What's the use case for this? Testosterone 400 (400mg mix of esters)?

El Ronero

Trusted Member
There's a lab I really like that offers a test blend

Testosterone 400 (Testosterone Cypionate 150mg, Testosterone Enanthate 150mg, Testosterone
Decanoate 100mg)

I like the high concentration - but what's the use case? Why use Test E & Test C, it's virtually the same half life... And what's the purpose of the deconate?

I won't argue with labs or say negative things about them but I much prefer single ester products. You are 100% right CYP or EN are essentially identical and Decanoate just gives a part of the product a much longer half life.
I would understand a product like test prop mixed with either test E or C, and a longer ester as well so it might kick in quicker and you only need to take a shot a week - short, medium and long ester product but again I still don't like it but if your a shot a week guy it would be something to consider. It is still going to take a few injections before you get a steady amount in your system.

It is just my opinion but I want to know exactly how long the steroid is going to show up, will impact my hormone blood work, etc. I know exactly where my blood markers will be with prop, enanthate and cyp if the compound is dosed correct hence I can plan blood draws. I have some long ester products and I just bought them for the F of it and never used them lol.

Prop is my favourite and 3 shots a week. I would ask the lab but sometimes I think it's just to offer something different. No offence to any lab as I sure if F don't know everything.

thanks @Goldenrod - kind of my thoughts as well. I was wondering if I was missing something. Seems most labs offer something similar, so no dig on the lab - if there's demand, they should fill it.

My thought, helps with pip and crashing from high mg combinations. I could be wrong and someone may correct me.

Lots of labs have done this.

I've never understood the attraction to mixing esters of the same base. I've never seen the science that backs it up as being better in any way.
When I say that I am referring to pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. A very important part of understanding efficacy of any drug is AUC - Area Under the Curve. AUC is defined as the total drug exposure across time. In this case that means how much total Test your body is exposed to and how long that exposure was from zero to peak and back to zero. REGARDLESS of all other factors like method of delivery, esters, ester weights, carriers, etc. All the science I've ever seen shows that there is no appreciable effect on AUC of Test if everything else is accounted for so why bother? IOW Test is Test, mg to mg it's the same molecule.

So why all the fucking around with mixing ? "But prop kicks in faster!" the hoards exclaim. Let's stop the parroting and apply critical thinking here.

Other than the very first shot does that matter when with very minor differences anything you can accomplish as far as an end result with prop can be done with TE or TC ? And if you remove "time to peak" from the equation that goes for the "longer" esters like UnDec as well.

For most guys UnDec would peak at around 7 days after injection so maybe that's a valid concern but Undec is not nearly as popular in our community as TP, TE or TC. There are many studies that show peak time of those 3 with a variety of conclusions but if you shake it all down to remove the fluff it's very clear that it's reasonable to expect about 10-12 hrs for TP to peak, 24hrs for TE and maybe up to 40+ for TC.
If you think starting your cycle 12 hrs earlier is going to have any noticeable effect when you show up on stage or at your grad reunion I have some bad news for you.

I can accept if someone believes that certain esters "feel better", or some give a bad reaction, or someone thinks that one makes them hold water. Most of those are subjective or at least somewhat subjective arguments, hard to argue against how someone feels though.
Same for if you prefer TP because you like the feeling or idea of undulating levels because it's "more natural".
Meh, I say.
I'm not fanatical about steady levels by any means so I get this view but there is not much natural about what we are doing here once you get past true TRT levels so how much of an improvement is TP over TE with an appropriate dosing schedule in this regard?

Sust is the first Test mix that comes to mind for most people but what most people don't know is that Sust only ever was developed because of a push from the marketing dept at Organon. Everything I said in this post was basically laid out by one of them, they were well aware of the lack of significant benefit to this approach. The tactics employed to promote sales and take market share were pretty much the classic - create a problem and then sell the solution. Too many fingers in the pie for anyone involved in the approval process to be motivated to point out that there really was no problem.

Back to the OP question, my guess is it's already been answered by the OP, there is a demand for it.

Edited to correctly word the AUC definition

Last edited:
Some esters are more difficult to dissolve so they are left out in favor of esters that are able to. Test D is so easy to get into solution that it can hold easily at 400mg/ml with 1.5/15 BA/BB. Getting test prop over 150mg/ml with the same BA/BB is a chore at the heating stage to get it to hold.

when i use enanthate, i could go 1-2 days late on my weekly trt injection no problem. on test C tho… it HAS to be done that day or i feel like shit.