How fast do you titrate up and tapper down doses while on cycle?

Ive done a pyramid dosing program in the past with test only. Starting cycle at 500 ew. Increased by 250 every 2 weeks until 1500. I stayed there for a month but it was just too much me at the time in terms of recovery and growth. I felt like a baby that just wanted to eat, sleep n grow. I couldnt perform my job properly so i began the decline back down to 1000 from 1500, then 250 every 2 weeks until i was at a total of 250 ew. At that point i threw in deca at 250 ew and stayed with that for about 6 months.
750 sust, 250 deca and either proviron or anavar works best for me. No pyramid needed. Just a massive hunger and growth period for the first 6 weeks though. Then the rest of the time is amazing.

Oh I mean more in sense of being scientifically proven to have a benefit. I can’t prove it does anything, and I know I really feel the effects of the increase dose after 3 weeks, so I let it run an extra week before adding more

I have no backing to this either, so maybe you can add some knowledge onto this idea. I personally don’t want to just run my top doses of a blast for the whole 16 weeks for example. I don’t want to put my body under that much stress the whole time. In my mind, it makes sense to slowly ramp it up, as I’ll be making serious gains the whole time, while only being under full drug load for say 4-6 weeks.

I also find the increases add a new “spark.” I can physically feel the change each time (I’ve never blasted crazy amounts to the point of diminishing returns so I can’t comment on that end of the curve.) It almost feels as well like when I run the same doses for 16 weeks straight, my body adapts and becomes used to it after 10 weeks and stays that way. I don’t feel like I make as many gains either. could be due to becoming used to that feeling though. The “spark” gives me motivation to push harder, so that could be it as well.

I agree with everything you wrote so I can't add much to that post other than we could go into the details deeper and then I could throw around a bunch of big words that might give an impression of some knowledge. That knowledge deeper would be 99% unnecessary in anything practical that most of us do though. IOW the "backing" is out there but why bother, just accept the compliment and have confidence in the thinking process that brought you too your conclusion.

With some digging and hypothesizing we could unearth enough solid science to claim proof that what you are doing is valid but it's easier to just say that at some point "my cup runneth over", kinda what I explained as my philosophy in my other post. Let's take it to the extreme - would you get significantly more hypertrophy from 20 grams a week than 1 gram? I strongly suspect not. So yeah I think having anymore than you are effectively using is not just a waste of product but the unneeded stress really makes the decision simple.

I already read @DeeKnows 's post, I'm still only offering an opinion here, nothing that you or I have said invalidates anything he says either. I've frontloaded and recommended it to others many times too, it all depends on the situation.

One thing you touched on that gets dismissed far too often - Test makes effort feel good, satisfying. Another one of things we probably don't need to go into detail about, I recall Huberman describing the mechanism nicely if anyone was interested.

I should have said this in my first post - IMO the differences in these methods is probably very small, in fact if individual responses are considered they might not even be statistically significant. Also about that individuality please note I said those numbers I posted were "Typical".
And how could you measure the difference between the protocols anyways?

Last edited:
Interesting conversation here gents. But I can't help but think 10 years ago this thread would have easily been answered in one sentence:

"Just take your 500mg test and STFU" 😂

Ahh, as much as I love to theorize, why not just keep it simple? I suppose I wouldn't have anything to talk about then. Fuck, I need to get out more... lol

Titrating up does have its place though like some have mentioned. Finding your best dose of a certain compound. Finding your best risk v reward ratio.

Titrating down is believed by some to still have its place aswell. For the guys that pct into natties, its believed to be easier to recover from cycling. Another belief is that its less of a shock on the body when coming down from high doses even into a cruise or trt.

So its still whatever works best for you. Only way to know is to try.

Yea I definitly aim for lowest possible effective dose. I used up most my nine lives partying so I can't really giver like most you lads lol
I think this is still the most mature approach as opposed to shotgunning everything. It's still far better to start lower and work your way up. Over reliance on PEDs is a real thing.

I think you're in the same boat as me where we do blood work for TRT every 6 months?
I feel like in a perfect world titrating up to your max dose and then titrating down is optimal but you need probably 6 months or more to do that, so personally I'm about to start a cycle next month if all goes well with blood and I think just 3 months or so of whatever the upper range of said cycle is going to be and then back down to TRT is a good idea.
But I don't have much experience so I could be wrong That's just how I'm going to probably do it here.

I think you're in the same boat as me where we do blood work for TRT every 6 months?
I feel like in a perfect world titrating up to your max dose and then titrating down is optimal but you need probably 6 months or more to do that, so personally I'm about to start a cycle next month if all goes well with blood and I think just 3 months or so of whatever the upper range of said cycle is going to be and then back down to TRT is a good idea.
But I don't have much experience so I could be wrong That's just how I'm going to probably do it here.
Yea were in the same boat lol

I remember watching a vigorous Steve vid where he really supported the titrating up at least. His reasoning was something like as you gain more muscle from say 250 week you need more food to support the muscle, and many times more anabolics to keep the same level of growth going. Due to more muscle which takes more food. Then up to maybe like 400 and do that until your progress slows. Then maybe 550. Etc. increasing the food with the dose to support the new muscle. So I guess this is on a bulk or recomp. Likely not a cut. There I guess you could still do same approach but taking Cal's down instead of up?

Anyway he said do this u til you encounter sides you don't want to manage or can't manage them add a diff compound and repeat.

In theory I guess it's get what you can you of lower doses before throwing more in.

I generally do titrate up and down all my cycles. Just feels better to me. May just be in my head but coming off as well I'd say the least jarring the hormone drop can be likely the better for us sides wise. Although one time I came off everything cold turkey and I felt fine too so I dunno. ( Due to me just being stupid it was not planned that way.) So 6 of one half dozen of other maybe?

Oh and I guess to answer your original question I go up usually about every 4 weeks. Going down I do every 2 weeks usually. Sometimes every 2 weeks up too though depending the likely max dose and how farmilliar I am with the compound.

Interesting conversation here gents. But I can't help but think 10 years ago this thread would have easily been answered in one sentence:

"Just take your 500mg test and STFU" 😂

Ahh, as much as I love to theorize, why not just keep it simple? I suppose I wouldn't have anything to talk about then. Fuck, I need to get out more... lol
We are agreed on the thread. It reminds me of a pharmacology course; in other words, I didn't read every post.

who's right? who's wrong? we're all wrong. don't take steroids they are bad for you. lol
good thing we've long past the front load discussions lol

and for the the record when i'm talking to bigbear I'm talking about a test only cycle with long esters here. and we're not talking monster cycles. i'm trying to keep it relevant to the OP's question lol just to clarify. I personally don't even call myself on a cycle till i'm on 500mg/w so never even considered ramping up to it. but that's just me.

This is a marathon not a race. odds are your going to do this more then once so why not try doing it tapering up this time around. have your AI on hand in case you start experiencing estro sides. and then next time try going straight to dose.... or taper up quicker.... and see how your body reacts.... and make notes.... you said you want to go to 700 ew, that's not that extreme in my opinion. The only one that's going to know exactly how your body will react, is your body... peroid...

either way let me assure you, you will make gains and they will be great if you dial in your training and diet.... that's where the secret lies.... we are all guilty of way over thinking our juicing protocols wayyyyyy toooo much..... and we all know it (I'm speaking for the non competitors out there)

Last edited: