High Blood Pressure after Anavar cycle

TPM_81

Trusted Member
Hi folks,

I just finished a 12 week Anavar cycle along with my normal TRT dose of 250 test E. The last 3 weeks during leg day, I would start to get this dizzy, vertigo like feeling when on the leg press. I found it strange, and on the advice of a nurse friend I had my blood pressure checked. My first readings on July 27th were 154/91, 146/96, 149/96. I have never had blood pressure issues before and this is my 3rd time running a 12 week Var cycle, at 60mg per day, no issues in the past. I should go see my family doctor but he's one of these guys who will prob throw me out of his office with the mention of steroids. I waited another week and took my blood pressure again, this time the 3 readings were 139/90, 153/84, 132/73. So it has dropped a bit since stopping the Var. I still don't feel right, and went up to outpatients at the hospital yesterday, I waited 3 hours and they didn't even call my name for Triage; so I went home. With all the deaths of bodybuilders, and just young, healthy athletes dropping dead, I am pretty scared. The fact that I am 40 makes things even scarier. Any input on the severity of these blood pressure readings would be appreciated. Just for the record this is Syn Var, which I have never had issues with, just thought I would throw that in b/c I know alot of Var is faked with Dbol.

Did you wait a week between BP readings? Do you own a cuff? Your last three readings are a little high but not dangerously high, so to speak. You should read the Sprint Blood pressure trial and decide what you want to do. It changed the targets for hypertension treatment.

Hi man.

First, don’t be scared, take a deep breath there is a very high chance you are fine. Being overthinking and stressed won’t help at all.

Now. Include cardio on your workouts, take fish oil and ubiquinol. Star on a low dose and know your body. Have a low sodium diet.

Buy a machine and monitor it daily. Always relax and think about something else, there is a common syndrome that you intentionally increase BP when measured.

Take control of your BP :)

Check @Goldenrod threads on this and grab more tips.

*This is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

RR.

Hi folks,

I just finished a 12 week Anavar cycle along with my normal TRT dose of 250 test E. The last 3 weeks during leg day, I would start to get this dizzy, vertigo like feeling when on the leg press. I found it strange, and on the advice of a nurse friend I had my blood pressure checked. My first readings on July 27th were 154/91, 146/96, 149/96. I have never had blood pressure issues before and this is my 3rd time running a 12 week Var cycle, at 60mg per day, no issues in the past. I should go see my family doctor but he's one of these guys who will prob throw me out of his office with the mention of steroids. I waited another week and took my blood pressure again, this time the 3 readings were 139/90, 153/84, 132/73. So it has dropped a bit since stopping the Var. I still don't feel right, and went up to outpatients at the hospital yesterday, I waited 3 hours and they didn't even call my name for Triage; so I went home. With all the deaths of bodybuilders, and just young, healthy athletes dropping dead, I am pretty scared. The fact that I am 40 makes things even scarier. Any input on the severity of these blood pressure readings would be appreciated. Just for the record this is Syn Var, which I have never had issues with, just thought I would throw that in b/c I know alot of Var is faked with Dbol.
132/73 isn't super bad. It's looking more normal and probably will getting better as days go by. We're you doing any cardio ?

132/73 isn't super bad. It's looking more normal and probably will getting better as days go by. We're you doing any cardio ?
I do cardio, 4 days a week for a half hour on the stepmill, I did notice the past 3 weeks the cardio was gassing me out really quick, when I can usually do my half hour and not breathe heavy at all.

Did you wait a week between BP readings? Do you own a cuff? Your last three readings are a little high but not dangerously high, so to speak. You should read the Sprint Blood pressure trial and decide what you want to do. It changed the targets for hypertension treatment.
I did wait a week in between readings, I don't own a cuff so I just went down to Shoppers and did them there.

Hi man.

First, don’t be scared, take a deep breath there is a very high chance you are fine. Being overthinking and stressed won’t help at all.

Now. Include cardio on your workouts, take fish oil and ubiquinol. Star on a low dose and know your body. Have a low sodium diet.

Buy a machine and monitor it daily. Always relax and think about something else, there is a common syndrome that you intentionally increase BP when measured.

Take control of your BP :)

Check @Goldenrod threads on this and grab more tips.

*This is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

RR.
Thanks for the advice, I had some edibles last night, and had a good sleep, and felt very relaxed. The brain def thinks of other things when ingesting some THC, lol.

Blood pressure is fascinating because many factors contribute to high or low readings. It would take more time than I have at the moment to run through them, but I do strongly suggest that you get a good home machine with an appropriate size cuff and take daily readings. That is the only way to get a proper handle on where you sit and treat it accordingly.

Is there any chance you have sleep apnea and don't know it?

That is what spiked my blood pressure and changes in diet and various medications wouldn't fix it until I got it under control.

Thanks & good luck,

OD
I don't think I have sleep apnea, but I am worried my blood could be thick, and that could be causing the blood pressure to spike.

@TPM_81 - spend the money and do as the good members recommend and get a good machine for home with a cuff that fits. You can walk into many pharmacies that have a medical section and they will help. Easily purchased for $100 or less.
What else are you taking or are you just taking oxandrolone? What was your resting heart rate?

You readings are high but not awful. The second ones are above ideal but not that bad. Doctors pay more attention to systolic than diastolic numbers albeit both are important.
White coat syndrome often adds 10 points or more to your score if at the doctors and they take this into consideration. @Rolls roydz mentions this above.

Sit normal with both feat on the floor, shoes off, sit for 10 minutes and take 3 readings at home and then take the average - at least that is how I was taught to do it at home.
There are lots you can do to help lower your BP that don't cost a thing - a couple 15 minutes walks after meals often helps me. There are lots of supplements and they work albeit none replace the advice and a prescription from a doctor. If this is stressing you out, go to a clinic and you don't need to tell them about the PED's unless you want to.

If you want a list of BP supplements that work well for many, happy to list them but they are nothing more than opinion. What works for me - others may have their favorites because they work for them.

Its great to be concerned about your health but don't let it be the cause of the health issue. Stress exacerbates everything.

I'm not a doctor and non of the info above is meant to replace that of medical advice of a doc.

Good luck.

go see your doc. they may take you off trt thinking that may be a precipitating factor.

mention your oxandralone usage to your doc but also mention edibles, salt intake, alcohol intake junk food consumption and everything else that affects blood pressure. and in that case you may be recommended a fast with cardio to create a baseline to build from.

as the others have said buy a cuff.

if you feel that anavar is not a good match for your health and wellness then discontinue use. check the halflife of the compound and resume your life accordingly.

im not a registered physician.

what was your blood pressure before you took anavar?

12 weeks is long even for anavar I would of expected high BP at least. I'd check cholesterol too
@Jerbear i was gonna mention that but the user has already fone the deed and now its a matter of moving forward. sounds like orals scared him a bit. would also be interesting to know if he had mucle cramping, anxiety, excessive muscle pumps like low back forearms or legs. he didnt mention affects on appetite or any gains he made so blood pressure is only one factor in the puzzle that would give a better understanding. some users have reported anavar usage but lab tests show it was lowdose dianabol. theres often more to it than meets the eye.

@Jerbear i was gonna mention that but the user has already fone the deed and now its a matter of moving forward. sounds like orals scared him a bit. would also be interesting to know if he had mucle cramping, anxiety, excessive muscle pumps like low back forearms or legs. he didnt mention affects on appetite or any gains he made so blood pressure is only one factor in the puzzle that would give a better understanding. some users have reported anavar usage but lab tests show it was lowdose dianabol. theres often more to it than meets the eye.
Yea I agree for sure.

I went back up to outpatients on Sunday, and made it into Triage and registration. The nurse that took my pressure said it was 120 and was normal. Unfortunately, after waiting 4 hours and still not seeing a doc, I tapped out and went home. Before I left, the nurse said she would check my pressure again and it was 118. I can't believe how off the blood pressure machine is at Shoppers. I am feeling a lot better today, was able to drive to the gym without feeling dizzy, train and do cardio with no issues. Hopefully things are starting to normalize.

I went back up to outpatients on Sunday, and made it into Triage and registration. The nurse that took my pressure said it was 120 and was normal. Unfortunately, after waiting 4 hours and still not seeing a doc, I tapped out and went home. Before I left, the nurse said she would check my pressure again and it was 118. I can't believe how off the blood pressure machine is at Shoppers. I am feeling a lot better today, was able to drive to the gym without feeling dizzy, train and do cardio with no issues. Hopefully things are starting to normalize.
Your arms.are probably too big for those ones at shoppers, they read like I'm about to die, and my forearms turn purplish, it's fun to freak.out the pharmacists sometimes though when it reads 180/110

went to my doc they do 8 minute of readings to officially diagnose high bp, do that if your concerned.