1” x 25G vs 5/8” x 25G... will they both work?

Also I’m not sure if every city has this or not but I recently discovered that if you just take a drive to your city’s dt area there is a place where they give out pins for free. I literally walked out with a shopping bag of boxes of pins every size I wanted! Best part is we all have to wear masks so nobody will recognize you going in there! Lol

How do you feel about taxpayers supporting your drug habit? No qualms ?

@Testlover420
I'm all for supplying access to clean needles, as prevention is cheaper than the treatment of a disease contracted via sharing needles. But, you're knowingly taking advantage of that service. How is that any different than going to a food bank when you can afford to buy groceries?

I'm not hating on you, dude, but a year's worth of needles is nothing.

Last edited:
@Testlover420
I'm all for supplying access to clean needles, as prevention is cheaper than the treatment of a disease contracted via sharing needles. But, you're knowingly taking advantage of that service. How is that any different than going to a food bank when you can afford to buy groceries?

I'm not hating on you, dude, but a year's worth of needles is nothing.
It’s not like that at all bro. There are no people going to starve if I go get free pins. It’s not like I’m going and taking insulin pins out of a diabetic hands either. I’m grabbing 18g and 23g pins do you honestly think that those are common used for anything else besides steroids?? It’s not like someone is going without because of that. Maybe if you are running trt all year it’s cheap but when pinning Ed or eod they add up quickly. I would never go to a food bank totally different thing you are wrong

How do you feel about taxpayers supporting your drug habit? No qualms ?
Drug habit? I pay my fair share of taxes I honestly don’t feel guilty at all about taking a box of 18g and 23g once in a while it makes up for the doctor visits I DO NOT TAKE or any other service for that matter. I’m 37 own a house been working full time since I was 18 I feel zero guilt.

It’s not like that at all bro. There are no people going to starve if I go get free pins. It’s not like I’m going and taking insulin pins out of a diabetic hands either. I’m grabbing 18g and 23g pins do you honestly think that those are common used for anything else besides steroids?? It’s not like someone is going without because of that. Maybe if you are running trt all year it’s cheap but when pinning Ed or eod they add up quickly. I would never go to a food bank totally different thing you are wrong
First, that's an error in the needle access policy. It doesn't make any sense why a needle exchange/access facility would provide free access to non-intravenous needles. It's not that anyone is going without b/c you are doing it, but you're not owed anything. I pin 3x week, and it's cheap as f**k. $1.50/wk, which is two needles for each syringe. Eod would be an extra $1.50 every 7 days. Eod at my cost is $21/month.

To each their own, but if you're gainfully employed I can't condone the practice. The service is there to prevent spread of disease. And, regardless if it ever affected another's access it's the principle of the thing. My 2 cents, which is worth just that.

Last edited:
First, that's an error in their needle access policy. It doesn't make any sense why a needle exchange/access facility would provide free access to non-intravenous needles. It's not that anyone is going without b/c you are doing it, but when one person is multiplied by 1000 that makes an impact on budgets. I pin 3x week, and it's cheap as f**k. $1.50/wk, which is two needles for each syringe. Eod would be an extra $1.50 every 7 days. Eod at my cost is $21/month.

To each their own, but if you're gainfully employed I can't condone the practice. It would be different if you were out of work and just scraping to get by. Someone may end up going without b/c the money wasted on the needles you take could affect supply of needles others need. The thing is you would never know. And, even if it did not, it's the principle of the thing. My 2 cents, which is worth just that.
Where are you buying your needles if you don’t mind me asking? The pharmacy that carries them in my area charge 1.30 per needle. I know it’s not that expensive but it wasn’t really about the money really it was the ease of just going in grabbing what I needed no questions asked unlike the pharmacies in my area

I mean saving money was a bonus but I never really took into consideration what you have brought up and it is a good point something to think about anyway

I mean saving money was a bonus but I never really took into consideration what you have brought up and it is a good point something to think about anyway
I have a fairly strong opinion on it b/c I worked in addiction facilities, and safe injection sites are essential, and those budgets are slim. More than that I required extensive medical care following an accident, and I am very grateful for the care I received.

I was buying mine at a small local pharmacy, needles were .10-.15 each and syringes were .20-.25. I know prices have gone up. I never paid anywhere close to that for a single needle. Some pharmacies can special order you a box.

If anyone has some info on this I'm curious what needles cost from Costco? Even Walmart might provide a decent price. I have yet to check the prices on the buyneedles.ca. They are selling 1cc syringes for 12.95, pack of 25, and needles come in boxes of 100, priced around $25. 3cc pack of 25 is only $8.95.

I go with 23g 1” everywhere. I’ve used 25 and 27g in 5/8”, 1” and 1.5”. Anything over 23g takes way too long to inject and really shouldn’t be used for oil IMO. As you reduce the diameter of the needle you increase the exit velocity of the oil which can cause a host of problems.

5/8” works ok for quads, lats, biceps, triceps etc... as Kinger said, 1” minimum for glutes.

Drug habit? I pay my fair share of taxes I honestly don’t feel guilty at all about taking a box of 18g and 23g once in a while it makes up for the doctor visits I DO NOT TAKE or any other service for that matter. I’m 37 own a house been working full time since I was 18 I feel zero guilt.
Yes, drug habit, which one of those words do you not understand? I find the rest of your arguement morally weak but of course you have the right to do you, I was just curious how you felt about it and now I know.

If what @resilient1 said doesn't get the point across then I doubt anything I would add would help either.

Yes, drug habit, which one of those words do you not understand? I find the rest of your arguement morally weak but of course you have the right to do you, I was just curious how you felt about it and now I know.

If what @resilient1 said doesn't get the point across then I doubt anything I would add would help either.
I understand fully what those words mean and I’m happy to say I don’t have a drug habit thank you. If you would read my comment I agreed with ressilient1 said and said he had good points that I had never considered them before so please get off your high horse bud you don’t know my situation as I don’t know yours either and would not make such assumptions about you as well

I understand fully what those words mean and I’m happy to say I don’t have a drug habit thank you. If you would read my comment I agreed with ressilient1 said and said he had good points that I had never considered them before so please get off your high horse bud you don’t know my situation as I don’t know yours either and would not make such assumptions about you as well
"I don’t have a drug habit "

Oh my mistake, I assumed you were using syringes for injecting AAS because that is a big topic of discussion on this board and your user name suggests that you love "Test" and maybe weed too. Plus you've posted about your previous cycling and intention to do it again. I suspect some high estrogen issues as well, you seem very sensitive and steadfast in denial of said obvious habit.

My definitions:
Drug - A substance that when consumed has physiological or psychological effect on ones body
Habit - A repetitive routine

AAS is a drug, cycling is habit by it's very definition.

I assume that nearly everyone here either has such a habit, did in the past or has an interest in the subject. It's a large group, you are in the minority if you are not in it. I think it's a very fair assumption. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single person here that I wouldn't say that about.

High horse? lol, kick rocks kid. If you think your situation is so special I don't know what to tell you, myself I might have mentioned that in my first reply to the question. That's just me though .

Last edited:
I go with 23g 1” everywhere. I’ve used 25 and 27g in 5/8”, 1” and 1.5”. Anything over 23g takes way too long to inject and really shouldn’t be used for oil IMO. As you reduce the diameter of the needle you increase the exit velocity of the oil which can cause a host of problems.

5/8” works ok for quads, lats, biceps, triceps etc... as Kinger said, 1” minimum for glutes.
Completely agree!

Oh my mistake, I assumed you were using syringes for injecting AAS because that is a big topic of discussion on this board and your user name suggests that you love "Test" and maybe weed too. Plus you've posted about your previous cycling and intention to do it again. I suspect some high estrogen issues as well, you seem very sensitive and steadfast in denial of said obvious habit.

My definitions:
Drug - A substance that when consumed has physiological or psychological effect on ones body

I assume that nearly everyone here either has such a habit, did in the past or has an interest in the subject. It's a large group, you are in the minority if you are not in it. I think it's a very fair assumption. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single person here that I wouldn't say that about.

High horse? lol, kick rocks kid. If you think your situation is so special I don't know what to tell you, myself I might have mentioned that in my first reply to the question. That's just me though .
There’s your problem you just assume things! Lol. First of all I don’t consider testosterone or weed as a drug. That’s like saying everyone walking around with a set of balls is on drugs! A habit is
a regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up. Yes I use steroids and cannabis but I don’t have drug habit and I don’t crave these things I choose to use them as tools. I honestly feel sorry for you now must be like being in prison with a mindset like that.

My definitions:

I also don’t care to argue with you about it I came here to learn and make friends with people alike. You are entitled to your opinion if that’s how you feel good for you but I’m done arguing with you have a good one gondar1

There’s your problem you just assume things! Lol. First of all I don’t consider testosterone or weed as a drug. That’s like saying everyone walking around with a set of balls is on drugs! A habit is
a regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up. Yes I use steroids and cannabis but I don’t have drug habit and I don’t crave these things I choose to use them as tools. I honestly feel sorry for you now must be like being in prison with a mindset like that.

Well thank goodness you have identified what my problem is, now I will have a more comprehensive answer if somebody says "What's your problem?" to me. Assuming things is only really ever a problem when you are wrong which I am not in this case. It doesn't matter what you consider to be a drug or not when every legal and medical definition available says otherwise - Facts don't care about your feelings.

Don't feel sorry for me, I am the one who chose to take on the burden of being logical, accurate and correct so that those of your ilk don't have to expend energy trying to understand some simple things. If it even saves just one mind it's worth it.

I also don’t care to argue with you about it I came here to learn and make friends with people alike. You are entitled to your opinion if that’s how you feel good for you but I’m done arguing with you have a good one gondar1

Sounds good, appreciate the polite conclusion.

It’s a general consensus around the AAS community that it’s a pretty low life thing to go to a needle exchange for free needles for AAS use. It is also my opinion on the matter.

That said, the easiest and best service I’ve found for syringes and needles is with Surgo online

https://www.surgo.com/needles-and-syringes--4
I honestly had no idea. Only reason I was going there was because every pharmacy in my area would not help look at you like a drug addict and tell you they don’t have what I need and can’t help me. I’ll check that out for sure thanks man! Also I’d like to add I’ve never done this personally but I have heard of people reusing needles in my area because of the problem I mentioned above so if my earlier comment helps at least one person not do that at least I guess my comment wasn’t for nothing. As for me I’ll be looking into buying online next time I need to stock up thank you

I honestly had no idea. Only reason I was going there was because every pharmacy in my area would not help look at you like a drug addict and tell you they don’t have what I need and can’t help me. I’ll check that out for sure thanks man! Also I’d like to add I’ve never done this personally but I have heard of people reusing needles in my area because of the problem I mentioned above so if my earlier comment helps at least one person not do that at least I guess my comment wasn’t for nothing. As for me I’ll be looking into buying online next time I need to stock up thank you
For future reference, if you go to a pharmacy asking about needles tell them you are on hormone replacement therapy, and your endocrinologist suggested... (you get the idea).