1” x 25G vs 5/8” x 25G... will they both work?

For future reference, if you go to a pharmacy asking about needles tell them you are on hormone replacement therapy, and your endocrinologist suggested... (you get the idea).
I’ve tried this. You are lucky to have more understanding pharmacists in your area. Maybe it’s because I don’t live in a big city who knows? I’ll be buying online in the future now that I’m not so ignorant on the subject. Until I discovered online forums last year I used to get all my gear locally and my local source is the one that showed me that route so I really didn’t think nothing of it until I brought it up here to be honest I’m glad I did other wise I would of never even considered what I was doing was wrong

I find when I buy insulin needles by the case, the girls at the counter get confused, like I don’t look sick, why do I need them.
So what I do now, is bring in a empty bag, so they can read what it says and I just say, whole case please.

One time at another pharmacy they were really looking at me funny, I just told them I was on hormone replacement therapy. Problem solved after that.
either way we got around the bullshit. I have always found lawtons to be good... shoppers not so much. I bought 300 needles last time... very inexpensive on-line. I give some away to my friends ... wink wink say no more.

Its so stupid they ask what the needles are for. They are not cops..lol. I had one old lady at walwart pharmacy tell me i needed a prescription for sharps container and asking me what its for. I was sonpissed I told her I had a drug problem so I will just use my old ones and bury them..lol. probably not the right thing to say. One other time I just needed a syringe on vacation in Banff. I asked them for one and told them it was for trt. They went out of their way to make sure I knew how ro do it properly and gave me the syringe for free... isnt that what they are suppose to do?? If i saw a bum wanting 100 fucking pins, I would buy them for him and tell him to hand them out to his buddies. We can't even by them for ourselves...lol

Its so stupid they ask what the needles are for. They are not cops..lol. I had one old lady at walwart pharmacy tell me i needed a prescription for sharps container and asking me what its for. I was sonpissed I told her I had a drug problem so I will just use my old ones and bury them..lol. probably not the right thing to say. One other time I just needed a syringe on vacation in Banff. I asked them for one and told them it was for trt. They went out of their way to make sure I knew how ro do it properly and gave me the syringe for free... isnt that what they are suppose to do?? If i saw a bum wanting 100 fucking pins, I would buy them for him and tell him to hand them out to his buddies. We can't even by them for ourselves...lol
FYI y'all, unfortunately they do have the right to decide whether they sell them to you or not. They also have the right to ask you any questions they want to to aid them in making that determination, we are under no such obligation to answer though. I've never even come across anything official that says you have to tell them the truth however.

I've not failed to get them ever despite objections by remaining calm and sensible while explaining the logic and putting on my Karen hat to work my way up the chain of command. More than once I have however put on a bit of a show at the counter while a line formed up behind me and then explaining to the crowd in the line up what was taking so long resulting in the crowd getting vocal and putting the pressure on the pharmacy staff.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you guys do, but I’ve never had an issue. I just ask. Sometimes they are confused so I bring an empty insulin bag, but not once have they told me no, or even close to no.
Normally I’ll chat and say something stupid beforehand. I guess maybe dealing with people all day, makes it easier, I’m not nervous at all.
Shit one time when I was cold water extracting the codine out of t1’s I asked for 2 of the 100 pill bottles and made a joke about extracting the codine. Then I said I was joking, but was grabbing one for my mom. Those are the ones they keep behind the counter. Got it no issues.