COVID experiences

Lol, not personally.
Was definitely not trying to start an argument.
Just stating my opinion on how I perceive the situation.
A discussion? Where do you get your facts from? COVID is underreported.

Death by COVID or with COVID?
That's the point I was referring to. They seem to be listing every death from someone that has covid, to be death by covid.
The numbers go down dramatically, when you look at deaths specifically caused by covid alone

A discussion? Where do you get your facts from? COVID is underreported.
These numbers that I was referring to come from the WHO as well as CDC.
The misinformation is being spread wildly... on both sides of the spectrum. So it is very hard, I believe for anyone to get any real accurate data. That isn't biased one way or the other

That's the point I was referring to. They seem to be listing every death from someone that has covid, to be death by covid.
The numbers go down dramatically, when you look at deaths specifically caused by covid alone
How do you split them on a death certificate?

The misinformation is being spread wildly... on both sides of the spectrum. So it is very hard, I believe for anyone to get any real accurate data. That isn't biased one way or the other

It's easy. Work in a hospital. LTC facility. Group home. Day Program. Read medical journals.

Are you saying Medscape is not a good source?

How do you split them on a death certificate?
Well they do it for influenza. You can look up stats on people who died from influenza vs people who died while underlying conditions while they had influenza. My point is that I beilive they do not have a solid method in place to tell if covid deaths are truely covid deaths..

That being said, I am certain that having covid with other underlying conditions, will definitely increase your mortality rate.

Ihttps://aspe.hhs.gov/cdc-—-influenza-deaths-request-correction-rfc

Well they do it for influenza. You can look up stats on people who died from influenza vs people who died while underlying conditions while they had influenza. My point is that I beilive they do not have a solid method in place to tell if covid deaths are truely covid deaths..

That being said, I am certain that having covid with other underlying conditions, will definitely increase your mortality rate.

Ihttps://aspe.hhs.gov/cdc-—-influenza-deaths-request-correction-rfc
Of course, they do and they do it for COVID. What would be an underlying condition for influenza that is different from one for COVID?

In the medical world very few. We study very deep and hard before we publish. I'm not talking media.
I respect that. Obviously you have a background in the medical field that would give you insight that the rest of us don't get.
When you have conflicting reports from places like cdc, who, medical professionals etc... dosen't it make it hard for those of us outside the medical community, to know what to beilive.
Stats, are changing rapidly...
Not all of us have the first hand view the the medical community would. So we have to go off publications.. and unfortunately the media

Counts of deaths from all causes of death, including COVID-19, are presented. As some deaths due to COVID-19 may be assigned to other causes of deaths (for example, if COVID-19 was not diagnosed or not mentioned on the death certificate), tracking all-cause mortality can provide information about whether an excess number of deaths is observed, even when COVID-19 mortality may be undercounted. Additionally, deaths from all causes excluding COVID-19 were also estimated. Comparing these two sets of estimates — excess deaths with and without COVID-19 — can provide insight about how many excess deaths are identified as due to COVID-19, and how many excess deaths are reported as due to other causes of death. These deaths could represent misclassified COVID-19 deaths, or potentially could be indirectly related to the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., deaths from other causes occurring in the context of health care shortages or overburdened health care systems).

Read the above.
I can agree with that.
Overburdening the health care system is a real, legitimate concern.
I would assume you would agree, that has been an issue that needed to be addressed long before covid... underfunding... job cuts... lack of equipment and supplies.
Covid has brought to light our serious vulnerability in that area.
I'm sure if we were better funded... better equipped in our medical facilities, that burden of covid could be greatly mitigated.
We would not have to burn out our healthcare workers, working crazy hours.. overcrowded hospitals... not having the supply's or equipment to treat everyone.

That is a different topic, but definitely created a much more vulnerable situation. Hopfully the politicians realize it, and do something.
Because covid won't be the last thing to come our way... next time it may be a way more deadly virus. This has proven we are not equipped or funded to handle something of that scale.

I respect that. Obviously you have a background in the medical field that would give you insight that the rest of us don't get.
When you have conflicting reports from places like cdc, who, medical professionals etc... dosen't it make it hard for those of us outside the medical community, to know what to beilive.
Stats, are changing rapidly...
Not all of us have the first hand view the the medical community would. So we have to go off publications.. and unfortunately the media
That is all I am saying. Why do we have to bang our heads against the wall to try to explain people are dying? People are getting sick. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...s/coronavirus-kidney-damage-caused-by-covid19
People are suffering while this illness has been politized to the point everyone is confused. "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." I learned that in PolySci and it is so true with COVID.

I can agree with that.
Overburdening the health care system is a real, legitimate concern.
I would assume you would agree, that has been an issue that needed to be addressed long before covid... underfunding... job cuts... lack of equipment and supplies.
Covid has brought to light our serious vulnerability in that area.
I'm sure if we were better funded... better equipped in our medical facilities, that burden of covid could be greatly mitigated.
We would not have to burn out our healthcare workers, working crazy hours.. overcrowded hospitals... not having the supply's or equipment to treat everyone.

That is a different topic, but definitely created a much more vulnerable situation. Hopfully the politicians realize it, and do something.
Because covid won't be the last thing to come our way... next time it may be a way more deadly virus. This has proven we are not equipped or funded to handle something of that scale.
LOL! Now you are getting to know me.
Thank you.

That is all I am saying. Why do we have to bang our heads against the wall to try to explain people are dying? People are getting sick. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...s/coronavirus-kidney-damage-caused-by-covid19
People are suffering while this illness has been politized to the point everyone is confused. "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." I learned that in PolySci and it is so true with COVID.
I understand your point of view respect it and agree with it.
My point is I beilive politicians are using it to keep power... have no accountability.
We need to handle the virus appropriately... I'm sure your knowledge of that is far greater then mine.
What I see is our civil rights being slowly taken away.
When what should be done, is providing healthcare worker and hospitals the tools, resources, equipment and funding to deal with it. As well as practicing safe measures with the public.
It's one thing to enforce mask wearing, it's another thing to have the power to create laws, bypassing parliament

LOL! Now you are getting to know me.
Thank you.
Trust me, I have nothing but respect for healthcare workers. I know the struggles they face.
I have a 14 year old with cerebral palsy. Stage 4 quadriplegic spastic.
I am in medical centers with her all the time.
The effort they put in, the care we get.
When I see the how under funded they are... the crazy hours they work, so there is someone there to care for the people like my daughter.
So I have nothing but respect!
It's the political side of this whole thing, that's my beef!