BTC ETF

All 11 approved. I was thinking about taking some profits if it goes up alot, but then Id be waiting on the sidelines to buy more.

Reactions: 3ml
I think selling any asset just to have cash is a mistake
If I take profits it will be going into another asset, most likely property.

I know last bull run people close to me were saying they would sell it all if they were me. My response was....and do what with it? I already have the best horse in the race.

Alot of people are saying this.
It makes zero sense in my opinion.
If you dont mind me asking, why? Personally i think if the debt market stays stable it should continue higher like everything else.

I think selling any asset just to have cash is a mistake
If I take profits it will be going into another asset, most likely property.

I know last bull run people close to me were saying they would sell it all if they were me. My response was....and do what with it? I already have the best horse in the race.
Exactly. I sold off shitcoins and consolidated a lot of the coins i want for long term holds that were 75-80% off. Thats a deal for me. Remaining cash went to buying physical silver.

crypto as an investment rather than a currency for buy/selling product has always seemed weird to me. maybe someone could explain the value of it to me, considering it’s not something that really exists aside from lines of code. not sure how the inherent value of it increases, considering it’s being produce the same way without anything driving it besides people putting their money into it and watching the graph move.

crypto as an investment rather than a currency for buy/selling product has always seemed weird to me. maybe someone could explain the value of it to me, considering it’s not something that really exists aside from lines of code. not sure how the inherent value of it increases, considering it’s being produce the same way without anything driving it besides people putting their money into it and watching the graph move.
Well theres only 21million bitcoin and alot are already gone. Over 10% , i hear up to 25%.. so limited supply imo

There is no real price discovery mechanism in place for these things yet so its largely speculation and they act primarily as an investment vehicle that basically tracks the traditional markets. There are those however that invest in them based on their potential utility. Some invest because they're outside the dollar and treat them almost like hard assets such as precious metals. To others they're a hedge against inflation.

There are companies working to use these things for CBDCs, derivatives, smart contracts. Imagine having no middle man while buying and selling an asset for instance. All sorts of things.

If you dont mind me asking, why? Personally i think if the debt market stays stable it should continue higher like everything else.

Exactly. I sold off shitcoins and consolidated a lot of the coins i want for long term holds that were 75-80% off. Thats a deal for me. Remaining cash went to buying physical silver.
I think we are on the same page I also think it will continue much higher. You said sell the news event and I said I it didn't make sense to me as I mean I think it's going higher

There are so many great reasons to be in it.
I am too tired tonight to get into it. Watch some videos with Micheal Saylor. He has a great way of explaining the genius of bitcoin

Now replace the word "crypto" with "Canadian dollar" and read it again...

For real, do it before continuing reading..

Ok now,

The value of the Canadian dollar is not backed by gold (or anything of that matter) anymore, so what gives the canadian dollar its value is basically just faith that people are going to believe in it and want to continue using it. Because let's say you started saving for retirement and then fast forward a few years you are 65 with a million dollars in the bank and its time to retire, well if everyone in canada decides that they wanna trade in USD, now you got nothing..

That value is essentially similar to how Cryptos get their value. Faith in the system. People clearly have more faith in crypto, considering one bitcoin is worth like 62,000 Canadian coins right now.

Cash was originally a certificate for gold, so that you wouldnt have to carry your gold around with you. Instead of giving some guy 1.25 ounces of gold, you'd give him a note that represented 1.25 ounces of gold that he could take to the bank and exchange with.

So more or less what I’m hearing is Bitcoin has a finite value of coins, but why is that? Is that because the person who created it decided that would be the hard stop? or is there another reason?

Also, it’s investing in an idea, or the future of the idea, which I can get behind.

What main purpose does it serve at present besides buying/selling product in the currency? I understand the greater level of anonymity, but that is only really a necessity at present when dealing with illegal goods as most major retailers don’t accept it as a form of payment. Bitcoin I would think would also be rendered useless in a barter situation compared to gold or silver (don’t really understand the value in those either except for the rarity.)

One last question, in the realm of buying bitcoin (as opposed to mining it,) would the price of the coin not also coincide to some degree with the inflation of the currency you’re purchasing it with?

And this is in no way bashing it like some people do, this is genuine curiosity and wanting to learn more about it.

I think we are on the same page I also think it will continue much higher. You said sell the news event and I said I it didn't make sense to me as I mean I think it's going higher
I get that but what's your reasoning?
when are people going to give up on xrp
It's junk
Like it or not the winners are already decided.

Personally i think BTC's use case is rather vague and the elite aren't really hiding what they're doing anyhow. BTC seem doesn't fit in with it. It functions no different than something like doge coin or digibyte, which is actually an improvement on BTC's tech funny enough. I mean maybe people buy the stuff and keep it? Wooptidoo. Tokenized gold sounds much more appealing to me if i was a central bank. I don't know maybe im missing the point of it other than an investment vehicle I'd love for someone to show me otherwise.

So all that's left is a bunch of Bitcoin fanatics that think Satoshi created something equivocal to the second coming of Christ as God's gift to humanity against central banks. When in fact their bottom line is the dollar made by central banks. It's central bank money running their mining rigs(highly incentivized by cheap energy) and it's the dollar they want to go back in after they made their money to buy stuff with their profits. The disconnect is insane.

I might add homeland security slipped up and mentioned that they found the 3 people that made it so then theres that.

Now replace the word "crypto" with "Canadian dollar" and read it again...

For real, do it before continuing reading..

Ok now,

The value of the Canadian dollar is not backed by gold (or anything of that matter) anymore, so what gives the canadian dollar its value is basically just faith that people are going to believe in it and want to continue using it. Because let's say you started saving for retirement and then fast forward a few years you are 65 with a million dollars in the bank and its time to retire, well if everyone in canada decides that they wanna trade in USD, now you got nothing..

That value is essentially similar to how Cryptos get their value. Faith in the system. People clearly have more faith in crypto, considering one bitcoin is worth like 62,000 Canadian coins right now.

Cash was originally a certificate for gold, so that you wouldnt have to carry your gold around with you. Instead of giving some guy 1.25 ounces of gold, you'd give him a note that represented 1.25 ounces of gold that he could take to the bank and exchange with.
Well if I replace my statement with the canadian dollar, it wouldn’t really make sense as I’m not investing in the canadian dollar, that’s just the currency my wage is paid in. I suppose I invest my time and effort in exchange for the CAD, but I don’t spend say USD or the euro to buy the CAD.

I agree that it’s also bullshit since it’s not tied to the gold standard. It’s all imaginary numbers the world throws its own value to via global trade, which is also not tied to the gold standard. So you’re absolutely correct on that similarity.

My curiosity more-so sparks from comparing it to investing in an active corporation like amazon as an example. Their quarterly balance sheet would be a factor in this price (ik politics and the overall same idea of people pumping their money into it is overall a bigger effect,) but crypto lacks pretty well all of those aspects. Or at least to my knowledge it does.

And maybe I’m just looking at it from the wrong angle all together, which is why I’m asking questions.

XRP will be used by every financial institution with the ability to send money in any currency in any amount in seconds….wait until they are adopted by the SWIFT application …..ya so your right junk lol 🤦🏻‍♂️
They won't be the only gig in town looking to take some of SWIFTs action. Even SWIFT will be ISO20022 complaint and use another crypto.

Reactions: 3ml