Flyfischer's Workout Log

A bit strange that 10 sets have just 1 of them incorporating the legs. Hopefully you're exhausting them in the bedroom excessively or something but I sure need more than 10% of my workout sets to be anything leg related. Or injuries in the way?

E: actually a total of 30 sets and only 2 of them worked legs. My legs would start squatting in the middle of OHP if they were given as little attention.
At least he’s doing something for legs, so many guys just skip them, lol.

Not optimal for sports performance unless he’s playing chess or darts and doesn’t need leg power lmao
Yep, but we all start somewhere, at least on here he will get called out nicely and maybe adjust.

My comment, which I assume you already know, was sarcasm.
Is there a specific emoji to use when you are being sarcastic?

Yep, but we all start somewhere, at least on here he will get called out nicely and maybe adjust.

My comment, which I assume you already know, was sarcasm.
Is there a specific emoji to use when you are being sarcastic?
i’m sure there is. I see most people just put /s at the end

Interesting. Have you thought about running a plyometric program? Since your goal is cardio/sport focused. Training for explosiveness is out of my realm of knowledge, but I do know your current exercise selection will help in the strength aspects of whatever sport you’re doing (which is?) but also explosive power is usually more rewarding for sport, which could be optimized in your training.
I'd never heard of that before. From here (https://www.self.com/story/a-10-minute-fat-burning-plyometric-workout-you-can-do-at-home) it looks like a lot of jumping cardio conditioning stuff like jump squats and burpees. I'll definitely give it these exercises a try, faster sprints would be nice.

A bit strange that 10 sets have just 1 of them incorporating the legs. Hopefully you're exhausting them in the bedroom excessively or something but I sure need more than 10% of my workout sets to be anything leg related. Or injuries in the way?

E: actually a total of 30 sets and only 2 of them worked legs. My legs would start squatting in the middle of OHP if they were given as little attention.
You're right I need to add some more legs. I'm not really concerned with bodybuilding the legs only athletically conditioning them so it might take the form of more cardio jumping "pylometric" stuff. I'll give it a try Wednesday.

Are you off or on gear right now - sorry if I missed it. Did you find specific PED's didn't agree with you and made you more aggressive?
I didn't read the intro - so didn't catch your stats but it appears you are full of knowledge to share.

Are you off or on gear right now - sorry if I missed it. Did you find specific PED's didn't agree with you and made you more aggressive?
I didn't read the intro - so didn't catch your stats but it appears you are full of knowledge to share.
Did I come across as overly aggressive?

it's probably the lectures from my middle school PE teacher that leg muscles are bigger than arm muscles so we shouldn't even bother trying to get our biceps to outgrow the glutes and hams. And obviously legs do more if you want to elevate metabolic rate and speed up systemic fat loss.

Legs are the hardest to do at home, free weights can cover squatting but you need machines to get into leg curls and extentions. Barbell hip thrusts are another one that can be done right on the floor, kind of annoying though lol

Legs are the hardest to do at home, free weights can cover squatting but you need machines to get into leg curls and extentions. Barbell hip thrusts are another one that can be done right on the floor, kind of annoying though lol
Single leg varying angles of squats hit most of the muscles hard, but definitely not all of them. A backpack is enough weight for slow and higher rep single leg squats. I even use hands to prevent myself from losing balance and falling so I can focus on a bodybuilding workout.

As well as lunges with both a backpack filled with weight (a friend even uses a 200lb vest) and weight in hands. Can be buckets of sand. Or 20L jugs of cat litter. But again, it doesn't allow you to focus on every muscle like gym equipment does. But still good for the metabolic rate increase.

Last edited:
Today's Protein: 142g (Half gallon milk, 32oz milk, eight eggs)

Workout:

Ohp 45lbs 4x15
Leg press 250lbs 3x10
Lat raises 15lbs 4x10
Box jumps medium 5x20
Two arm bench curl 40lbs 4x12
Weighted calf raises 70lbs 4x30
Pull-ups 2x5

Re: leg exercises, trying out alternating sets to make sure I remember enough of them

Re: barbell hip thrusts, I used to do those and just forgot about them, I'll try those out again

Re: plyometrics, I added some box jumps & looking into other jumping exercises to add

Did I come across as overly aggressive?

it's probably the lectures from my middle school PE teacher that leg muscles are bigger than arm muscles so we shouldn't even bother trying to get our biceps to outgrow the glutes and hams. And obviously legs do more if you want to elevate metabolic rate and speed up systemic fat loss.
No, Was curious that is all. Read some of your posts since joining and can't recall if you were on or off. Just a general question. I don't find you aggressive or rude. I hate training legs - I dread the day but do it every 3rd workout with my normal breaks at home. I do different exercises and finish off with squats. I do hip thrusts with a couple hundred lbs - great if you ever grapple and need to get someone off you unless they are a well trained fighter who has you on mount, reverse hypers which is for the back but is also hitting your hams and glutes - in general as you age glutes go first so I train them hard and this keeps my back healthy, standing and sitting calve exercises but the torture is the rack of pain with adjustable DB's. Sequentially lower squats with max DB weight and down 10 lbs each time until using BW. The only thing that changes is the reps. I am missing some equipment at home and would have to go to the gym to get those machines but I can barely walk up the stairs after the workout so I figure I must be working hard enough.
I change it up every few months and just do the heaviest weight with DB's to failure after a thorough warm up but I have a torn meniscus and will never train them heavy again. Max is body weight, bands and holding DB's. Problem with bands is they pull you forward and your lower back tends to get sore or mine does. Wish I had a way to fix this as I love my Rogue Bands for home workouts. If someone knows a secret let me know, I love bands but when I'm holding DB's, trying to keep proper form and have the bands over me to make it harder it naturally pulls your head forward and your back gets sore. Not a good sore.
thx

Today's workout:

Ohp 45lbs 4x20
Calf raises 100lbs 4x30
Lat raises 15lbs 3x10
Box jumps 4x20
Lat pull-down 105lbs 3x12

Protein: 85g (4 eggs, half gallon milk)