BTC ETF

What assets are going to be worth anything if the economy collapses?
Likely only fertile land.
Gold, silver, btc, real estate imo, anything with limited supply.
If you really want to go tin foil hat then ammo and gas are pretty important. Everyone has guns, but you eventually run out of ammo and gas..haha

Yes in an all out doomsday, ammo would get you whatever you want..lol
Good point. In an all out doomsday scenario im pretty sure the military would be the guys calling the shots at that point. Them and whoever else has the firepower to bully people. But then again thats not much different than the world we live in already lol

Last edited:
I heard a story of a bowl of gold trading even for a bowl of rice. When your trying to feed you kids it wont matter
that’s my thought. i understand the investment in gold if you’re betting on the economy not dying, but if it dies you’d realistically be better off investing in other things. even lumber or steel at that point since those can be used to build things still, where as gold is used really only in electrical components and jewelry. being said, it takes a lot more space to buy $1M worth of lumber vs a million dollar gold bar hahaha

Im already mostly out of the dollar, whatever cash me and my wife have that isnt needed for bills is out of the bank. The rest is in precious metals, crypto, some stocks, 1 classic car and a bunch of other small things. Real estate not yet, and I rather not go into debt to do so right now. I'd rather be debt free and have the money to buy what i want when theres blood in the streets. Plus i hate paying banks interest lol. Being debt free gives me way to much of an edge, especially to take on more risk.

I've already consolidated my crypto to the ones i want to keep long term and I have some coins i will sell purely for profit, plan is to throw the lion's share into my brokerage account and buy whats on sale, mostly dividend paying ETFs. I've been transitioning to full time day trading so the rest will go towards that.

Now a place to live. Man, thats been on my mind for a while. This country scares me to be honest, in some way it always has. My family has some land in Jamaica, so that might be an option, I have no idea yet.
You sound like you have a strategy that suits you. It's different for everyone. It's good to be concerned. I would bet 90% of the Canadian population has no idea how screwed they are.

Mexico is one place for me. I am set up there and feel good about that.
I am seriously looking at in the following order
1. Argentina
2. Columbia
3. Panama

With the world inching closer to a large scale war, I think some farmland in South or Latin America would be a good thing to have.

You sound like you have a strategy that suits you. It's different for everyone. It's good to be concerned. I would bet 90% of the Canadian population has no idea how screwed they are.

1. Argentina
2. Columbia
3. Panama

With the world inching closer to a large scale war, I think some farmland in South or Latin America would be a good thing to have.
I try my best. I have yet to meet anyone in person that even remotely strategizes like this. They really don't see how bad things are here. Things may improve here as they allow for more privatization but I doubt it. But really, the politics scares me. During the pandemic people showed their true colours. Its terrifying how many people trust the government and will support them.

Florida or Atlanta might be a place for me as I have family there if I wanted to stay in North America.

I've considered South America as well. My dad's side of the family is from Guyana. It would be nice to go to places where I have family so it's easier to get situated. But from what I understand, while they are quickly developing with the oil industry growing, they're not quite the place to live yet if you're wealthy with the crime and what not.

Time will tell, but for now it's definitely something I keep in the back of my mind.

1. Argentina
2. Columbia
3. Panama

I doubt they will collapse everything, they still need their slaves so the elite can eat and so on.

I just keep saving money in case I need to leave.