Just gonna leave this here..

Gyms should have people that patrol and politely explain where to do your exercises and proper etiquette. The gym I go to - the owner is always walking around talking and respectfully explaining to the new members.

Gyms should have people that patrol and politely explain where to do your exercises and proper etiquette. The gym I go to - the owner is always walking around talking and respectfully explaining to the new members.

The Ol' One chance rule - benefit of doubt. Then shit starts flyin lol. Some people just don't get it. New or not...... Even when I started training I was always watching the big guys for direction.
Its the housewives now that drive me bonkers. Grab 3 benches, pile all the 7.5's/10's/12.5's at the end of the rack with the 100's+, set up their IPads, go get mats and bands and balls...……. GODDAMIT WOMAN lol

The Ol' One chance rule - benefit of doubt. Then shit starts flyin lol. Some people just don't get it. New or not...... Even when I started training I was always watching the big guys for direction.
Its the housewives now that drive me bonkers. Grab 3 benches, pile all the 7.5's/10's/12.5's at the end of the rack with the 100's+, set up their IPads, go get mats and bands and balls...……. GODDAMIT WOMAN lol

^^ THIS.. 🤣 SO FUCKING TRUE

lack of context...
he might be doing something quite sensible for all I know but it doesn't look like he needs to be doing it in that rack. If I were waiting for that rack to do something actually required a rack I would very politely ask how long he was going to be as I needed to use that rack for a movement that actually requires the rack. Hopefully common sense would prevail and we both would joyfully go about our business.
Ignorant responses would likely be met with me presenting the option of an offer that could not be refused, that being for a free flying lesson.

Love,
Gondar1 (certified internet tough guy)

Last edited:
I think he was worried that if the ball popped out from under his leg, the rack would hold it in his area so it wouldn’t hit someone else.

I think he was worried that if the ball popped out from under his leg, the rack would hold it in his area so it wouldn’t hit someone else.

If that's the case I would throw my cockring down on the floor first and place the ball in the middle of it to keep it from rolling around. Genetics, gotta love em

If that's the case I would throw my cockring down on the floor first and place the ball in the middle of it to keep it from rolling around. Genetics, gotta love em
Lol, actually the dude looks like he read a men’s magazine and saw this routine (fuck most men’s magazines I wonder if woman write them) and figured it would help him get toned thighs, or increase his jump height for basketball, lol.

lack of context...
he might be doing something quite sensible for all I know but it doesn't look like he needs to be doing it in that rack. If I were waiting for that rack to do something actually required a rack I would very politely ask how long he was going to be as I needed to use that rack for a movement that actually requires the rack. Hopefully common sense would prevail and we both would joyfully go about our business.
Ignorant responses would likely be met with me presenting the option of an offer that could not be refused, that being for a free flying lesson.

Love,
Haha fair enough! I just got off the rack and headed elsewhere and he grabbed it while it was available. Another fella was definitely eyeing it up but my gym is extremely chill and most people will just ask to swap between sets at most. It's only the crossfitter type people that seem to take over major equipment for large portions of time.
Tbh, I'm sure your request would have been met with a helpful hand and a power rack in your posession. But hey, can't miss a photo meme opportunity 🤣

I've run into this a couple times when we trained at a public gym, actually almost identical to the pic posted. I just walked up to the guy and calmly said that I needed that space to do BB curls, dude got it right away and moved off to the side.

Lol, actually the dude looks like he read a men’s magazine and saw this routine (fuck most men’s magazines I wonder if woman write them) and figured it would help him get toned thighs, or increase his jump height for basketball, lol.

Forensic mode on: Painstaking Analysis by our top team of experts is now complete.
Conclusion: Hockey player or mountain biker doing lunges in the curling rack (@faller 's contribution to the investigation noted)
Action: Request that @KootenayRider interrogate this individual to find out the truth. Deadly force as well as nasty name calling - pussy, wimp, crossfitter etc, are all authorized

PS side note for KootnayRider - "extremely chill" sounds a lot like "ripe for the picking" to me. Get in there and start "accidentally" knocking over water bottles and kicking gym bags - "Not here to take part! Here to take over!"

lack of context...

Love,

I agree. guy didn;t do anything wrong except his choice of location..

All you guys who never played a high level sport and didn't have to do weird shit like this don't understand there is benefit to these types of exercises. We focus on size and strength, that exercise is focussing on something none of us care about, but its still legitimate. Could even be a part of a physio prorgram.

I don't do these exercises at all, but when I played high level football, this type of stuff was a part of every practise and there was benefits.

I don’t think the point is being made on the exercise specifically.... it’s more the choice of location.

Regardless of what’s he’s training for..... king receives a fail in this picture 🤦‍♂️.

One for location selection, one for his new haircut 💇‍♂️

I don’t think the point is being made on the exercise specifically.... it’s more the choice of location.

Regardless of what’s he’s training for..... king receives a fail in this picture 🤦‍♂️.

One for location selection, one for his new haircut 💇‍♂️

True...

It does irratate the shit out of me when ppl use the squat rack for things that don't require the squat rack itself.

My brother in laws girlfriend does those. She played university hockey. She doesn’t do it in the rack though.