How fast do you titrate up and tapper down doses while on cycle?

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
I've always just upped doses within about two weeks so for example trt at 150, then have way through the week I'll up it by 50 mg then 50 to 75mg twice the next week and roughly the same to taper down, is this common or should I take it slower? Just trying to mitigate side effects and this way the cycles say 12 weeks at the maximum dose with 2 to for extra weeks added on for titration. Is this how most guys do it or?

12 weeks?
I go in 4 week intervals myself, but doses are higher.
I use C/E so about 4 weeks for then to be concentrated in the blood, constantly keeping my body adapting to the increase as to not plateau.
No scientific backing, just how I do it.
How fast and often do you up your doses?

Personally, i just start where I would like to end up with, then switch out compounds every 6-8 weeks. On a bulk I don't find it necessary to increase dosages as there's plenty of food. On a cut depending if i were to start getting weaker, then i'd add something in or bump things up.

I think when you're "fresh" that's the time to just hit it. With the dosages you're talking about, that's not a huge influx of hormones.

Personally, i just start where I would like to end up with, then switch out compounds every 6-8 weeks. On a bulk I don't find it necessary to increase dosages as there's plenty of food. On a cut depending if i were to start getting weaker, then i'd add something in or bump things up.

I think when you're "fresh" that's the time to just hit it. With the dosages you're talking about, that's not a huge influx of hormones.
Those doses were passed I wanted to drive it up to like 700mg a week just didn't know if that's too much at once or if I should slowly ease in

Those doses were passed I wanted to drive it up to like 700mg a week just didn't know if that's too much at once or if I should slowly ease in
700 to 750 is my sweet spot, i just go straight to that from being natty with long esters and EOD injections. I haven't had any issues doing this. It's possible with short esters, orals and/or an infrequent injection schedule you'd have some issues.

If I'm bulking and start getting sloppy ill up the dose by 200mgs. If I'm cutting and I'm starting to dig into 12% or less I've upped the dose by 200mgs in the past. I'm cutting on 175mgs tren ace right now though with no sides and perfect bloodwork so I think ill just be doing this from now on.

personally i've never tapered up to my goal doses. so if i go from trt to say 500 ew i just go straight to that. never had an issue. do you personally encounter a lot of side effects?

i'm thinking you are having a case of overthinking things here a little which we are all guilty of at some point. I'm having a little bit of a hard time deciphering exactly what your original question is exactly. what's your goal dose you are going to and what ester you using and i'm assuming we are talking of test only here?

personally i've never tapered up to my goal doses. so if i go from trt to say 500 ew i just go straight to that. never had an issue. do you personally encounter a lot of side effects?

i'm thinking you are having a case of overthinking things here a little which we are all guilty of at some point. I'm having a little bit of a hard time deciphering exactly what your original question is exactly. what's your goal dose you are going to and what ester you using and i'm assuming we are talking of test only here?
Yea just I usually taper up and down my trt doc mentioned it's helpful but he probably didn't mean cycles. Yea I get high BP and water retention lots with high test. Thought that might be why

I usually just kept test low and added things like primo or anavar but I want to try going higher with test. I just thought I wasn't titrating up slow enough but maybe I just react badly to higher test

How fast and often do you up your doses?
4 weeks in accords to food. I treat it kind of like the olympics lol, instead of winter and summer, i increase food or drugs every 2 weeks alternating.
Week 0-8 on a bulk as an example
increase food at week 2
increase drugs at week 4
increase food at week 6
increase drugs week 8

cutting i would probably more so add compounds instead of upping doses, and food would be on the same schedule, but cardio would increase every 2 weeks, assuming i don’t feel progress is getting stagnant before then.

test as an example, i would start at 250/week
then increase by 1ML weekly, so starting week 4 i would pin 500mg
then 750mg week 8, that’s where i personally stop with test tho

Yea just I usually taper up and down my trt doc mentioned it's helpful but he probably didn't mean cycles. Yea I get high BP and water retention lots with high test. Thought that might be why

i guess it's different if you already know you react like that, I'm not going to argue with a trt doc.
what are your stats if you don't mind me asking.
what else you taking? ai?

For examples sake, lets say my plan was to end up at 1500 test.
I would prob start at 750 then in 2-3 weeks if i felt good and bp wasnt getting high i would raise it to 1 g
Then after a couple more weeks if things still felt good then another ml, then another a few weeks later
I would not raise it if things felt off, bp was getting high or starting to get headaches.

i guess it's different if you already know you react like that, I'm not going to argue with a trt doc.
what are your stats if you don't mind me asking.
what else you taking? ai?
No a.i but I take other meds like adderall and zoloft. I'm going to add in an a.i maybe that'll help

12 weeks?
I go in 4 week intervals myself, but doses are higher.
I use C/E so about 4 weeks for then to be concentrated in the blood, constantly keeping my body adapting to the increase as to not plateau.
No scientific backing, just how I do it.
I disagree about the "no scientific backing" You analyzed and applied some known data to the question, that's scientific. I'll drop some numbers that may be of interest. The drop info might be useful for various things including figuring PCT for those folks.

A typical peak plasma level curve for a Test E 500/week cycle (214 E3D). At much higher or lower levels the curve changes buy not by too much if staying in the "sane" dosages.
1 week to reach 64% of saturation
2 weeks to reach 90% of saturation.
7 weeks to 99.9% of saturation.

Sudden cessation of cycle after staying at saturation level for at least 2 weeks
After 1 week 34% of saturation.
After 2 weeks 12% of saturation. Roughly between 6-700 ng/dl, a decent level for some for TRT
*After 3 weeks 4% of saturation. Roughly 200-250ng/dl.
After 16 weeks 0% of saturation from exogenous test. That doesn't mean you have zero plasma T though, hopefully your have started to recover some natural production sometime after week 2.

*It takes 3 weeks to be at fairly effectively zero level of Exo T no matter the dose if staying in the "sane range" which is probably anything under a gram or maybe even a gram and a half.
I didn't realize no one tappers lol. Guess I should read more posts more often
Lot's of people do, myself included. Don't judge anything to critically by this kind of small sample size. Even if every member here or for that matter on every board on the net answers a question that's still a small sample size of all the users.

I do it myself sometimes. Personally I implement increases based on a minimal drugs that give maximal effect attitude - The min dose needed before the return curve flattens out. Further I need to be able to justify any increases - has my training and nutrition been good enough to demand an increase? Will I be able to use the additional amount before getting into that flattened curve area where the AAS isn't really doing much extra. I coach it the same way, important to remember that I've never really been a contest prep coach. That is a whole different ballgame.

Usually ups would be looked at around every two weeks. And even though people will say there is no need because "the ester does it" I like to come back down to TT dose by lowering something like 100 per week. Less shocking, more time to adapt even for non TRT guys. In the old days tapering off was used in place of PCT which wasn't a thing yet. A long slow taper works pretty good for recovery as your body picks up production at a certain point and you still have an exo T base. Might be a little less comfortable than modern PCT, but you've avoided some pharmaceutical stress, suck it up Nancy.

I disagree about the "no scientific backing" You analyzed and applied some known data to the question, that's scientific. I'll drop some numbers that may be of interest. The drop info might be useful for various things including figuring PCT for those folks.

A typical peak plasma level curve for a Test E 500/week cycle (214 E3D). At much higher or lower levels the curve changes buy not by too much if staying in the "sane" dosages.

Sudden cessation of cycle after staying at saturation level for at least 2 weeks
After 2 weeks 12% of saturation. Roughly between 6-700 ng/dl, a decent level for some for TRT
After 16 weeks 0% of saturation from exogenous test. That doesn't mean you have zero plasma T though, hopefully your have started to recover some natural production sometime after week 2.

*It takes 3 weeks to be at fairly effectively zero level of Exo T no matter the dose if staying in the "sane range" which is probably anything under a gram or maybe even a gram and a half.

Lot's of people do, myself included. Don't judge anything to critically by this kind of small sample size. Even if every member here or for that matter on every board on the net answers a question that's still a small sample size of all the users.

I do it myself sometimes. Personally I implement increases based on a minimal drugs that give maximal effect attitude - The min dose needed before the return curve flattens out. Further I need to be able to justify any increases - has my training and nutrition been good enough to demand an increase? Will I be able to use the additional amount before getting into that flattened curve area where the AAS isn't really doing much extra. I coach it the same way, important to remember that I've never really been a contest prep coach. That is a whole different ballgame.

Usually ups would be looked at around every two weeks. And even though people will say there is no need because "the ester does it" I like to come back down to TT dose by lowering something like 100 per week. Less shocking, more time to adapt even for non TRT guys. In the old days tapering off was used in place of PCT which wasn't a thing yet. A long slow taper works pretty good for recovery as your body picks up production at a certain point and you still have an exo T base. Might be a little less comfortable than modern PCT, but you've avoided some pharmaceutical stress, suck it up Nancy.
Thanks man. Yea it worked for me because I could Guage roughly what doses caused side effects and from there change it up. So specifically I'd up my testosterone until acne got bad and libido got off a bit where ld guess estrogen was higher then I'd throw in primo. This time I want to try a.i for the first time and just crank the test right up.

lots of good points by gondar.
I'm assuming your trt doctor does bloodwork. but then you mentioned that you get high blood pressure and water retention with high test. and then later mention that you don't take AI's so i don't know if that means never or... those symptoms sound a lot like side effects of your estrogen creeping up on you from high test. see how this can get complicated. I don't anymore but back in the day i used to do things by trial and error a lot. and while i was on, id try and get as much blood work as possible to try and understand how my body would react to compounds to themselves and mixed with others.
I've had a long day and as they say in french "J'ai les deux yeux dans graisse de binne"... lol anyways I'm out for the night. gotta cook supper and got a whole wack of snow to shovel.

lots of good points by gondar.
I'm assuming your trt doctor does bloodwork. but then you mentioned that you get high blood pressure and water retention with high test. and then later mention that you don't take AI's so i don't know if that means never or... those symptoms sound a lot like side effects of your estrogen creeping up on you from high test. see how this can get complicated. I don't anymore but back in the day i used to do things by trial and error a lot. and while i was on, id try and get as much blood work as possible to try and understand how my body would react to compounds to themselves and mixed with others.
I've had a long day and as they say in french "J'ai les deux yeux dans graisse de binne"... lol anyways I'm out for the night. gotta cook supper and got a whole wack of snow to shovel.
Thanks man I appreciate it. My blood work source is my trt doc so I try to sneak my blasts in without blood work lol.

Oh I mean more in sense of being scientifically proven to have a benefit. I can’t prove it does anything, and I know I really feel the effects of the increase dose after 3 weeks, so I let it run an extra week before adding more

I have no backing to this either, so maybe you can add some knowledge onto this idea. I personally don’t want to just run my top doses of a blast for the whole 16 weeks for example. I don’t want to put my body under that much stress the whole time. In my mind, it makes sense to slowly ramp it up, as I’ll be making serious gains the whole time, while only being under full drug load for say 4-6 weeks.

I also find the increases add a new “spark.” I can physically feel the change each time (I’ve never blasted crazy amounts to the point of diminishing returns so I can’t comment on that end of the curve.) It almost feels as well like when I run the same doses for 16 weeks straight, my body adapts and becomes used to it after 10 weeks and stays that way. I don’t feel like I make as many gains either. could be due to becoming used to that feeling though. The “spark” gives me motivation to push harder, so that could be it as well.