Emotional after injections

Dumbbell

Hey guys, I’ve been taking 250mg test E twice a week for exactly 6 weeks now, gains and strength are coming in, and I’m feeling great mood wise. I am also taking aromasin 12.5mg ed because I noticed my nipples were sensitive and really itchy on 12.5 eod. The problem is, I noticed on Monday when I injected I got a lot more moody throughout the day and same thing happened when I pinned last night. I’ve been an emotional person all my life but it is unbearable after my injections, it levels out after 24 hours and I go back to normal. Would you guys recommend more frequent injections? Or take and extra 6mg aromasin the day before I inject, or something else. I am planning on getting bloodwork done this week to see how everything is going aswell.

Did you have pre-cycle bloods done before starting the cycle to see where your baseline E2 was at?

If you have a look at this thread, you can read up on some of the estrogen sides and it should be noted that both High and Low E2 have similar symptoms. From my short time here on the forum, and through others feedback, a lot of input seems to be that at 500mg/week should not yield high amounts of aromatization or estrogen side effects. Everyone has different sides, but that's the general information I've noticed.

When did you start noticing itchy/sensitive nipples? How long have you been taking the Aromasin? If you're in your head about it, you'll manifest the sides yourself; Somebody told me "don't go looking for sides, or you'll most definitely find them".

If you've been taking it from the start or very early on, it's likely you could have crashed your E2 levels with Aromasin being suicidal, and dosing that frequently on only a moderate dose of Test.

I'll let the other guys chyme in here with more in detail information. But have a read of the thread.

Best of luck, and I hope you get it sorted ASAP!

Last edited:
Did you have pre-cycle bloods done before starting the cycle to see where your baseline E2 was at?

If you have a look at this thread, you can read up on some of the estrogen sides and it should be noted that both High and Low E2 have similar symptoms. From my short time here on the forum, and through others feedback, a lot of input seems to be that at 500mg/week should not yield high amounts of aromatization or estrogen side effects. Everyone has different sides, but that's the general information I've noticed.

When did you start noticing itchy/sensitive nipples? How long have you been taking the Aromasin? If you're in your head about it, you'll manifest the sides yourself; Somebody told me "don't go looking for sides, or you'll most definitely find them".

If you've been taking it from the start or very early on, it's likely you could have crashed your E2 levels with Aromasin being suicidal, and dosing that frequently on only a moderate dose of Test.

I'll let the other guys chyme in here with more in detail information. But have a read of the thread.

Best of luck, and I hope you get it sorted ASAP!
Thanks for the reply, I started taking the aromasin on week 5 I gave it about 4 days of itchy nipples till I gave aromasin a shot, I took it eod until 3 days ago so about 2 weeks I’ve been taking it, not sure if this is related but I was getting chills last night after my shot, cold sweats throughout the night. I didn’t get my e tested only my testosterone which was in the low end around 350

Yea, its a major pain in the butt, but bloodwork is the only way to know for sure if may be E related. My opinion that sounds like a lot of Armasin. Just in general based off many users doses and reactions. I aromatize a lot and that would be high for even myself on that dose. It may be appropriate for you, but yea, blood work only way to know for sure. Otherwise could be anything. If you've always been emotional mybe this is just enhancing that? I dont know f just Test would do that, but Ive read a lot that these AAS kind of amplify whatever we already have/are. But, I'm just talking here, so take all my rambling with a grain of salt. Lol

good luck

Thanks for the reply, I started taking the aromasin on week 5 I gave it about 4 days of itchy nipples till I gave aromasin a shot, I took it eod until 3 days ago so about 2 weeks I’ve been taking it, not sure if this is related but I was getting chills last night after my shot, cold sweats throughout the night. I didn’t get my e tested only my testosterone which was in the low end around 350
If you’re having blood done this week, I would continue the protocol until you receive results which will be your tell all.

As stated in The Estrogen Handbook, as much as 25mg ED is not an uncommon dose, however as you E2 drops (if it is in fact high E2 symptoms) you’ll require less Aromasin. Fingers crossed your bloods tell you what you need, but continuing the protocol or upping the dose likely won’t be a detriment if you’re talking a week.

Manage the symptoms and adjust your dosing accordingly.

I’m by now means extremely knowledgeable in the subject matter, but I’m sure there will be some good input here shortly as well.

I am very estrogen sensitive.
I also get "moody" when my E2 gets high.. like cry during movies... well actually that was just something in my eye!!! Haha

On higher doses of test I need 25mg Aromasin daily... I've verified this with past blood work.
Now I usually go by feel... but get your bloodwork done.
I can also get elevated prolactin even with test alone... again bloodwork is needed.
I also use rofaxiline when my gyno flares.. or iching nipples

On the other side you can crash your estrogen.. that will give similar symptoms.. but I also get very achy joints with low E2. But also moody.

So bloodwork is your friend...

Good luck!

Hey guys, I’ve been taking 250mg test E twice a week for exactly 6 weeks now, gains and strength are coming in, and I’m feeling great mood wise. I am also taking aromasin 12.5mg ed because I noticed my nipples were sensitive and really itchy on 12.5 eod. The problem is, I noticed on Monday when I injected I got a lot more moody throughout the day and same thing happened when I pinned last night. I’ve been an emotional person all my life but it is unbearable after my injections, it levels out after 24 hours and I go back to normal. Would you guys recommend more frequent injections? Or take and extra 6mg aromasin the day before I inject, or something else. I am planning on getting bloodwork done this week to see how everything is going aswell.
Do you have access to blood work? If you do - get a hormonal profile. You can guess and keep throwing compounds at the problem and hope you hit the target but you won't know.
I can't tell you how many times I was convinced my estrogen or prolactin was high because of sensitive/erect nipples and waited the week for the blood results only to find out my numbers were all good. It inevitably settled down.
This is the ideal scenario - getting blood results. If you know your body well enough, which many do, you can take SERMS or AI's accordingly.
Everyone is different but most do not need an AI on 250 mg of test.

Just an opinion but enanthate as an ester usually doesn't impact you within hours. You say within hours it is unbearable and then levels out 24 hours later - that does not sound normal for test enanthate.

Good luck getting this sorted out.

On 500 test I think you are crushing your estrogen. Get blood work but in the mean time cut your aromasin back to every third day.

After your injections there shouldn’t be any mood change unless you were injecting Test suspension or no ester.

Also itchy or sensitive nipples probably isn’t your estrogen. If it doesn’t normalize after 5-7 days take a small dose of nolva for a week.

Doesn't nolva block estrogen form attaching to the breast receptors?
Yes but it can be from higher test levels as well. This is usually temporary. When test starts to build in the body, the body then builds up estrogen to balance things back out. But as test or estrogen are on the high side you get typical sides.

I think your better to let your body try and get back to homeostasis then adding in more chemicals that can cause a rebound or flatten out your estrogen. Of course you may need an AI hence the suggestion of a blood test.

A good example of this is acne. About 3 weeks into a cycle your body gets covered in acne. Most times after a week or two this normalizes and lessens. What changed to get rid of the acne ?

Yes but it can be from higher test levels as well. This is usually temporary. When test starts to build in the body, the body then builds up estrogen to balance things back out. But as test or estrogen are on the high side you get typical sides.

I think your better to let your body try and get back to homeostasis then adding in more chemicals that can cause a rebound or flatten out your estrogen. Of course you may need an AI hence the suggestion of a blood test.

A good example of this is acne. About 3 weeks into a cycle your body gets covered in acne. Most times after a week or two this normalizes and lessens. What changed to get rid of the acne ?
Thanks, didn't know about the high test thing.

Thanks, didn't know about the high test thing.
Dont think I really explained it very well.

heres from a medical site.

What causes gynecomastia?​

Gynecomastia is usually a benign (noncancerous) condition. It may be linked to many different causes of hormone changes. In many cases, the cause isn’t known.

Gynecomastia is often caused by changes in levels of the female hormone (estrogen) and the male hormone (testosterone). But it can be caused by other things as well.

Gynecomastia can be a side effect of certain medicines, such as antidepressants, antibiotics, chemotherapy, prostate cancer medicines, ulcer or cardiovascular medicines. Illegal drugs, such as anabolic steroids, heroin, or marijuana can also cause gynecomastia.

The problem is, I noticed on Monday when I injected I got a lot more moody throughout the day and same thing happened when I pinned last night. I’ve been an emotional person all my life but it is unbearable after my injections, it levels out after 24 hours and I go back to normal.
Honestly, it sounds to me like the emotional response is more in your head than anything else. Assuming this is your first cycle? Possibly brought on by the stress of giving yourself an injection?

I might think this were related to hormone levels caused by the injection if you were using something like test suspension. But not the slow acting test enanthate and especially not when you say you level out after 24hrs.

Regardless, go get some blood work done.

Dont think I really explained it very well.

heres from a medical site.

What causes gynecomastia?​

Gynecomastia is usually a benign (noncancerous) condition. It may be linked to many different causes of hormone changes. In many cases, the cause isn’t known.

Gynecomastia is often caused by changes in levels of the female hormone (estrogen) and the male hormone (testosterone). But it can be caused by other things as well.

Gynecomastia can be a side effect of certain medicines, such as antidepressants, antibiotics, chemotherapy, prostate cancer medicines, ulcer or cardiovascular medicines. Illegal drugs, such as anabolic steroids, heroin, or marijuana can also cause gynecomastia.
I always thought it was only estrogen or prolactin related. Thx

More frequent injections, split it up to eod and see what happens.

Interesting, i posited on another forum something very similar.

I’m running test c at 450mg a week and found my self to be more anxious lately. I’m running no ai.

I usually do feel this way but around week 20x this time it hit at week 8. As a precaution I stopped the test, hoping the e chases the t down, while I figure out if I’m staying on and adding an ai.

I have an oily face. Tender left nipple, anxiety and hot flashes. Libido is still there, random boners are not. So I assume this is indeed high estrogen.

My thoughts are, switch to 200mg a week to preserve gains through summer - will I need an ai? Will the sides continue ?

Or goto 300-400mg and add aromasin at 6.25 twice a week.

Thoughts….