Flyfischer's Workout Log

Hey @flyfischer02, Welcome to CB.
Looks like you’re diving right into it, log and all. These things are a great way to hold yourself accountable and maybe gain some valuable insight from others in the community.
What can you tell us about you? A bit of an intro is customary, although not law by any means.
If you share a bit about yourself and your goals, you’ll probably find the guys here will follow along your journey and even chime in from time to time with some tailored advice or maybe some words of encouragement.
Either way, good luck to you and happy lifting!

The skim confuses me on your goals. The milk would make sense for bulking (i guess) if it was whole milk for the calories, but the skim part makes it 100~ carb and 75 protein. A lot of liquid for 750 cals, and a lot of liquid cals for a mere 75 protein considering a scoop of isolate is around 120cals and 25 protein on average. Some clarification/introduction would be helpful.

Thanks for the replies. In response,

Why Milk? It's just a cheap way to get 75g protein, I'm not very into the whole diet/macros thing yet with liquid/solid/carb content (just ate Taco Bell for lunch).

About me: Cross-training for a cardio sport, off-and-on beginner-level weightlifting a couple times a week just as normal exercise for the last 5 years, in my 20s.

Goals: Athleticism for lower body (jump height, sprinting speed) and general vanity fitness for upper body arms/chest/etc.

Supplements: Not interested in steroids at this point in my life both for long-term health reasons + I'm new enough to bodybuilding that they probably wouldn't do much good, but interested in low-health-impact supplements/peptides etc. Took creatine for a bit but not taking it right now.

Thanks for the replies. In response,

Why Milk? It's just a cheap way to get 75g protein, I'm not very into the whole diet/macros thing yet with liquid/solid/carb content (just ate Taco Bell for lunch).

About me: Cross-training for a cardio sport, off-and-on beginner-level weightlifting a couple times a week just as normal exercise for the last 5 years, in my 20s.

Goals: Athleticism for lower body (jump height, sprinting speed) and general vanity fitness for upper body arms/chest/etc.

Supplements: Not interested in steroids at this point in my life both for long-term health reasons + I'm new enough to bodybuilding that they probably wouldn't do much good, but interested in low-health-impact supplements/peptides etc. Took creatine for a bit but not taking it right now.
what province are you in that has milk cheap? here in NB it’s an arm and a leg!

This is a refreshing statement to read.

Im sure you're aware that your diet approach can use some work so I hope you're making that a priority!

Yesterday's Log:

Overhead Press 45lb 4x15
Lat raises 15lb 4x7
Dips 4x5
Pull-ups 2x5

Eggs & coffee cake for breakfast, beans & tortillas for lunch, sandwich for dinner.

I cant tell if your trolling but you gotta do more then just over head press and pull-ups. You also should at least track how many grams of protein your eating a day.
I don't see any logs for legs biceps chest abs traps spine erector, calves, glutes, hams the list goes on.....how much do you weight and how long have you worked out for? Take this with all do respect as well I don't mean for it to sound rude I just get lost when I try sugar coating things

I cant tell if your trolling but you gotta do more then just over head press and pull-ups. You also should at least track how many grams of protein your eating a day.
I don't see any logs for legs biceps chest abs traps spine erector, calves, glutes, hams the list goes on.....how much do you weight and how long have you worked out for? Take this with all do respect as well I don't mean for it to sound rude I just get lost when I try sugar coating things
I’m under the impression he’s very green to this. If that’s the case i think he’s doing alright as long as he’s actively fine tuning the smaller details along the way

Yeah no problem I'm definitely not a seasoned bodybuilder. My background is I took a weight training class for a semester in HS quite a few years ago now but otherwise have just done stuff from youtube videos etc on my own for the last four years or so. I'm 6'2" 170lbs. I've tracked grams of protein before but am at home for the holidays so don't have alot of control over what I eat for the next few weeks. I'll do a more complete workout tomorrow that covers most of the exercises I know so you can get a better impression of the level I'm at.

Yeah no problem I'm definitely not a seasoned bodybuilder. My background is I took a weight training class for a semester in HS quite a few years ago now but otherwise have just done stuff from youtube videos etc on my own for the last four years or so. I'm 6'2" 170lbs. I've tracked grams of protein before but am at home for the holidays so don't have alot of control over what I eat for the next few weeks. I'll do a more complete workout tomorrow that covers most of the exercises I know so you can get a better impression of the level I'm at.
do you train at a gym or at home

Today's workout
Ohp 45lbs 4x15
Lat raises 14lbs 4x10
Pull-ups 4x5
Leg press 250lbs 2x10
Dips 2x5
Two-arm bench curl 40lbs 4x10
Lat pulldown 90lbs 2x10
Lat pulldown 105lbs 2x10
Bench 105lbs 4x4
Standing Dumbbell calf raises 60lbs 2x30

Only other exercises I regularly do are lunge jumps, push-ups, and curl ups.

Food (total 106g protein)
Breakfast: 4 eggs (24g), 1 bagel, 16oz milk (15g)
Snack: 8oz oat milk (3g)
Lunch: half gallon milk (64g)
Dinner: haven't eaten yet but will probably have bar food like a sandwich (~15g)

Today's workout
Ohp 45lbs 4x15
Lat raises 14lbs 4x10
Pull-ups 4x5
Leg press 250lbs 2x10
Dips 2x5
Lat pulldown 90lbs 2x10
Lat pulldown 105lbs 2x10
Bench 105lbs 4x4

Dinner: haven't eaten yet but will probably have bar food like a sandwich (~15g)
Interesting. Have you thought about running a plyometric program? Since your goal is cardio/sport focused. Training for explosiveness is out of my realm of knowledge, but I do know your current exercise selection will help in the strength aspects of whatever sport you’re doing (which is?) but also explosive power is usually more rewarding for sport, which could be optimized in your training.

Today's workout
Ohp 45lbs 4x15
Lat raises 14lbs 4x10
Pull-ups 4x5
Leg press 250lbs 2x10
Dips 2x5
Lat pulldown 90lbs 2x10
Lat pulldown 105lbs 2x10
Bench 105lbs 4x4

A bit strange that 10 sets have just 1 of them incorporating the legs. Hopefully you're exhausting them in the bedroom excessively or something but I sure need more than 10% of my workout sets to be anything leg related. Or injuries in the way?

E: actually a total of 30 sets and only 2 of them worked legs. My legs would start squatting in the middle of OHP if they were given as little attention.