What is your major grocery items that you get every week or two to meal prep for the life style?

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
I thought this might be helpful for people to see what guys are usually buying and possibly give new ideas.

My list not including stuff for wife and kids are the following for a two week period:

-1 large salmon preferably wild caught
-3 lb lean ground beef
-8 large size skinless chicken breasts
-2 steaks
-1 beef roast
-Pack of 4 to 6 farmer sausages
-Pack of breakfast sausage or bacon.(rotates every second week)
-18 free-range Omega 3 large size eggs
-1 Pack of igh protein cottage cheese
-3 large containers of 0%fat 15g protein Greek yogurt
-3 cartons of 0%fat Fairlife milk
-blueberries
-ovacados
-olive oil
-carrots,cucumbers, broccoli,coliflower,
-2 bags of apples
-2 bundles of bananas
-cinnamon
-beets
-1 loaf honey and oats brown bread
-white rice
-white or sweet potatos interchanging
-1 bag of protein powder (per month)
-protein pancake batter
This basicly covers the weightlifting/medical use food I need. Keeps me at roughly 200g protein a day for two weeks. I don't really count any other macros I just drop most carbs or raise them whether loosing or adding weight. This is also a fairly low saturated fat/high healthy fat/highish fiber diet. Easily affordable good quality whole foods for under 500$ every two weeks.

Last edited:
Looks close to what my wife and I go through.
She's active at the gym as well 6 days a week. I was just saying we need a side hussle to pay are food bill. Lol
Yea prices have gone up in my area. Getting real, healthy whole foods is just way more expensive then the average westerners diet. Honesy for my wife, me kids and dogs were usually paying 800ish every two weeks.

We've found the food land we have in our town has started price gouging by approximately 12%.
Our towns pop was 8500 a few years back now its around 20k and they've taken advantage of it.
We will drive into the next larger town over and go to a sobeys for our big weekly shop. We spend an average of 450 a week for a full shop. Just over 530 if we shop local.

Stock my freezer with bear / deer meat. Then always have a few 25lbs bags of rice and oatmeal on deck, as well as an abundance of whey protein. So for me it’s mostly micro items like;

Diet coke, rice cakes, hot sauce, spinach, fruits, tea, vinegars.

You probably have the fanciest diet out of all of us, I could only imagine the insane variety you have of every cut of all kinds of meats 🍖
I am the most boring eater. And yeah I have so much to choose from. Its weird

But every day other than dinner this is what I am eating right now

1 lb ground beef
8 eggs
scoop of protien powder with milk.

Nope cutting, lol

Dinner tonight will be 2 beef kabobs and ceaser salad.

This is why I am still fat, lol.
Sounds like my cuts, garlic bread at every meal just no cake for desert lol. For me it's just a small part for image I usually drop weight just for over all health, cholesterol, blood sugar just kind of a body fat spring clean lol

Last edited:
I'm as basic as it comes
- ~10lbs of chicken breast (organic)
- ~3lbs of sockeye salmon (wild caught)
- 2 dozen eggs & whites (organic/free range)
- Rice
- Cream of rice
- Green beans (frozen)
- Spinach (frozen)
- Blueberries/strawberries (frozen)
- Extra virgin olive oil

due to our current economic crisis, this costs me between $150-200 a week.