A very different type of bodybuilding

Lol this isn’t bodybuilding

Very cool but not even to be put in same category
I thought of your post today, and I think I disagree. Bodybuilding shouldn't be the same as massmonster musclebuilding. Some people want aesthetics, some people want usefulness, or performance, or flexibility.

I just want to look good in clothes, acceptable naked, and live as long and as healthily as possible, I also want to be able to get in and out of a wheelchair from the floor, (which is actually very difficult as a paraplegic, like one in fifty of us can do it) that's the body I want to build.

So I lift weights and weigh my food. Same program, different goals.

Aren't I a bodybuilder too?

The age old debate.

It's complicated because there's the SPORT of bodybuilding and the ACT of bodybuilding. Those who compete in the sport like to gate keep the term for whatever reason.

In my opinion, technically you aren't a "bodybuilder" unless you train with the intent of competing in the sport. If you train with the intent of sculpting your body in whatever way but not participating in the sport, you can say you bodybuild. You can't really identify as a bodybuilder. If that makes sense.

To make a comparison, can a guy shooting hoops in his driveway call himself a basketball player without ever intending to step on a court and actually playing?

Either way, WHO GIVES A FUCK lol.

The age old debate.

It's complicated because there's the SPORT of bodybuilding and the ACT of bodybuilding. Those who compete in the sport like to gate keep the term for whatever reason.

In my opinion, technically you aren't a "bodybuilder" unless you train with the intent of competing in the sport. If you train with the intent of sculpting your body in whatever way but not participating in the sport, you can say you bodybuild. You can't really identify as a bodybuilder. If that makes sense.

To make a comparison, can a guy shooting hoops in his driveway call himself a basketball player without ever intending to step on a court and actually playing?

Either way, WHO GIVES A FUCK lol.
I like this. I am 265 at 5'10 and look like a bodybuilder, but I consider myself a martial artist who trains with weights and lots of hojo undo. I have never considered entering a contest and have never trained with that in mind. I liken it to one of my pet peeves of a person who sets a bag up in the basement and bangs on it, who considers himself a boxer. It's an elitist way of thinking, but if you aren't training under the guidance of a trainer and sparring, you are just banging on a bag.

Shit this thread is getting philosophical lol.

I think anyone who is looking to gain muscle is technically bodybuilding. This could be anyone from the old lady across the street to the guy or girl competing.

But being a "bodybuilder" to me is someone who is building a physique with aesthetics in mind in other words the art of bodybuilding.

I’m not going to take this thread seriously until there is a car analogy in here.
Buddy in the video is like a sleeper civic, stock everything with a big turbo. Goes fast, looks like shit. A pro bodybuilder is the Lambo or Ferrari fast and look good. lol 😂

Last edited:
Buddy in the video is like a sleeper civic, stock every with a big turbo. Goes fast, looks like shit. A pro bodybuilder is the Lambo or Ferrari fast and look good. lol 😂
I'd say the pro bodybuilder is a hellcat or even the TRX lol.

My wife put it like this, and it actually makes sense.

I have before said I was a bodybuilder, my wife thought it sounded pretentious to other people.
She figures unless you step on stage I’m more like a guy who likes to lift weights.

She said it’s better to understate yourself and let your appearance speak for itself. Then you seem more humble.

My wife put it like this, and it actually makes sense.

I have before said I was a bodybuilder, my wife thought it sounded pretentious to other people.
She figures unless you step on stage I’m more like a guy who likes to lift weights.

She said it’s better to understate yourself and let your appearance speak for itself. Then you seem more humble.
I really like that. Come to think about it, i never called myself a bodybuilder i just say I'm into bodybuilding. I guess i kinda leave it up to other people to decide. Though now i have people complimenting me and the younger kids at work asking for tips I'd say i at least look like i workout haha.

I really like that. Come to think about it, i never called myself a bodybuilder i just say I'm into bodybuilding. I guess i kinda leave it up to other people to decide. Though now i have people complimenting me and the younger kids at work asking for tips I'd say i at least look like i workout haha.
You know come to think about it, all my huge friends that never competed never called themselves bodybuilders.
But I am not putting anyone down if they want to, just what my wife said made sense to me.
Shes the brains and I'm the brawn, lol.

You know come to think about it, all my huge friends that never competed never called themselves bodybuilders.
But I am not putting anyone down if they want to, just what my wife said made sense to me.
Shes the brains and I'm the brawn, lol.
I mean if you're training with aesthetics in mind i think you are a bodybuilder. Maybe it comes down to some of us actually looking like one? or thinking we look like one? haha i mean it would be pretty embrassing to call myself a bodybuilder the day i decided to get into it when i was 16 and 150lbs :ROFLMAO: or even now, i think i look like shit, i just finished my bulk so i guess in clothes i look big lol

I still consider myself a bodybuilder because my intention is to build a great physique with art in mind even though i don't compete, i just don't vocalize it.

Bodybuilding is building a physique for esthetic reasons, even if you're not jacked. Trying to get stronger without building muscle is closer to powerlifting than bodybuilding but not exactly powerlifting either unless his goal is to squat bench and deadlift as much as possible in a given weight class.

Fuck,you guys made it seem like buddy was really strong or something. He stretches and does gymnastics ffs. Most pathetic form one arm pushup ive ever seen. Goes down fine and then just pushes his upper body up lol fml. 😆
Knockoff gymnast!! Gtfoh

Ok at least give him z24 cavalier status haha🤣
Hey, I owned a z24 cavalier. Not the best car. Mind you once I put 120 psi gas charged struts on, that stiffened up the suspension, then put 245 50’s on all 4 wheels it cornered pretty good, lol.

I traded that car for an El Camino, I already had a motor I built for it. Plus I wasn’t a fan of front wheel drive.