wow if this is a pattern imma switch it up for sure. Yeah getting spastic happens, but not owning up to it or letting it get outta hand doesn't get you too far. Unfortunate for his tattoos.

Syn is expensive, so I'll see what else I can find. I don't want to use accutane, my acne is quite mild as I just started using it but my roommate loves the stuff so he can buy little order off me hahaha

Thanks for the tips and reply cosmic

Morning,
Thanks for sharing your story. Your doctor told you to go do it at home? He/she was willing to jeopardize their medical license vs. requesting a second run with bloods because you are right at the border of being able to get a script? Not many docs will tell you to take something that can result in multiple negative side effects and has to be purchased from a non pharmaceutical source. They can't even recommend supplements they know work albeit some do if they are known to be benign. Vets will but doctors won't - difference between animals and humans.
I would have pushed it down a little lower which you should be able to do, and ask for a retest in a month and get a TRT script or go to a TRT clinic. Regardless - you clearly like SYN and it is known to be a good brand and has a good reputation. I have never used Terragon but haven't read a lot of good reviews and strangely enough it is popular in this Province but people complain of PIP all the time when you really shouldn't have any from Test E or C.
I am not a doctor but I had no idea that adding testosterone which will inevitably reduce your swimmers, if not induce azoospermia somehow protects your swimmers. Did your doctor tell you that? I would think it would make it worse but I don't understand how the two mix. For example TRT over an extended period of time gave me azoospermia.
Don't take my questions as eluding to you making something up, it is me being inquisitive.
Welcome to the board and being so open with your story.
GR
She and I have a long outstanding patient/doctor relationship, she told me to tell her what I'm taking when I start, same with supplements I kept going back adding stuff to my list, asking permissiong so to speak.

After some time of this she sat me down and said listen, you are going to have to do this as a sort of experiment because you want to do this and I can't advise you to. But you tell me and we can record it all and add to the database of info for other doctors to read about. A case study sort of thing. I have an autoimmune disorder so that's why it's something un treaded territory, and they are willing to work with me completely. It's been a long 6 Years to say the least hahaha. She told me it'd be best to get a prescription from a trt clinic but if I wanted to do it at home just go ahead.

She was one of the docs to tell me about cyclophosphamide, it's something they personally would only run while I'm doing the chemo, and then carry on for a month or two afterwards before getting someone off of it. This would be considering that their test levels will return to normal or were normal before treatment. My last doctor never made this aware to me my first time so I totally lost all my test production and killed my fertility for the most part. But hey none of this bothers me, I'm just stoked to be here hahaha

I'm not sure what azoospermia is, but I'll do a little research right now. I appreciate your questions and reply, thanks for the welcome golden :)

My brother did a couple cycles, and the injection site pain was significantly different between different vials from different sellers even though it was the same drug. He figured it must have been a reaction to the different carrier oils used. One he used swelled up like a boob on his butt and was hard and hot.

If you like the drug, maybe try a different batch from a different seller.

Wow if this is a pattern imma switch it up for sure. Yeah getting spastic happens, but not owning up to it or letting it get outta hand doesn't get you too far. Unfortunate for his tattoos.

Syn is expensive, so I'll see what else I can find. I don't want to use accutane, my acne is quite mild as I just started using it but my roommate loves the stuff so he can buy little order off me hahaha

Thanks for the tips and reply cosmic
Over time the acne will subside as you body adapts to the extra androgens, well at least that is what happened to me.
I will trade a couple of zits to feel great any day of the week.

SYN isn't expensive per se and what your trainer charged is about the going rate for a reseller that carries a decent product. IMO if the SYN was smooth stick with that cuz 250 test should be pain free.

Also just a heads up most members here are not fans of websites or social media to procure product.
Ok sweet, yeah I couldn't find any other prices on SYN besides sketchy websites that were saying 60 a vial.

He's a good rep, amazing trainer i just figured I would try something new. And so far my experience is I am not a fan of getting websites either. Seems shortcuts were taken.

Thank you for your opinion and reply FlexAppeal! I really figured cyp and eth 250 shouldn't hurt. Only one or 2 shots of SYN hurt out of like 4 vials

Over time the acne will subside as you body adapts to the extra androgens, well at least that is what happened to me.
I will trade a couple of zits to feel great any day of the week.
Well thats where I'm a little confused, and was thinking maybe my DHT levels are too high, because I've been on it for months now and already went through a sort of acne phase on my face, but never Body. Now it's on the body

Well thats where I'm a little confused, and was thinking maybe my DHT levels are too high, because I've been on it for months now and already went through a sort of acne phase on my face, but never Body. Now it's on the body
Thats all part of the game. You are running more than a normal trt dose.

I remember when I first started and I analized every little thing, now I only get worried if my dick doesn’t work like normal or my nipples hurt, lol.

Ok the biggest thing to watch is your blood pressure and donate blood a couple times a year to keep hemocrit in check especially if you are going to run more than 125mg a week long term.

BB and BA are normal to be in your steroid oils.
Extreme pip, swelling, redness, flu like symptoms, acne are not normal. Acne can be somewhat normal if your prone to it. In this case i would link it to the garbage steroids your using. Poorly brewed and poorly filtered test will cause acne breakouts.
Overall what your injecting is poisin to your system. Ditch it asap and either use pharma grade products or top quality ugl labs. Yes, syn is very highly regarded as a top quality lab across canada. What your saving buying junk gear, your paying for with your health and it sounds like you already have enough health problems as it is. No need to add to your health issues.

Sounds like you have had a rough road dude my heart goes out to you.
Glad you are doing better .
As far as your question about the test , the single dumbest mistake you will ever make in this game is putting price as a priority when buying gear ,
It only takes on shot of bad gear to fuck you for life that’s it or a massive infection or honestly even kill you . You hear about the good stuff about juice online and hardly ever hear the bad.
Syn is expensive because it is too notch

Thanks cosmic!!! No offense taken, I edited so hopefully your migrane medicine can stay in the cupboard hahaha I appreciate the tips ;)
Good deal. You have a good attitude which will get you far with the folks here especially coupled with good questions. If you do ask questions remember that nobody is going to claim to be qualified to give you medical advice but will share experiences, opinions and some info. On that note you might be asked to share a bit of info about your illness depending on what's being discussed.

Enjoy, please have a read of the rules too

go get a trt script. if you want to add more on top with the SYN, you can. This would give you access to pharma grade (which is cheaper than $100 a vial too) and also give you access to pharma AI if needed. Plus basically a speed dial to get bloods done.

Yeah I'm gonna switch back to SYN, my only complaint was getting vials that had more or less in them. Price isn't my biggest worry here, I was just stoked to see a better price.

Thank you for all the replies, as sorbat says I definitely donate blood every few months, and watch my BP hard.

As DEEKNOWS said, yeah imma ditch that garbage and get back on SYN for now. I really didn't know about bad filtering, it makes total sense and your totally right I really don't need to add to anymore problems.

Ajfromab thanks man, it's been an up and down process but I'll never stop, might get slowed down but hey it's all part of the journey. the price isn't my main goal, curiosity killed the cat for sure on this one XD saving a few dollars was just an added bonus. I'm one of those people that goes on a whole tangent and wants to see all options, find the best of the best and decide which I like best. My ADHD takes over I gotta admit hahaha

You’ve had quite journey. I wish you the best of luck. Listen to the fellas here. They genuinely care about the well being of our members and give solid advice speaking from years of learning and experimenting.

Definitely find a TRT clinic because you’ve stated that you’ve been put on muscle wasting meds due your condition and that you might have a few more battles in the future. It would be best if you had a clinic at your disposal.

Last edited: