Bloated gut

Looks like you have a case of leaky guy.
1. Super digestive enzymes
2, berbine
3. Collegen peptides.
4. A good Probiotic.
These things will resolve this issue.
If the issue returns then theres an underlying issue causing the leaky gut( exsample tooth infection) can cause leaky gut as the infection leaks into your stomach and over time causes leaky gut.
this take in more fiber too

My diet consists of apples, bananas, eggs, spinach, brown rice, tofu, fish, blueberries, protein powder and oatmeal.

Changes are coming to timing and I will insert some other carbs and remove some.

Ok so fyi:

Bought Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice, Collagen peptides, Red River Cereal.......adding L Glutamine to shakes too.

Lets start here with trying to minimize gut distension to a manageable level.

Fiber, fiber, fiber!!! Go get some Metamucil and take 2 tsps every night before bed.

Ensure you are well hydrated, dehydration will cause constipation.

Apple cider vinegar. Take 1 tbsp in the am upon wakening with 1L of water BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.

I'd go get some kefir as well and take one serving per day for the prebiotic. Adjust macros to allow for this.

I would also cut out any wheat product and replace it with rice products. Eg; cream of rice for cream of wheat.

This will fix you.

Fiber, fiber, fiber!!! Go get some Metamucil and take 2 tsps every night before bed.

Ensure you are well hydrated, dehydration will cause constipation.

Apple cider vinegar. Take 1 tbsp in the am upon wakening with 1L of water BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.

I'd go get some kefir as well and take one serving per day for the prebiotic. Adjust macros to allow for this.

I would also cut out any wheat product and replace it with rice products. Eg; cream of rice for cream of wheat.

This will fix you.
Fibre is also a prebiotic, gut bacteria loves to live on it.
I usually split my fibre between lunch and bed, but 2 at night would for sure get things moving in the morning, lol.

My diet consists of apples, bananas, eggs, spinach, brown rice, tofu, fish, blueberries, protein powder and oatmeal.

Changes are coming to timing and I will insert some other carbs and remove some.
I would ditch the brown rice too for a while. I bloat super bad off it.

Fibre is also a prebiotic, gut bacteria loves to live on it.
I usually split my fibre between lunch and bed, but 2 at night would for sure get things moving in the morning, lol.
Oh it does man. I've tried all kind if different timings and for myself I've found the 2 before bed the most optimal. Over night gives it lots of time to work!

Have no helpful advice but just wanted to give you props for your motivation and having the kahoonies to jump in head first to this bodybuilding life style like this at 60.
Can be an adventure.
đź’Ş

Ok so fyi:

Bought Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice, Collagen peptides, Red River Cereal.......adding L Glutamine to shakes too.

Lets start here with trying to minimize gut distension to a manageable level.
im 54 and I can see a huge difference in my stomach form 5 years ago.
The last time I got bloated feeling, i change my protein, some of the suppose natural protein, will make u swell like a 9 month pregnant woman.
Also i use 3 time per day MCT oil, morning 1cs in my coffee, the 1 cs 1 hour after lunch and 1 hour after dinner.
It worked for me
Then a bowl of wheat cereal in evening

Good morning! Thanks for all this great advice and reflection! Taking a que from Funnyman as he helped me kick this all off. Started with Red River cereal on meal 1. No bloat.

I have noticed the brown rice harder than the white rice was. Thanks for that.

I am going to sort through all this and research a few pieces I am unfamiliar with. IE: Berberine

The journey continues!!

Look into this. I don't pimp many products. This is by far the best product for slower digestion, folks with Diverticulosis, and other gut issues.

Best by far of anything ive ever taken. I ve taken everything believe me.

Fiber is ok, but keep well hydrated and packing fiber into a slow moving GI tract is very bad for the system. Does not work.
Probiotics can assist, but lots of garbage out there.
Try prebiotic foods, plenty of water. Magnesium levels need to be up on point. we need 450 mg of Magnesium per day. Keep potassium in check as well, we need 4500mg per day to be optimal. We are all low on these 2 minerals. I am not any longer.
Magnesium has ahuge impact on the bowels, no pun intended.

Do this and i guarantee a whole new world.
Oh yeah, do not take your salt intake to low either. If potassium and Magnesium are on point and water ingestion is good, salt takes the water to the cells and to the gut, potassium helps maintain balance.

Day 2 using Red River Cereal at meal 1. No bloating. I'll give it the weekend. I'll try to add it at meal 2. I am moving slow on this. Its important to me to narrow down the changes that get me the best results.

Reactions: PGM
Coach had me do about 6 weeks of weight stabilizing then 1 month reverse dieting. (New terms to me).

Carbs!!! shit yeah I am eating a lot of oatmeal and rice! Adding a banana or an apple in each serving of oatmeal. I track everything like a religion. Calendar and log daily from the start.

I still have a long way to go. I'm 61years old 5'5" and 159lbs currently.

I gain fat so easy at this age its a shocker!!

Thanks for the heads up on it being carb related I eat a protein at each of my 6 meals too.

I can spread the carbs out more. It is the volume all at once it cripples me! I am constipated at least 3-4 days a week. Never quite empty either.
You want to stop constipation. I started taking a swig of virgin olive oil every morning and voila everything just flowed through. I started this after a real bad case of constipation when I was training for a competition and I could not believe how well it worked. And virgin olive oil is a very healthy add to the diet.

This is a very good thread as I suffer bloat a lot as well. I have minimized my food intake per meal as @Bagua mentioned and this helps a lot but not totally. I am going to try the 4 things @Sorbate mentioned and look into the product @ironwill mentioned. I fucking hate bloat ... ruins my day. The vertical diet also sounds good as well.

I have to say.. I am really grateful for all this support and feedback. So much of this is new to me as I've said. The additional anomalies my injuries cause make this a true experiment in cause in affect!

Its good to know I don't have to do this alone.

Reactions: PGM
How much protein are you eating?
only thing that bloats me is
1) fibre
2) protein
3) fat
4) high sodium

I found these to be the worst so I only drink shakes for my protein now and stay away from fats/processed foods. Never had my digestion this well before, I feel amazing

Hi folks...I have now swapped out the oatmeal to Red River Cereal. I am trying the white rice over brown idea next. I started putting L glutamine in my protein shakes. I've added Apple cider vinegar to my morning routine.

That's alot of changes.

I am eating bout 185 grams of protein a day. I weigh 160lbs.