Coffee

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
I recently got a french press and found a new love for good coffee. Just wondering what everyone drinks? I like to try new kinds. Im buying the bulletproof beans off amazon right now and its good.

For everyday espresso i like Illy or Lavazza. If I am looking for something slightly more special that I would brew in the french press I go for some local BC roasters like Kicking Horse (the grizzly claw or three sisters blend), I also have a home coffee roaster and roast my own as well which is by far the best. I always grind my coffee fresh as well makes a huge difference.

Yup on the Kicking horse. Grind my own. Grizzy Claw. Just have the usual percolator though so I cannot comment on the french press.

Kicking Horse here as well. Grizzly claw is good. Some of the mediums are ok as well. I buy usually 4 bags at a time.

I like the Starbucks beans from Costco 😋
I buy a bag of the Starbucks seconds at Costco. Expresso Roast. Red bag. Grind my own beans every morning and use AeroPress. I have friends with $1,000s into machines that roast cat poop droppings and it don't even come close to my hand pressed brew.
The Starbucks Winter blend they have there is also fantastic! It is a whole bean medium roast but very tasty and full bodied, tastes awesome from the press.

I recently got a french press and found a new love for good coffee. Just wondering what everyone drinks? I like to try new kinds. Im buying the bulletproof beans off amazon right now and its good.
Do yourself a favour and buy some fresh roasted beans. From a local place if able. You’ll never go back to grocery store beans after you’ve had fresh beans.

And get yourself a decent burr grinder! You can get a quality hand grinder for $100. If you want an electric one you’ll have to spend a few more bucks

I buy a bag of the Starbucks seconds at Costco. Expresso Roast. Red bag. Grind my own beans every morning and use AeroPress. I have friends with $1,000s into machines that roast cat poop droppings and it don't even come close to my hand pressed brew.
I use an aeropress daily. Best $30 ever spend! With fresh beans and a good grinder it’s unreal

I am a huge coffee freak.. Its one of the things I cherish most lol..

I find I can not stay on one brand of coffee or brewing procedure... I love changing it up.. I honestly think I have 4 or 5 coffee makers in my house all of which brew slightly different lol..

If you go French Press, make sure you underatand how to use it properly... Do yourself a favour and watch this video

Only thing this video misses is not pouring boiling how water on the ground.. I know so many people who put grounds in the bottom and pour boiling bubbling water on to the grinds.. thats a hard no!! After you boil the water, let it rest until it's not bubbling.. It burns the coffee and gives it a off taste.

Aside from that, it takes a while to find the perfect ratio of water to grinds..

Get good cream.. Buy pure whipping cream (the carton stuff, not the areosol srtuff).. pure whipping cream has least amount of carbs and tastes the best in coffee..

I do like the bullet proof coffee method (MTC, butter, sweetner and whipped)...

Here's a coffee secret not many know.. add salt to your coffee.. I have a large coffee with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.. You might wanrt more or less. But to get salt to make the coffee taste even better, just add enough that you can barely taste it..

I've used "no salt" as well, which is potassium chloride.. Works just as good as salt

oh I hand grind my beans as well.. I have a small hand grinder.. I can adjust the coarsness as well. It is a pain sitting and grinding by hand, but when you use electric grinders, they heat the beans up too much. A real burr grinder of good quality will not heat the beans.. I just don't have the counter space lol

oh I hand grind my beans as well.. I have a small hand grinder.. I can adjust the coarsness as well. It is a pain sitting and grinding by hand, but when you use electric grinders, they heat the beans up too much. A real burr grinder of good quality will not heat the beans.. I just don't have the counter space lol
Which hand grinder are you using?