For the parents..

animal-inside

Trusted Member
ME and my team did a quick survey..

We got around 75 kids in our grade..

Of those 75, about 29 are failing this year. failing as in less than 50% across the academic subjects..

Of those 29 failing kids.. we know without a doubt ALL 29 have a iphone with data plan they do not pay for and that phone comes to school every day.. and we've told all 29 parents, the phone is a issue with focussing in school and they sneek the phone in class. We've told all 29 parents might be worth trying to take the phone from the kid and give it back as academic's improve..

to date, all 29 kids conitnue to have their iphone and data every single day as academics continue to drop..

FYI- most of these kids have a more expensive iphone than my iphone 6s..

For the record, I do not think anyone should be allowed to tell a parent how to parent, but unfortunately in my field I deal with kids who come from homes with parents who have no skills to parent and we need to support the parent in order to support the kid.

My grandson groans that every night after dinner he has to do flash cards, lol.
I told him that he may hate it now, but he will thank me later.

I've got LOTS of kids sitting at 0% to 30% in math this term.. parents honestly couldn't give a fuck either. Most parents blame covid/mental health.. But then the kids bluntly tell us otherwise with such things as "I was up till 5am".. "my mom said I don't have to go to school if I don't want to this year". .. "I get anxiety when I have to do school work".. fuck me, I know anxiety and these kids just don't have it..

Mental health and covid is such a easy cop out this year..

I'm well versed in mental health reconginition in kids.. most that play the card don't have it.

Too many ppl have kids these days without planning to have a kid.. I'm fine with this, but when you get a surprise kid, you need to figuring out how to parent your kid or fuck off and let someone else do it.

I'm ranting I know..

But on top of this non sense.. One of our kids was taken by social services today.. Sadly this kids parents had already abandoned them due to their own selfish needs.. So the kid went to a relative.. The relative was such a God awful parent, the kid was seized today by child services.

Keep your dick in your parents and your legs crossed if your not going to be an adult with your actions..

We need to evolve as a species so that sex is no longer pleasurable so the only ppl having kids do it because they want kids.

I've got LOTS of kids sitting at 0% to 30% in math this term.. parents honestly couldn't give a fuck either. Most parents blame covid/mental health.. But then the kids bluntly tell us otherwise with such things as "I was up till 5am".. "my mom said I don't have to go to school if I don't want to this year". .. "I get anxiety when I have to do school work".. fuck me, I know anxiety and these kids just don't have it..

Mental health and covid is such a easy cop out this year..

I'm well versed in mental health reconginition in kids.. most that play the card don't have it.
That was the reason for when they wanted to label my grandson years ago, I told them he was to never know.
I didn’t want him to have an excuse to not do well.
I’ve had so many kids work for me that fell thru the cracks at school because they were given a label.
I would teach them that we all have our short comings and you need to figure out a way around it. And it doesn’t matter how silly the way is, but to use it.

See my grandson is on grade 5, but he still has a hard time adding, so I bought some grade 3 workbooks, and have adding, subtracting, multiply and divide flash cards.
He will go over them again and again until memorized. He has a good memory as long as we keep jamming it in there, lol.
He watches and reads so much on dinosaurs he can tell you almost any fact about them, so I know he has the brain power to do this, but will need to memorize it.

He’s getting better, I teach him tricks I use because I suck at math and had to use tricks.

And good luck with the losers not having children. They are all over here living off welfare popping out more, they ignore their children, can’t supply them with food, or clothes, but damn they can always afford weed and cigarettes.

I totally get your frustration. Anyhow you gotta focus on the ones you can fix. Sometimes there is nothing you can do.

Im wondering what age. Our daughter is 12 with an iphone 6s and it's not good enough. She gets made fun of because its so old. she also has a better phone then us. We kept her home this year and her grades improved dramatically. But shes not allowed any other electronics during classtime. She still does the same schedule. Up at 7am and has breakfast then starts her day just like school.

I will say I was very good in math all through school. I did advanced math and calculus in grade 12. I struggle with this new math they teach now. Its grade 7 math and Its not easy for me at all. I have to pretty much read the whole chapter a few times to get my head around it. Its nothing like what I learned.

I've got LOTS of kids sitting at 0% to 30% in math this term..
Ever read any of John Taylor Gatto's stuff?
I was a shitty student, but his ideas really resonated with me and influenced how I educated my kids.
kids are genius when it comes to raw horsepower, and you can let them focus on something they like.

Last edited:
I was going to start talking shit about this whole situation with KIDS HAVING KIDS issue but you said it well Animal-inside. I personally know of irresponsible parents and their minds have not matured since high school. I know of women having kids from different men and telling me how they get their kids. Another woman divorced this dude I know after 21 years an 3 daughters saying that she wanted to do so much with her life and because of the marriage she couldn’t.

When you have a child that’s it, you gotta life for them and who wouldn’t want to? It is a blessing to be able to have kids and if you have someone to share that joy with and form a family, then you’ve achieved something increble imo. But like I said, the mind doesn’t mature for many until they reach retirement. Selfishness until then.

Im wondering what age. Our daughter is 12 with an iphone 6s and it's not good enough. She gets made fun of because its so old. she also has a better phone then us. We kept her home this year and her grades improved dramatically. But shes not allowed any other electronics during classtime. She still does the same schedule. Up at 7am and has breakfast then starts her day just like school.

I will say I was very good in math all through school. I did advanced math and calculus in grade 12. I struggle with this new math they teach now. Its grade 7 math and Its not easy for me at all. I have to pretty much read the whole chapter a few times to get my head around it. Its nothing like what I learned.
First off my daughters 13 and man do me and the wife hear it about how crappy her phone is, and how all her friends have newer ones and ones with data plans. She has issues with paying attention in class and not getting others off task. We’ve been limiting her phone in the evenings with a noticeable effect on her behavior and attitude for the better.

On the math thing... Jesus fucking Christ I went to school for civil engineering. Took the same advanced calculus, geometry and discreet math and grade 8 math..... I’m lost. Explain to me why 2+2=4..... cuz that’s the fucking answer haha

best of luck to you brother, I’ve got 3 boys and 1 girl. I’ll take the boys breaking shit or each other over the 13 year old girl attitude!

You and I know as adults that we wish we could go back in time and tell oursevles "hey next time some one says you don't have the cool shoes, to tell them you don't give a shit you don't have the cool shoes and they are the loser for being so shallow that the brand of shoe is how you judge the person"... but we all know kids want and need to feel accepted. Its a fine line.. You want to teach your kid what the important things in life are and what things will lead to success and reaching goals, but we all also don't want our kids to be outcast for any reason..

As an adult we'd just laugh if someone came up to us and said we don't have the cool coat lol..

Every

Ever read any of John Taylor Gatto's stuff?
I was a shitty student, but his ideas really resonated with me and influenced how I educated my kids.
kids are genius when it comes to raw horsepower, and you can let them focus on something they like.
i haven't, but I'll take a look.. Thank you!

I was going to start talking shit about this whole situation with KIDS HAVING KIDS issue but you said it well Animal-inside. I personally know of irresponsible parents and their minds have not matured since high school. I know of women having kids from different men and telling me how they get their kids. Another woman divorced this dude I know after 21 years an 3 daughters saying that she wanted to do so much with her life and because of the marriage she couldn’t.

When you have a child that’s it, you gotta life for them and who wouldn’t want to? It is a blessing to be able to have kids and if you have someone to share that joy with and form a family, then you’ve achieved something increble imo. But like I said, the mind doesn’t mature for many until they reach retirement. Selfishness until then.

My neighbors are going through the same thing.. Wife left him becaue she felt like she wasn't able to do what she wanted to do.

The fat cow hasn't worked a day in the 12 years we have known them.. She has actually taken about 3-5 jobs in that time, but quit with in a week.. The poor guy works up in the tar sands mines for 20 years and takes EVERY over time shift avaialable AND works on the volunteer fire dept for extra cash in fort mac..

That guy would be home literally 2-4 days out of 30.. WHile she sat on her ass and was a self proclaimed "stay at home moma bear for my kids"..

The cow moved out and left this guy broke 6 months ago.. She's bought herself a new house and REFUSES to work as the cheque he's ordered to pay her each month is enough for all her desires..

Now this guy will be living in an apartment for the rest of his life... And still doesn't get to see his kids..

2 kids stuck in the middle, but always side with mom becsuse she has no parenting skills and kids do what ever and get what ever they want.

First off my daughters 13 and man do me and the wife hear it about how crappy her phone is, and how all her friends have newer ones and ones with data plans. She has issues with paying attention in class and not getting others off task. We’ve been limiting her phone in the evenings with a noticeable effect on her behavior and attitude for the better.

On the math thing... Jesus fucking Christ I went to school for civil engineering. Took the same advanced calculus, geometry and discreet math and grade 8 math..... I’m lost. Explain to me why 2+2=4..... cuz that’s the fucking answer haha

best of luck to you brother, I’ve got 3 boys and 1 girl. I’ll take the boys breaking shit or each other over the 13 year old girl attitude!

I wish I was allowed to rewrite the entire math curriculum.. It would all turn into functional math and math which they will actually use..

IF they want to be an engineer, once they get to college, thye will have the skills to learn the math neded for engineers.. no point teaching them a whole bunch a shit in high school if only 0.01% will actually use it.. They will learn that math when they need that math.

so many kids labeled as learning disabled have no trouble memorizing multiple levels on a video game, strategizing attacks, and calculating ammo reserves, attack and defence probabilities.
They aren't learning disabled, they're program resistant.

My neighbors are going through the same thing.. Wife left him becaue she felt like she wasn't able to do what she wanted to do.

The fat cow hasn't worked a day in the 12 years we have known them.. She has actually taken about 3-5 jobs in that time, but quit with in a week.. The poor guy works up in the tar sands mines for 20 years and takes EVERY over time shift avaialable AND works on the volunteer fire dept for extra cash in fort mac..

That guy would be home literally 2-4 days out of 30.. WHile she sat on her ass and was a self proclaimed "stay at home moma bear for my kids"..

The cow moved out and left this guy broke 6 months ago.. She's bought herself a new house and REFUSES to work as the cheque he's ordered to pay her each month is enough for all her desires..

Now this guy will be living in an apartment for the rest of his life... And still doesn't get to see his kids..

2 kids stuck in the middle, but always side with mom becsuse she has no parenting skills and kids do what ever and get what ever they want.
Oh man oh man I feel so bad for this man. He deserves a second go at this marriage and family game. But it’s unfortunate like you said. She drained him. I know other similar stories. The self proclaimed “homemakers” are everywhere. No jobs, not taking care of themselves or the kids, and just scheming on her man.

so many kids labeled as learning disabled have no trouble memorizing multiple levels on a video game, strategizing attacks, and calculating ammo reserves, attack and defence probabilities.
They aren't learning disabled, they're program resistant.
Or they find it fun and work around their learning disability.

I had a kid at work who could spell or write, but he could type up labels on the computer.
So that’s what he did to mark boxes.
Before he would make excuses for why he couldn’t help me pack, once he figured out a way, he was happy as hell to help.

I wish I was allowed to rewrite the entire math curriculum.. It would all turn into functional math and math which they will actually use..

IF they want to be an engineer, once they get to college, thye will have the skills to learn the math neded for engineers.. no point teaching them a whole bunch a shit in high school if only 0.01% will actually use it.. They will learn that math when they need that math.
They are bring back functional math here.
When Ford first took over and still had balls, he noticed how poor the math grades were.

You and I know as adults that we wish we could go back in time and tell oursevles "hey next time some one says you don't have the cool shoes, to tell them you don't give a shit you don't have the cool shoes and they are the loser for being so shallow that the brand of shoe is how you judge the person"... but we all know kids want and need to feel accepted. Its a fine line.. You want to teach your kid what the important things in life are and what things will lead to success and reaching goals, but we all also don't want our kids to be outcast for any reason..

As an adult we'd just laugh if someone came up to us and said we don't have the cool coat lol..
You know, my dad made very good money, but my parents were super cheap when it came to us.
I never had cool anything.
So when I got old enough to work, I worked like a dog so I could get cool stuff. And once I started making good money, I got it. Now I don’t give a shit anymore, makes no difference.
My grandson will likely never get a phone, but when he does, it will be my old one.
I have a iPhone 5 at work with a cracked screen, we use it to stream music at work, it’s not hook up to a plan, just wifi, and he asked if he could have it, didn’t care if it was broken.
When he was young, and he had money, he would ask to go to toys r us, like once a month, but he had to spend his own money.
He understands the value of money, and is kinda cheap, lol. Looks for deals on eBay all the time.
It’s funny because he is spoiled, but never cries about not having the best.

I actually think my main point has been missed lol..

Main point is, parents need to understand a iphone is not a right nor something a child must have.. It's a 1000$ electronic with a 65$ a month fee to use..

For the love of God, if your kid is failing at school due to lack of trying, they shouldn't have one..

I've never seen a kid turn their school around as fast as when I can convince a parent to let me lock their kids phone in my filing cabinet until they start passing their quizzes/tests/exams.. Second to this would be when a parent follows through with "there will be no hockey until you are passing every subject".. You instantly see a kid whose used every excuse, every symptathy card do a 180 change.

I actually think my main point has been missed lol..

Main point is, parents need to understand a iphone is not a right nor something a child must have.. It's a 1000$ electronic with a 65$ a month fee to use..

For the love of God, if your kid is failing at school due to lack of trying, they shouldn't have one..

I've never seen a kid turn their school around as fast as when I can convince a parent to let me lock their kids phone in my filing cabinet until they start passing their quizzes/tests/exams.. Second to this would be when a parent follows through with "there will be no hockey until you are passing every subject".. You instantly see a kid whose used every excuse, every symptathy card do a 180 change.
You’re right it’s the parents that are the problem. The kid didn’t get the phone on their own, didn’t get the phone plan on their own. Some Parents expect too much from teachers. They send their kids to school with no manners no life skills and expect teachers to do it all. Guarantee they are the parents that sit staring at their phones all day and night too.

also something else I see is the parents that say, “oh not my kid”. Kids being an asshole the parent will defend the kid rather than giving the kid a kick in the ass. They excuse their kids behavior and that’s what the kid thinks that they can do anything and just excuse it for nothing.