Coffee

I bought a Delonghi Eletta Super Automatic Espresso Machine. Makes any type of drink at the push of a button... it was pricey, but we don't regret it for a second, and would have to buy another one now should this break. Highly recommend

I am a huge coffee freak.. Its one of the things I cherish most lol..

I find I can not stay on one brand of coffee or brewing procedure... I love changing it up.. I honestly think I have 4 or 5 coffee makers in my house all of which brew slightly different lol..

If you go French Press, make sure you underatand how to use it properly... Do yourself a favour and watch this video

Only thing this video misses is not pouring boiling how water on the ground.. I know so many people who put grounds in the bottom and pour boiling bubbling water on to the grinds.. thats a hard no!! After you boil the water, let it rest until it's not bubbling.. It burns the coffee and gives it a off taste.

Aside from that, it takes a while to find the perfect ratio of water to grinds..

Get good cream.. Buy pure whipping cream (the carton stuff, not the areosol srtuff).. pure whipping cream has least amount of carbs and tastes the best in coffee..

I do like the bullet proof coffee method (MTC, butter, sweetner and whipped)...

Here's a coffee secret not many know.. add salt to your coffee.. I have a large coffee with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.. You might wanrt more or less. But to get salt to make the coffee taste even better, just add enough that you can barely taste it..

I've used "no salt" as well, which is potassium chloride.. Works just as good as salt

Didn't know I needed a good grinder too.. shit I thought I was all set up..lol. my kettle has the temperature, so no worries on it being too hot

I've used "no salt" as well, which is potassium chloride.. Works just as good as salt
I use 1/8 tsp of potassium citrate. Works out to about 730mg and I don't taste it at all.
May up it a little now to see what it does to flavour but that wasn't my reason for trying it lol.

I use 1/8 tsp of potassium citrate. Works out to about 730mg and I don't taste it at all.
May up it a little now to see what it does to flavour but that wasn't my reason for trying it lol.
Salt makes cheap coffee taste like the expensive stuff.

what kind of salt?
regular old table salt..

Try it next time you have coffee.. Just a couple shakes from the shaker.. If you don't taste it slightly, add more next time.. Repeat until you can just taste it..

Have you guys ever had sea salt chocolate? Have you guys not ever put salt on meat? Salt enhances flavour and takes away bittenres.

Anyone living in Toronto should check out Salamanca at Kensington market. They sell lots of amazing coffee beans. I prefer dark roasts, and the oilier the beans look, the better. A lot of the flavor is in the oil and many beans sold in bags are totally dry. My favourite has been Sumatran dark recently.

regular old table salt..

Try it next time you have coffee.. Just a couple shakes from the shaker.. If you don't taste it slightly, add more next time.. Repeat until you can just taste it..

Have you guys ever had sea salt chocolate? Have you guys not ever put salt on meat? Salt enhances flavour and takes away bittenres.

I put salt on my French Toast.

I was driving home after work this morning and not sure why but it came to mind. I use the filtered water from the fridge for my coffee. I have some pretty good tasting tap water but for some reason it is very noticeable when I use it for coffee.
So anyone that is using tap water may want to see if bottled/filtered ups your coffee game.

Salt makes cheap coffee taste like the expensive stuff.
IMO i
regular old table salt..

i agree with you about the salt and bitterness but IMO if your coffee is too bitter it’s likely over extracted. Less extraction (brewing time) and/or larger grind size should do it

Well I have tried 2 different kinds of the kicking horse coffee and its definitely a step down from the bulletproof I started with..lol.. but its also twice the price. The salt seems to work good

Well I have tried 2 different kinds of the kicking horse coffee and its definitely a step down from the bulletproof I started with..lol.. but its also twice the price. The salt seems to work good
Have you tried any fresh roasted beans? There’s got to be somewhere close to where you live, or you can order them online. Freshly roasted beans are a massive step up from grocery store beans that don’t have a roast date.

Anyone living in Toronto should check out Salamanca at Kensington market. They sell lots of amazing coffee beans. I prefer dark roasts, and the oilier the beans look, the better. A lot of the flavor is in the oil and many beans sold in bags are totally dry. My favourite has been Sumatran dark recently.
I will definitely check it out

I recently got a french press and found a new love for good coffee. Just wondering what everyone drinks? I like to try new kinds. Im buying the bulletproof beans off amazon right now and its good.
I get all my beans from Phillipines. Im sure I could bring you a bag next time I go. I have some now, but am saving it as its super expensive to get shipped from there. The two bags that are open now are about a year old lol. Its fine for me, but if your not picky with old beans im sure could send you enough for few cups.