Whatcha spending your tax return on ?

animal-inside

Trusted Member
If you got one.. What are you doing wth it?

I got a decent return back this year compared to usual... I bought a bit of trapping equipment with it and I have my eyes on some new camping stuff.. I really like all the new camping equiepment and tools and improvments that have been coming out lately. Can't not be tempted by it.. Amazon kills me sometimes lol

If you got one.. What are you doing wth it?

I got a decent return back this year compared to usual... I bought a bit of trapping equipment with it and I have my eyes on some new camping stuff.. I really like all the new camping equiepment and tools and improvments that have been coming out lately. Can't not be tempted by it.. Amazon kills me sometimes lol

Brother, I’m a camping gear junkie so I hear ya! Spent my return on a new tent, stove, carbon paddle, sleeping pad, I should mention I already have 9 tents, 7 sleeping pads, multiple stoves, and half a dozen paddles! I can’t help myself lol!!

Bunk

I used to get a tiny tax return, then the child care credit got changed and now I pay.
So nothing.
I might still treat myself, lol.

I'm using it to pay off my property taxes. With the little that remains I'll treat myself to a bottle of Vodka to drown my sorrow at how much I just gave to the govt :(

Havent done it yet...but I suspect I'll be helping Jr give our money away to other countries while snubbing Canadians. He is such a piece of work.

My favourite time of year - only cheque’s I get that doesn’t have a huge chunk taken off. I have a lot of expenses I can write off so I get a good cheque back. Hoping to put a good down payment on a side by side.

Havent done it yet...but I suspect I'll be helping Jr give our money away to other countries while snubbing Canadians. He is such a piece of work.
Man, I don’t even want to get started about the waste of skin this piece of shit is. I know a lot of liberal friends that can’t believe his gall either. They really don’t want to vote pc, but will, but no way they would vote him in again.

Didnt bother filing this year, figured it all out and made about 40 grand less and still owe them cocksuckers money. I dont have any money to give them, so i guess they can wait

Brother, I’m a camping gear junkie so I hear ya! Spent my return on a new tent, stove, carbon paddle, sleeping pad, I should mention I already have 9 tents, 7 sleeping pads, multiple stoves, and half a dozen paddles! I can’t help myself lol!!

Bunk

I do different camping for different reasons, but my best camping purchases ever for me have been a hammock tent https://hennessyhammock.com/
so comfortble.. never need to bring a mattress/pad/pillow again.. about 2lbs total.. no poles.. fits in a shoe box with room to spare etc..

Man, I don’t even want to get started about the waste of skin this piece of shit is. I know a lot of liberal friends that can’t believe his gall either. They really don’t want to vote pc, but will, but no way they would vote him in again.

Yup we had the same thing. Used to get a better return then ass clown Trudeau came along and "did us middle class a favour" by reworking the child tax credit.. Now we get a very small check every 3 months as opposed to a nice return.

The only thing Trudeau did for us that helped was bringing in a day care subsidy if the day care could meet requirments that it provides a educational cirriculum. Our day care costs when down because of this.

Yup we had the same thing. Used to get a better return then ass clown Trudeau came along and "did us middle class a favour" by reworking the child tax credit.. Now we get a very small check every 3 months as opposed to a nice return.

The only thing Trudeau did for us that helped was bringing in a day care subsidy if the day care could meet requirments that it provides a educational cirriculum. Our day care costs when down because of this.

I got nothing for daycare, I make too much. Yeah our childcare check is puny as well.
Also as grandparents we were told by CAS to go to Ontario Works and we would get a small monthly allowance and my grandsons dental and eyecare would be covered. So we did, the case worker said he loved guys like us, because they save them a fortune vs foster care. Said we would get it forever. A year after Trudeau got in they changed the rules and kicked us off. I have the money, we were putting it into an education fund, it was only $250 a month.
Still pisses me off though, more for other grandparents, there is likely lots that can’t afford to raise another child and I wonder how many kids get thrown into the system because of this. Fuck they even offered clothing allowance and we declined, we didn’t want to abuse the system, we put the money towards his school because that way he uses it to become a better functioning member of society, well the high tax paying part anyways if he gets the right job, lol,

I got nothing for daycare, I make too much. Yeah our childcare check is puny as well.
Also as grandparents we were told by CAS to go to Ontario Works and we would get a small monthly allowance and my grandsons dental and eyecare would be covered. So we did, the case worker said he loved guys like us, because they save them a fortune vs foster care. Said we would get it forever. A year after Trudeau got in they changed the rules and kicked us off. I have the money, we were putting it into an education fund, it was only $250 a month.
Still pisses me off though, more for other grandparents, there is likely lots that can’t afford to raise another child and I wonder how many kids get thrown into the system because of this. Fuck they even offered clothing allowance and we declined, we didn’t want to abuse the system, we put the money towards his school because that way he uses it to become a better functioning member of society, well the high tax paying part anyways if he gets the right job, lol,

ya I know that because our kids day care is subsidized, that money came from taxes. I was lucky on this change as it affected me positively. Odds are you getting cut off was part of how the day care subsidy was made.

If both our kids were out of day care and into a school, we'd be FAR worse off with the changes trudeau made.. Tiny check compared to good taxes deductions/dependant perks

Tax return is why I’m looking at muscle cars from the US. 😊

I think I will be at peace if in my 40's I can buy a muscle car. I have a lot of other dreams which cost money, and this would be the last one on my list so if I get it, it means I also have a couple other things I dream about.

I owned a muscle car in my late teens... I recall the feeling of driving that car with a full tank of gas, windows open, music playing, windy country road and little responsiblity!!!

If both our kids were out of day care and into a school, we'd be FAR worse off with the changes trudeau made.. Tiny check compared to good taxes deductions/dependant perks

My grandson is out of daycare and in school. He's in grade 3. I lost my deductions and perks, still tiny check and before didn't get any subsidies. All I've received while Trudeau has been in power is higher taxes.

I think I'm missing something in what you are saying.