What's up with gold and silver right now

animal-inside

Trusted Member
I understand people are using gold to hedge against inflation, but there has to be more to whats going on right now..

Silver is going up as well..

I know there's a correclation to gold and silver price, but I've never understood it. Does anyone know the connection? I was told you can watch the value of gold to predict future silver price.. And its not nessircarly when gold goes up, silver follows..

If you were to adjust bond yields against the current rate of inflation, gold is preferable because it will outperform bonds.

Silver is manipulated, same with gold. Still an impressive jump this week for something that barely moves. I sold a few oz of gold and 50oz of silver last week. So you can thank me for it going up..lol

I was told sometimes what happens is that all these investors who bought into a type of investment where they can force you to put more money in from a "call"... Sometimes investors can't make the call, so they sell stuff like gold to cover the call.

My memeory is terbiel and I can't recall this type of investment, but I was told when markets shit the bed those calls come out and lots of investors have to dump stuff to cover the call or loose their investments.

I was curious if this was happening right now too, but it seems more likely its caused by some panic in the world right now..

I'm contemplating dumping some gold right now as well, but I think I'll hold on a bit longer.. Lots of what I have read have said gold will steadily increase for the next 2-4 years.. I guess that all depends on some elections and wars though.. what a fucked up world to be honest.

Last time gold skyrocketed was 9/11. It went up for a good ten years before dropping a bit. Then back up since covid. Ww3 whether in the middle east or europe or both will cause a massive jump again. Theres also the taiwan situation too but that hasnt really began yet.
De dolarization of the petro dollar will also help the push.

Like others said gold has been manipulated to stay low. Silver aswell. In order to keep people invested in fiat currency.

Fedcoins are coming and will cause turbulance aswell.

For all we know they may make owning precious metals illegal again🤷🏻‍♂️

Last time gold skyrocketed was 9/11. It went up for a good ten years before dropping a bit. Then back up since covid. Ww3 whether in the middle east or europe or both will cause a massive jump again. Theres also the taiwan situation too but that hasnt really began yet.
De dolarization of the petro dollar will also help the push.

Like others said gold has been manipulated to stay low. Silver aswell. In order to keep people invested in fiat currency.

Fedcoins are coming and will cause turbulance aswell.

For all we know they may make owning precious metals illegal again🤷🏻‍♂️

I hear you.....

To be honest, I started buying gold and silver when I was thinking Truduea was purposely going to crash the cnadian dollar and start a new world currency.. I thought USA dollar was shitting itself as well around the same time.. so I bought gold/silver..

I hear you.....

To be honest, I started buying gold and silver when I was thinking Truduea was purposely going to crash the cnadian dollar and start a new world currency.. I thought USA dollar was shitting itself as well around the same time.. so I bought gold/silver..
That is likely still the plan, but the fear of backlash against him is getting him to slow his roll.

I think he’s hoping he can recover enough to get another term then things will go to shit.

Reactions: 3ml
Gold rises with political instability / lack of confidence in gov’t; add the drums of war…

Not a breakout yet, more a test of resistance.
As far as charts go it's above any resistance that I see.
Now if you look at what you can get per ounce of gold it is far less than the last peak in 2012/2013.

As far as gold and silver. I have bought it for years. Not hoping to make money on it. It's insurance. If gold goes to 10k an ounce all of a sudden we probably have real big problems.

The way i look at it is gold going up just means the value of dollars is going down.
But gold and silver are also manipulated to keep it down while the big central banks buy it up.
Eventually CAD and USD have to collapse. Then gold and silver should really jump.

Reactions: 3ml