High Blood Pressure after Anavar cycle

Hi folks, just thought I would give a little update here for those who happen to give a f*ck lol. I made another attempt at outpatients due to some intense chest pain along with my dizziness. This was around a week and a half ago. I had an ekg done that came back normal, and they sent me out to wait again for another 4 hours. I had an appt with my family doc coming up so I had enough waiting and left. Saw my doctor last week. He took my blood pressure, said it was in the 140's, which was high but not a concern. He sent me to set up an appointment for bloodwork. I had my bloodwork done last Friday. I was anxiously awaiting the results, but now my doc is out of office for 2 weeks and I can't get the results back. The secretary told me if they saw something that was cause for concern they would have called me. I have to wait to see the doctor on Sept, 12th. I'm still training in the gym but feel "off", I don't get winded or out of breath just dizzy. The owner of my gym thinks my heart is enlarged and that's what is causing all of this. He is a former bodybuilder and says he had the same symptoms and the doc's diagnosed him with an enlarged heart. I've been doing some research and found some old messages on a bodybuilding.com form where a few members had similar symptoms from taking creatine. Sounds absolutely crazy, but they said it was from the water retention building up in their inner ear and causing a vertigo/dizzy feeling. Once creatine was stopped they were fine. I have been taking creatine for about 4 weeks but never had any issues with it. I'm thinking on stopping the creatine supplementation just to see is there's a crazy chance this is what's causing my issues. Also, I tried to donate blood but there are currently no donation centers where I live. Nearest one would be 5 hours away. Sorry for the long post, hoping I can get to the bottom of this before something bad possibly happens.

12 weeks is a long time for anavar . And 60 mg is a higher dose. I would say your high blood pressure is to be expected.

As the other guys have said I’m sure , clean the diet up , gear down , get your fish oils and blood pressure supplements going .

If it was me in your shoes I would come off cycle completely , it’s pretty rare I go longer than 12 weeks .

Your call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 weeks is a long time for anavar . And 60 mg is a higher dose. I would say your high blood pressure is to be expected.

As the other guys have said I’m sure , clean the diet up , gear down , get your fish oils and blood pressure supplements going .

If it was me in your shoes I would come off cycle completely , it’s pretty rare I go longer than 12 weeks .

Your call

I've been off the Var now for 4 weeks, just cruising on 250mg Test E. Diet is super clean, taking fish oil. I guess I shouldn't have taken Anavar advice from Coach Douchette, who said 60mg is perfect for a male running Var at 12 weeks.

I've been off the Var now for 4 weeks, just cruising on 250mg Test E. Diet is super clean, taking fish oil. I guess I shouldn't have taken Anavar advice from Coach Douchette, who said 60mg is perfect for a male running Var at 12 weeks.

I’ve heard of guys taking higher than 60 I’m just saying it is a higher dose . When I take it I only take 40. Like I said that’s just me .

And I don’t like bad mouthing people generally , but I’m my opinion that Greg doucette is a fucking meat head . Just my opinion.

When people lay out these steroid cycles and they make them straight across the board it’s not smart .

Does it account for health problems, diet restrictions, the persons age, wether they have taken something before , are they a smoker a drinker , do they do cardio , etc etc , some people are generally more Breyer at handling gear , some aren’t , some get real bad side effects just looking at test , some don’t .

So when someone says oh yeah run this for this long without giving you any background info on yourself I would be skeptic all

You might be getting a bit of anxiety from it too, making it feel worse. I get anxiety when I come off different compounds

Hi folks, just thought I would give a little update here for those who happen to give a f*ck lol. I made another attempt at outpatients due to some intense chest pain along with my dizziness. This was around a week and a half ago. I had an ekg done that came back normal, and they sent me out to wait again for another 4 hours. I had an appt with my family doc coming up so I had enough waiting and left. Saw my doctor last week. He took my blood pressure, said it was in the 140's, which was high but not a concern. He sent me to set up an appointment for bloodwork. I had my bloodwork done last Friday. I was anxiously awaiting the results, but now my doc is out of office for 2 weeks and I can't get the results back. The secretary told me if they saw something that was cause for concern they would have called me. I have to wait to see the doctor on Sept, 12th. I'm still training in the gym but feel "off", I don't get winded or out of breath just dizzy. The owner of my gym thinks my heart is enlarged and that's what is causing all of this. He is a former bodybuilder and says he had the same symptoms and the doc's diagnosed him with an enlarged heart. I've been doing some research and found some old messages on a bodybuilding.com form where a few members had similar symptoms from taking creatine. Sounds absolutely crazy, but they said it was from the water retention building up in their inner ear and causing a vertigo/dizzy feeling. Once creatine was stopped they were fine. I have been taking creatine for about 4 weeks but never had any issues with it. I'm thinking on stopping the creatine supplementation just to see is there's a crazy chance this is what's causing my issues. Also, I tried to donate blood but there are currently no donation centers where I live. Nearest one would be 5 hours away. Sorry for the long post, hoping I can get to the bottom of this before something bad possibly happens.

FWIW You are legally entitled to see your BW results. You can view them online in at least a few provinces, not sure if all of them yet and may be dependent on which lab.
I suppose it depends how much noise you want to make to see them but I'd assume your drs office has them and there is no reason they can't show you if you can't get them online where you are. The information belongs to you but if you wanted a physical copy they are entitled to charge you a reasonable amount for their time and materials. I've gotten around this before by being polite and asking if I could take a picture.

FWIW You are legally entitled to see your BW results. You can view them online in at least a few provinces, not sure if all of them yet and may be dependent on which lab.
I suppose it depends how much noise you want to make to see them but I'd assume your drs office has them and there is no reason they can't show you if you can't get them online where you are. The information belongs to you but if you wanted a physical copy they are entitled to charge you a reasonable amount for their time and materials. I've gotten around this before by being polite and asking if I could take a picture.
Interesting, I'm in Nova Scotia, the receptionist told me they can't give the results over the phone and I had to make an appointment to see the doctor. Luckily, I have an appointment this Friday with his fill in since he is out of office for 2 weeks. Here's hoping I can get to the bottom of this.

Interesting, I'm in Nova Scotia, the receptionist told me they can't give the results over the phone and I had to make an appointment to see the doctor. Luckily, I have an appointment this Friday with his fill in since he is out of office for 2 weeks. Here's hoping I can get to the bottom of this.

It's tricky, iirc the regs don't say anything about that specifically. It doesn't change what I said in my previous post but I'm sure that they could argue privacy concerns regarding the phone call ie "you can't prove who you are on the phone" and an appointment of some sort is also reasonable "we are a busy office" but it wouldn't have to be with the Dr. If it's not with the Dr he can't bill you the full nut though so having that as a policy may be a bit shady but makes sense profit wise.

When I've got them from receptionist I've just showed up unannounced and complimented her hair or something :)

Future interest? - From what I just saw with a quick google NS had an online system but it kinda sucked and they shut it down a couple of years ago when the contractor did not renew - https://globalnews.ca/news/6553470/myhealthns-to-shut-down-in-march/

Other results would take me some onerous reading but this may be something? Through a pharmacy perhaps - https://novascotia.ca/dhw/ehealth/DIS/getting-access-to-patient-lab-values.asp

It's tricky, iirc the regs don't say anything about that specifically. It doesn't change what I said in my previous post but I'm sure that they could argue privacy concerns regarding the phone call ie "you can't prove who you are on the phone" and an appointment of some sort is also reasonable "we are a busy office" but it wouldn't have to be with the Dr. If it's not with the Dr he can't bill you the full nut though so having that as a policy may be a bit shady but makes sense profit wise.

When I've got them from receptionist I've just showed up unannounced and complimented her hair or something :)

Future interest? - From what I just saw with a quick google NS had an online system but it kinda sucked and they shut it down a couple of years ago when the contractor did not renew - https://globalnews.ca/news/6553470/myhealthns-to-shut-down-in-march/

Other results would take me some onerous reading but this may be something? Through a pharmacy perhaps - https://novascotia.ca/dhw/ehealth/DIS/getting-access-to-patient-lab-values.asp
Thanks for doing the research @gondar1, will try to take a pic of the results with my phone tmrw at my appt. Maybe the Doc will let me if I wear a nice, tight, smedium V-neck lol.

I had my doctor's appointment today, she took my blood pressure and said it was really good, can't remember the exact number but was in the 120's. Then came the bloodwork as suspected my hematocrit and hemoglobin are high. Creatinin and cholesterol are also high. She wants me to go get more blood work done to see if the numbers come down; and also a chest ray x-ray to check for heart enlargement. It looks like I am going to have to make the 5 hour trek to donate some blood but it will be worth it to get rid of this dizzy feeling which is not only affecting my workouts but is making driving difficult.

I had my doctor's appointment today, she took my blood pressure and said it was really good, can't remember the exact number but was in the 120's. Then came the bloodwork as suspected my hematocrit and hemoglobin are high. Creatinin and cholesterol are also high. She wants me to go get more blood work done to see if the numbers come down; and also a chest ray x-ray to check for heart enlargement. It looks like I am going to have to make the 5 hour trek to donate some blood but it will be worth it to get rid of this dizzy feeling which is not only affecting my workouts but is making driving difficult.

So this may be really shorty advice , and please think about it before doing it , but I have in the past a long time ago , bled myself when I couldn’t get in to donate blood. There is safer ways to do it than the way I did it , I’ve actually been reading up on doing a therapeutic blood draw, there’s a video posted on one of the forums as well I believe it’s in a donate blood forum.
Any ways I was in a pinch years ago and bled myself two cups of blood I literally used a measuring cup and am open ended needle . Probably not thesafetest but it worked in a pinch and got rid of my headaches .

I live up north now and I am due to give blood but the closest clinic is five hours away , so I will probably do it myself again, only this time try to be a little safer about it.

Anyways glad to hear your blood pressure is down, and you are slowly starting to feel
Better .
Good luck man

Wow, I don't think I could do that man, I found a clinic about an hour and 45 mins away so will make the trek up there.