Whos buying crypto?

I feel like its relatively safe the believe bitcoin and erethrum are going to climb back up. Bitcoin is just too widely known and ethereum is actually doing new things to compete and man crypto wallets carry just the two or at least the two. To what $/bt would you think its probably a good decision to buy. Like its 26,000 rn. Yes it may go as low as 17,000 accordingto google but its expected to climb back up passed both of them, zo if you hold on long enough you could probably turn a profit, as an individual idea, so each of your personal opinions, to what level would you buy, what $/bt would you hold and what $/bt would you sell?
I get theres no right or wrong answer, i guess its just to see all your opinions on what you believe the market can or will go from here.
I know some said wait for it to drop more, but ithink its risky to decide if it will drop more so just throw some money on it continuously cause i think weather it drops or not in a couple years itllbe much higher

So far Im pretty impressed with these crypto etfs. Both have dropped hard in value since inception but continue to pay a good dividend. Covered calls do good in volatile markets. Still paying over 12% for me. I dont see any reason to ever sell them unless they cut the dividend too low

So far Im pretty impressed with these crypto etfs. Both have dropped hard in value since inception but continue to pay a good dividend. Covered calls do good in volatile markets. Still paying over 12% for me. I dont see any reason to ever sell them unless they cut the dividend too low
So instead of buying actual bitcoin you invest in etfs involving bitcoin?
Ive only been tryin to learn about anything involving investing the last month or so.
Wish idid in 2012 instead of just taking my foster bro word on everything, id be rich lol.

Ive only been tryin to learn about anything involving investing the last month or so.
Wish idid in 2012 instead of just taking my foster bro word on everything, id be rich lol.
Yes bitcoin and ethereum etfs that pay a dividend. All tax free gains in my tfsa. These certain etfs will never have the crazy growth like actual bitcoin, but im more of an income investor and just reinvest my dividends monthly.

2021 returns dont mean much imo. A monkey could of made 8-10% in 2021..lol
LOL point being made is big returns doesn’t mean another year will result in losing all the investors money

The point is the above comments are ridiculous

and these hedge funds have some of the smartest people and adapt to market conditions

Anyways lol

LOL point being made is big returns doesn’t mean another year will result in losing all the investors money

The point is the above comments are ridiculous

and these hedge funds have some of the smartest people and adapt to market conditions

Anyways lol
I don't know alot about hedge funds. But most fund managers or "salesman" actually cant beat the s&p500 picking singles stocks. I believe the number was 75% fail to do this year in year out.

I don't know alot about hedge funds. But most fund managers or "salesman" actually cant beat the s&p500 picking singles stocks. I believe the number was 75% fail to do this year in year out.

We’re going off topic

But the argument I was making was to debunk the none sense of saying 95% lose all of investors money

And anyone with high returns will then lose all of the investors money following years

And the idea that the person Rocky was talking to “falls in the 95%”
You can’t go around just assuming everyone is a loser lol

The real hedge fund shine now, that allocate into the proper sectors to combat a downturn in the market. You are correct 2020-2021 was straight forward but you still had people fucking up lol
Now we are in a correction and you have some hedge funds like Pierre Andurand who are up 162% by being long commodities

Anyways
The point is hedge funds are not bringing high returns one year then losing all your money the year after
And you dont have to have a net worth of 238 billion to have access to these firms

Reactions: 3ml
BTCX, BTCC, GBTC, ETHX, ETHR just to name a few. They can be held in registered or non registered accounts. There's always the old saying of "not your keys not your coins" when it comes to crypto which is 100% true, but I believe most of these funds are insured which should prevent against a QuadrigaCX-like incident. Having some crypto exposure in a TFSA could be very very good for people.

But the argument I was making was to debunk the none sense of saying 95% lose all of investors money
I believe you misread my post. 95% don't lose all of investors money. 95% fail to beat the market on a consistent year over year basis. This is simply a fact. Pre-coffee top of my head the stats are somewhere around 25% of fund managers will beat the market in a 3yr period. Of those 25%, less than 5% will beat the market in the next 3yr period.

Now that's not to say that these 95% will even lose money. That is simply saying if the market returns exactly 10% year over year for 10 years straight, 95% of fund managers will return less than that. It may be 9.9%. It may be 3%. So as a retail investor, to think you're better off picking individual stocks is basically thinking you're better than 95% of the top professionals who do this for a living. It's highly unlikely.