Does anyone utilize the good girl bad girl machine?

I tried it and am quite stiff but feels awkward and not sure if much benefit.
Thoughts?

Yes, staple part of my session. Main reason is actually for flexibility work which I don't do enough of. I don't go hard at it it's more of a warmup movement.
If I was focused on strength I wouldn't worry about it as the other heavy movements I'd do would be enough for those muscles.

Sport specific training like hockey for example? Mandatory to hit them somehow, this machine is fine at med intensity and volume as you'd best be doing a few training movements that hit them already.

Bodybuilding? Hugely undertrained bodyparts in the past, them yoga pants chickies seem to have woken up the big boys a bit tho.

The Adductors can take high volume IME which is great because when I do them I'm always scared of pulling something, going heavy seems sketchy, tendons seem undersized. Maybe just my opinion after seeing tons of hockey players getting twinges way up deep there.
I guess I'm getting off track here a bit as you were asking about the machine not the muscle groups but man they can just add so much volume and detail when full. Take a close look at where so much of the size in Tom Platz's legs is might be the best example

I tried it and am quite stiff but feels awkward and not sure if much benefit.
Thoughts?
Good exercises to hit muscles often neglected and cause issues in imbalances and flexibility.

benefits? Debatable on the merits of - what is a benefit ?

Will it up your game and make you stronger and better developed aesthetically? No mostly not. However will it help overall with injury prevention, mobility and imbalances…. Yes.

However body builders and strength guys probably miss out on many things that would be good for us to do, but we don’t do them because of time availability, focus and probably mostly ego lol.

Gondar makes some good points in his post above.

I will do the bad girls (push out) sometimes as a warm up if im really stiff. Superset with leg curls. Only very light weight.
I dont ever see myself doing these things to failure like some pros do

I will do the bad girls (push out) sometimes as a warm up if im really stiff. Superset with leg curls. Only very light weight.
I dont ever see myself doing these things to failure like some pros do
That’s only because you’re flashing’ the ladies what they’re missing….. it really has zero to do with warm ups folks….. well not gym warm ups anyhow…

I use the hip adductor? Outward push.
Also the one leg raise thing for glutes. I go 15-20 reps. NEver to failure. During warm up bouncing from there, leg curls and extension
I dont think i have ever seen another guy use either at my gym

Last edited:
I call it the "yes/no" machine lol....

I tried it once.. I got on it and it felt easy, so every couple reps I increased the weight until I felt enough resitence similar to the resistance I'd expect from going any other lift.. and then instantly I knew my mistake.. I pulled something in my inner thigh/groin pretty good. Was dumb thing to do, like the guy who the first time he lifts weights putting too much weight on the bar..

Never touched it since..

I’ve never tried using it ; I figured variations of squats would be enough, but I have super tight hips like all the time… so I can’t see why this would be bad for a dude; just weird as fuck to do and take myself serious 🤣

Good girls are imparative if you compete.

And I'd argue very very important for athletes also.

Bad girls I feel are a useless movement.

I incorporate them in my training fairly regularly. Not too heavy. Usually high volume work.

As someone said earlier, it hits those muscles that usually don't get that much attention.

Not really about building size, but training stabilizing muscles etc... Yada, Yada...

My wife used it all the time. She got constant compliments about her legs. So I guess if you want girl legs……

My wife used it all the time. She got constant compliments about her legs. So I guess if you want girl legs……
Story up Walt! we’ve see your pics know sorbys got the inner thighs that’ll crush your skull like a grape … or was that @Oldguyjiujitsu ’s crazy inner thighs I forget now

It brought up my adductors more than any other movement. I had the typical overdeveloped VMO with underdeveloped adductors from squatting. It also helps a lot with groin flexibility. Just don't maintain eye contact with anyone when you're doing it.