Calf variations

My calves are classic bad genetics. The only thing I've found that does anything to them is when I use a spin bike for cardio to use my calves to power every down stroke slowly on a harder setting with toes on the pedals to push past flat, then back it off and ease up on them, then repeat like doing sets. They are destroyed after this and have grown as a result, and I get my cardio in
I've never deliberately cut weigh to lean out. I accidently cut, or tried dropping weight to kinda restart from a lower weight; to change which muscles were bigger then the rest. But I never did cardio with intentions of cutting. I would just pay attention to my heart rate. But yesterday I was on the elliptical, I let go of the hand bar thingies to grab my water. So the heart rate came off the screen and was replaced with calories burned, it showed I only burned 105 calories and I was like 'holy fuck if I wanna cut I gotta do that 35 times to lose a pound? The fuck!?!'.

Probably the muscle most affected by genetics in the whole body across the population. I say probably because that's been the narrative for what seems like forever. Specifically to "high calves" I definitely agree but moreover I think the perception is based on how long they take to develop if they start out like pipecleaners. Too many guys give up cause "bad genetics". If your starting point sucks you might be looking at several years after any noob gains.
Biggest mistake made by most trainees IMO? Poor specific targeting of weight transfer through the foot.
Bad - Rocking up onto the whole ball of the foot.
Excellent - Make the effort to go up way higher than the ball of the foot. Try to push very specifically all the way through your big toe. ALL THE WAY UP until your big toe nail is perpendicular to the ground so you look like a ballerina.

This fits your issue very well @Palmer1991 because it puts a little more pressure on that inner head. Yes there really is only one tendon leading to both heads of the gastrocs but you can feel that there is more tension on the inside one.
Can you really get right up onto the toe like I describe? Well I have never seen it done without what would look like proper form but it's about intent and focus.
Angle of the toes? Toes out for the inner, In for the outer But don't over do the angle, at some point past about 15 degrees we are starting to grind up the innards of the ankle. I think you can get the same amount of effect by doing them straight ahead but varying the spacing which eliminates the excessive grinding of bony surfaces. Outside of shoulder width for the inner and feet tight together for the outer.

Individual anatomy rules apply as always so how to quickly see what these positions do for you? I believe Vince Gironda used to figure this out by doing some outlandish over training of the exercise he was trying to figure out. I recall that he did hundreds or maybe thousands of reps of the various triceps positions to see which ones hit which heads. So like 4-5 days in a row of only French Press with a dumbell and see which head got sore, then some rest followed by days of pulley pushdowns and same type of observation.
My heart always skips a beat when you and goldenrod say my name in your post. Like PTSD of childhood memories of getting into trouble lol

"Mr. Palmer 👿"
😬...yea?🫣😶‍🌫️
Lol