Controlling E2

valviert

Hi everyone,

I've been on trt now for just over a year. I have been experimenting with different dosages, ranging from 120-210mg/week. I have also experimented with injection frequencies, going from twice weekly to every day. What I find most difficult to control is E2. I have arimidex on hand but I don't do well on it. Even taking as low as 0.125mg makes me feel extremely sick, like I have just caught a bad case of the flu. I have tested my E2 levels and they are towards the top of the range (130-160 pmol/L). Face also tends to just feel super oily and I'll break out whenever E2 starts climbing.

My question to you is what alternatives to AI's have you guys used to lower E2? I am very interested if anybody has been able to optimize E2 with diet (carnivore/veganism) or usingother anabolics such as masteron to compete with estrogen?
Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed somewhere.

Hi everyone,

I've been on trt now for just over a year. I have been experimenting with different dosages, ranging from 120-210mg/week. I have also experimented with injection frequencies, going from twice weekly to every day. What I find most difficult to control is E2. I have arimidex on hand but I don't do well on it. Even taking as low as 0.125mg makes me feel extremely sick, like I have just caught a bad case of the flu. I have tested my E2 levels and they are towards the top of the range (130-160 pmol/L). Face also tends to just feel super oily and I'll break out whenever E2 starts climbing.

My question to you is what alternatives to AI's have you guys used to lower E2? I am very interested if anybody has been able to optimize E2 with diet (carnivore/veganism) or usingother anabolics such as masteron to compete with estrogen?
Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed somewhere.
I for one have estrogen dominance.. I struggle greatly with E2.
One thing I have found to be very beneficial is adding masterone. I add it to just about every cycle.
Other than that, what I have found to be helpful
Is switching from aromasin to adex evey cycle. Seems to be working better.
I need between 25mg a day or eod of aromasin. Or .5 - 1mg of adex a day.
I have started using raloxifene for the first time on my current cycle. I am using 75mg a day. That has allowed me to keep my adex to .5mg a day.
I have preexisting gyno.. that is shrinking, and my E2 is staying well in check.
I am on 100mg eod test prop and 125mg eod tren ace as well as 80mg a day tbol.
No masterone this cycle. But I am using caber.

But my advice if you have e2 issues, try adding 400mg of masterone to your cycle.
If it is just TRT ... maybe someone can chime in with a better masterone dose??

I hope that gave some sort of insight.
Good luck !

Aromasin is way better then Arimidex from my experience anyways.
Im normally pretty good with no ai if I keep my dose low. I am also trying a natural estrogen balancer called DIM. But its only been a week, so cant really comment on if it works.

Pinning more frequently, I always seem to have less estrogen issues as well.
Lowering your dose to that perfect spot where you dont need an ai works best, but after a year or so. That same dose you didn't need an ai with, you will eventually it seems like our bodies get use to it somehow and drives estrogen up.

Aromasin is way better then Arimidex from my experience anyways.
Im normally pretty good with no ai if I keep my dose low. I am also trying a natural estrogen balancer called DIM. But its only been a week, so cant really comment on if it works.

Pinning more frequently, I always seem to have less estrogen issues as well.
Lowering your dose to that perfect spot where you dont need an ai works best, but after a year or so. That same dose you didn't need an ai with, you will eventually it seems like our bodies get use to it somehow and drives estrogen up.
I agree with you about aromasin... but I found it started to loose effectiveness after I had taken it for years.
Now I switch back and forth from adex to aromasin every cycle. I find that works best for me. Well since i developed a tolerance for aromasin.
Maybe that dosen't happen to everyone, but definitely was the case for me

I agree with you about aromasin... but I found it started to loose effectiveness after I had taken it for years.
Now I switch back and forth from adex to aromasin every cycle. I find that works best for me. Well since i developed a tolerance for aromasin.
Maybe that dosen't happen to everyone, but definitely was the case for me
Well that makes alot of sense. Our bodys get use to any drug we take and will eventually lose effectiveness. Even a small reduction in ai can throw us way off

Thanks for the replies guys. I agree with you, cheapshot, the best would be to get to a dosage that you no longer need an ai. I do like the feeling I get from higher test levels though. From what you guys have said about masteron and what I have also heard elsewhere, I am very tempted to give that a try.

I'm guessing a specific diet, for example doing a carnivore diet, wouldn't really have that much of an effect on e2 levels.

Thanks for the replies guys. I agree with you, cheapshot, the best would be to get to a dosage that you no longer need an ai. I do like the feeling I get from higher test levels though. From what you guys have said about masteron and what I have also heard elsewhere, I am very tempted to give that a try.

I'm guessing a specific diet, for example doing a carnivore diet, wouldn't really have that much of an effect on e2 levels.

If you aren't consuming enough carbohydrates that can affect your hormones. If I recall correctly low carb intake has been found to increase estrogen. Ordinarily I would support this with a link to research findings, but I'm too busy this morning.

As for your E2 levels, I don't know how you manage, seriously. I had bloods yesterday and my E2 was 106, and the past 2 days I knew it had moved higher.

What's your current protocol look like? This is mine, 52mg/ twice weekly, and going to be lowering that to 50 and 52, but wrt to AI, I microdose at these levels. I'll take a 25mg (pharma) aromasin tab, cut it into quarters, then cut those into halves, and then cut those in half again. It works out to extremely low dose, but I can take what amounts to 1.5mg and it will sort me out. DIM also works, but I find microdosing the AI works well b/c I only take it once or twice a week.

If you're concerned about low dose test not 'being enough', I'm taking 104mg/wk, my shots are Tues evening/Sat a.m., my bloods yest were TT 33.4nmol/L, FT 661pmol/L, E2 106, and Progesterone was 0.9, upper limit is 0.7, which mostly likely due to the elevated estrogen. It's high when my estrogen is out of whack, but sits at 0.3 when everything is in balance.

I was quite surprised with these levels, but I wasn't at trough. Usually I would do my bloods on Monday afternoon or Tues a.m., to reflect the low point, but it's always good to know where you're at during different points. This was 48 hours after my last injection when the test E would have been past the peak, and mid-way to low point.

Have you done bloods as of late? Would be interested to know how you're progressing/where you're at.

Last edited:
Higher body fat can lead to higher levels of estrogen. Not saying your fat just throwing things out there for you to think about.

IMO dosage is playing a factor. I would consider 150 at the top end of TRT and at 200 you’re at a cruise dose. For the majority the sweet spot is in the 100-125 range.

if you want to add Mast to your TRT I would say run it at 100/week. You obviously can go higher but then you’re in cruise territory.