Will you get the covid vaccine?

Will you get the covid vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 60.4%

• Total voters
It would save quite a bit of money b/c it would be a single federal program, rather than the individual provincial programs, which would give far greater purchasing power. It's not about free medication, but better priced meds, a more effective program, and one that is universal for all Cdns. The U.S. is a mess, and they rape their citizens over drugs, it's absolutely disgusting how much people pay for insulin. Insulin? That shit that if you don't get it you die. A 10ml vial of insulin costs $450! People generally require btwn 0.5 and 0.8 units/kg. A 10ml vial has 1000 units.

Patients with Type 2 diabetes are far more resistant to insulin, and require more than 6 vials a month. And, that's just insulin. The U.S. drug prices are more expensive than any other country. The global average for drugs outside of the U.S. is 56%, we're at 65%, so we're not that great.

It's ironic that the U.S. spends more than any other country on health care, all the while so many politicians refuse to support universal health care options.

The only medication coverage I know of (in Ontario) is Trillium Drug coverage, but it is only useful for those who are at a low income level. Once you're making anything above subsistence levels you are expected to pay. I look at drug coverage in the same light as medical care. If you need a medication you should not be limited access due to income. That doesn't benefit society.
I thought it was about free meds?

Not at all.

Here's an good overview. My main issue with the plan is a focus on generics, but that's a personal choice, and I am happy to pay more for a couple of meds b/c I use the brand name product. They are superior in quality, but it depends on the medication and the individual.
Thx.
Yeah the cost savings to the average person would then be spent in the economy if it isn’t saved.
Now would then the generic drugs become the only ones of choice though, or the pharma companies Stuart’s giving us inferior versions because their profits have been cut?

When looking at it in the way the article states its a great idea. But then initial cost must be what is putting thew governement off. But they would get back extra in taxes in the end, instead of lining the pharma companies pockets.

I’m glad you showed me this, I jjust always thought it was something that I would be taxed more for so the halve nots could have. now don’t get me wrong, I have no issues helping, but if I was to keep being taxes until I’m a have not, why work so hard, lol