Wife TRT

animal-inside

Trusted Member
MY wife has been having some issues last few years and we decided to see if anything was due to hormones. Doctors tessted every hormone in her body and said it was fine, but her testosterone was too high and her estorgen was also too high based on their ranges. But they said "its fine".

Google search of high test and high estorgen shows some of the sides are what she has been feeling.

So we spent the cash and sent her to a private hormone clinic.

They said she has fibroids (we knew this for many years) which increase her testosterone and her body produced more estrogen to balance it, but her progesterone is very low. Low progesterone according to them is a way for body to balance too much testosterone. And they also said her DHEA is very low. But they don't want to put her on DHEA as it might raise her already high testosterone.

So they have her progesterone pills and cream. 1-2 pills a day before bed, and she uses the cream as needed. BAscially when she feels lots of period/pms sysmtoms, she uses the cream 1-4 time a day.

She was also given keto DHEA. It's a derrivitive of DHEA, but the body isn't able to use it to produce more testosterone. SO basically it will raise her DHEA levels without the risk of raising testosterone.

She's only 4 days into the meds so we don't know if they will help her, but its interesting in that their clinic was able to get our benefit plan to cover her keto DHEA, but the local doctors couldn't get my DHEA covered through our plan. I had to pay 120$ for 3 months of DHEA. I'm not sure if the difference is her being keto DHEA and mine being DHEA or is it how they presented it or??

And our plan covered her 350$ appointment with the clinic as well.

EIther way, I thought I'd share this info for the those of you who have a lady in your life.. Might be worth checking out..

Wife has been doing TRT through True Balance for a few years. Works for her. Her test and progesterone were low and estrogen high. Her DHEA was not covered and we have kick ass coverage. Its easy...just bought some when states side at Costco. Got like 500 pills for like $25 USD.

My wife said to me. Why is your skin so tight. I told her I’ve been cheating with hormones.
Her hair has been really brittle lately, and her skin is thinning, she almost 60, I told her to get on estrogen replacement therapy. It would likely thicken her skin and stop the hair loss. Shit her doctor offered it to her like 8 years ago.
She has no issues building muscle.

Thanks for the insight, me and the wife visited the last endo, we had an appointment with, she seems.to be doing more thorough testing but I believe we will.come up.with the same song and dance, as she said things like these are the feelings God intended us to have, which I almost walked out right after hearing but will give her a hammer at redemption come bloodwork results

If this is a nother bust as I expect I will be going the lrivate clinic route as well

She could try something as simple as DIM . I believe it regulates/ balances hormones and estrogen to test ratio. I have used it on trt. But it should actually work better for women. I use the word try because I dont know if there would be any negative effects. Its an ingredient that comes from fibous vegetables like cauliflower.

Evening primrose oil also rings a bell for womens hormones, but honestly never researched it much

Last edited:
She could try something as simple as DIM . I believe it regulates/ balances hormones and estrogen to test ratio. I have used it on trt. But it should actually work better for women. I use the word try because I dont know if there would be any negative effects. Its an ingredient that comes from fibous vegetables like cauliflower.

Evening primrose oil also rings a bell for womens hormones, but honestly never researched it much
evening Primrose is prescribed by naturopaths for the reason @Cheapshot just mentioned. No idea if it works but it is used for a host of female issues. I have not researched much but it is listed in prescriptions for natural healing multiple times for multiple issues that impact women.

I appriciate the info, but right now she is following the private clinic advise to a T. They are extrmely thorough down to her vitamins and supplments. So if we add anything, we will run it by them first. They seem to be well verse in vitamins, supplements, hormones, homeopathic etc..

Thanks for the insight, me and the wife visited the last endo, we had an appointment with, she seems.to be doing more thorough testing but I believe we will.come up.with the same song and dance, as she said things like these are the feelings God intended us to have, which I almost walked out right after hearing but will give her a hammer at redemption come bloodwork results

If this is a nother bust as I expect I will be going the lrivate clinic route as well
If you are close to the US and go across the border buy DHEA, 25 mg pills. She takes one a day. It works amazingly on woman. 25 mg seems to be good, my wife got acne on 50 mg.
My wife is 59 this summer and she’s 8 years older than me and most people think she’s the same age. SHe has taken dhea for years, also she can easily outwork the 20 year olds at work.

If you are close to the US and go across the border buy DHEA, 25 mg pills. She takes one a day. It works amazingly on woman. 25 mg seems to be good, my wife got acne on 50 mg.
My wife is 59 this summer and she’s 8 years older than me and most people think she’s the same age. SHe has taken dhea for years, also she can easily outwork the 20 year olds at work.
everythign I read about women and DHEA is that they generally drop a good chunk of body fat pretty quickly. Espciecally if they are low in DHEA.. With your wife's age, I'd confidentily say she's likely low in DHEA

everythign I read about women and DHEA is that they generally drop a good chunk of body fat pretty quickly. Espciecally if they are low in DHEA.. With your wife's age, I'd confidentily say she's likely low in DHEA
Well she doesn’t have any bodyfat to drop,lol. She has abs
But yeah if she wasn’t sumplementing it would likely be low.

I did not listen to this, just stumbled across it and thought of you. Ben normally has some great info